Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Put my number into Vodafone's line check -
    "Get broadband
    First check your line and see what speed it can support"
    "Your line can support
    Our fastest speed - up to 70Mb!"
    On Eircom's eFibre check
    Congratulations!
    Your home can get our best value eFibre broadband bundles.
    Note that my area is "green" on the Eircom eFibre mapping page, indicating eFibre is available in my area.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52885893/eFibre%20map.JPG
    Rang Vodafone -your line is good for 1MB only, fibre broadband may be available by end June.
    Maps & line checks account for nothing.
    Location 2.2km south of Blennerville, Co. Kerry.
    2723111196.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

Maps & line checks account for nothing.
    Location 2.2km south of Blennerville, Co. Kerry.

The maps seem to cover the area that is covered by the particular exchange.

Have a look at the map linked on the first page of this thread, is there a cab within 1km of your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 user5431

how ya lads i need your help

I have just had a look at the eFibre Rollout Plan map, and it shows all differnt colour greens to tell you if its now available, coming soon etc.

The problem i have is that in my area on the map there is no green coloured at all, not even to tell me if its coming in 2014. so does this mean my area will not be getting Efibre?? Thanks efibre.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

user5431 wrote: »

I have just had a look at the eFibre Rollout Plan map, and it shows all differnt colour greens to tell you if its now available, coming soon etc.

The problem i have is that in my area on the map there is no green coloured at all, not even to tell me if its coming in 2014. so does this mean my area will not be getting Efibre?? Thanks efibre.png

Ya if your area is not on that map at all its highly doubtful you will ever get it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Nolars wrote: »
    Ya if your area is not on that map at all its highly doubtful you will ever get it at this stage.

What makes you think that? Quite misleading information there.

If you want to find if your area may get coverage check the nga coverage map on the right-hand side of this page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭swoofer

for which provider?

RangeR wrote: »
    Now that this product has gone live, I would like to see the T's & C's of their business 70Mb product. I can't seem to find it on their Terms and Conditions page. Anyone got a link?
    GBCULLEN wrote: »
    for which provider?

Try to keep these posts to the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Added another in Airside, Swords. It's a bit off the beaten track.

Edit: would include the label but the rain seems to have washed away the writing that was on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

2 more locations added for Carrick-on-Shannon.

Pictures added.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

added a cabinet I spotted in Dromahane village near Mallow, was surprised to see it to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

the "donaghmede" exchange up the road from me shows no green at all, yet there are at least 5 cabs already installed.
    conversely, there are areas covered by an exchange that are so rural [see donegal exchange] that i'm surprised if they even get DSL. so, yeah, maps mean nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Kromdar wrote: »
    so, yeah, maps mean nothing.

Which is one of the main reasons for the mapping effort...to produce a clear and accurate map of the cabinets

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Added the 3 cabs I found in Enniscorthy,was told there are 2 more to go live next week,didn't get a chance to check one & couldn't see the other as I think it's in a carpark & not visible from the road.

I mapped two yesterday for the Greystones exchange. One was only perhaps 20m or so from another just up the road (at Delgany).

phog wrote: »
    The maps seem to cover the area that is covered by the particular exchange.

Have a look at the map linked on the first page of this thread, is there a cab within 1km of your house?

The nearest cab I can find is 2.2km from my house. Granted this is too far away for fibre. What annoys me is why do Vodafone send texts & emails & have my line showing up as capable of handling up to 70MB & Eircom have my neighbourhood as "green" when it's not available on my line.

The nearest cab I can find is 2.2km from my house. Granted this is too far away for fibre. What annoys me is why do Vodafone send texts & emails & have my line showing up as capable of handling up to 70MB & Eircom have my neighbourhood as "green" when it's not available on my line.

The Eircom map will show what areas have gone live but not all cabinets are ready. Did you go out to find the nearest cabinet or are you going by the Crowdsource map? If you went by our map, it is possible that a cabinet could be nearer to you. A cabinet will be near or beside an old copper cabinet. The copper cabinet may not necessarily look like the one in post 1.

Another one spotted in Carrick on Shannon at Tesco roundabout near the (former) Bank of America.

Picture added.

versager wrote: »
    Another one spotted in Carrick on Shannon at Tesco roundabout near the (former) Bank of America.

Picture added.

And an extension box on top of the other cabinet to the left of it. :D

red_bairn wrote: »
    And an extension box on top of the other cabinet to the left of it. :D

Ah well, the pic came up just like that:pac:

The hunt for more cabinets goes on...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Added one in Kindlestown Upper in Wicklow, Delgany. Green cabinet put in place today.

• Advertisement

red_bairn wrote: »
    The Eircom map will show what areas have gone live but not all cabinets are ready. Did you go out to find the nearest cabinet or are you going by the Crowdsource map? If you went by our map, it is possible that a cabinet could be nearer to you. A cabinet will be near or beside an old copper cabinet. The copper cabinet may not necessarily look like the one in post 1.
    The cab 2.2km away I mapped myself.
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=200976005490800150654.0004d6a674e6be3826dcb&start=1000&num=200&ll=52.306799,-9.716034&spn=0.514717,1.234589&t=h&z=10&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004dd2cc5ade27f4ab5c
    It's one of the new smaller padlocked ones next to the larger old copper cab.
    Just need to get out & do a little legwork to find one closer to home. Had a quick drive around my area but nothing found. Maybe the cabs are still to be installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I spotted a new cab!, i was browsing Thomondgate as i might be moving there, looking for my closet cab, and spotted this sucker!, so i have two cabs pretty close to me, easily within 500m....no idea which one i am connected to.

Anywhoo....old grey cab as seen on Google gone, replaced with big green and VDSL, no pic but i'll walk by tomorrow with phone in hand :)

http://goo.gl/maps/jzwTr

^ added to map - did i do it right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ why dont folks take close up pics of the cab designation/number?....most [not all] cabs have a yellow sticker with a designation number, it relates to the exchange its connected to and the cab number........?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

if only we could get equivalent pricing..

And another one spotted for Carrick-on-Shannon. This one was actually a bit tricky to notice, since it's across the N4 road (Roscommon side of town after you've passed the bridge) roughly up to 10 meters away from the original eircom cabinet;)

Picture added.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

ESB is connecting power to new cabinets in Gorey.

domeld wrote: »
    ESB is connecting power to new cabinets in Gorey.

lucky f*cker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Found 2 more in Enniscorthy & added them to the map.Both are on Ross Rd. & are servicing 2 estates at either side of the roundabout.(Andy Doyle Close & Sean Gearri)

Eircom techs told me a week or so until we go live on certain cabs,Vodafone told me sometime in June.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Cabinet spotted and mapped on Oxmantown Road, Dublin. Cabra exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

legrand wrote: »
    if only we could get equivalent pricing..

£18 per month plus £14 for line rental = £32 = €38
    no cheaper than Vodafone's middle package which also includes some calls

Advertisement