Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Looks like the planning process is far from complete in Terenure. Spotted a notice on TRE1_030, dated 23rd May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

ofcork wrote: »
    Saw this on glen avenue cork across from the church

That PCP cabinet has been damaged for about a year! They need to install a more vandal proof version
    TheChizler wrote: »
    That traffic light box isn't looking too healthy! Lets hope these VDSL units are of a sturdy construction.

That's actually the other design of PCP cabinet. It's an alternative to the green double door version... You can see why they don't use it very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Just added a cabinet on the Athy Road in Carlow opposite Scot's Church and across from the Garda Station on the green area between Athy Road and carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added a cab in Alysbury Crescent in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

For how far will the box work? area wise?

• Advertisement

Added a cab in Woodbrook road in Bishopstown Cork, DYX!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

For how far will the box work? area wise?

I think you are asking how far from the cabinet can you be...basically eircom won't seemingly provision lines that are > 1km from the cabinet.

This is the mapping thread general questions like this go in one of the other threads

Added another in Deerpark in Cork. It's amazing what you'll notice coming home after a night out, my girlfriend and the taxi driver think I'm a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

TheChizler wrote: »
    Added another in Deerpark in Cork. It's amazing what you'll notice coming home after a night out, my girlfriend and the taxi driver think I'm a freak.

I get the same reaction, I'm like someone with torretts when I see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Eircom is providing a map there: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 hairyeggs

Two cabinets within 10m of each other on Blarney Road, Cork - both mapped. One at the top of Strawberry Hill, the other adjacent to Hollyhill lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hairyeggs

One as corner of Commons Rd and Fairfield Ave in Cork also mapped - no photo.

Cilar wrote: »
    Eircom is providing a map there: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Pretty crap map...only shows which exchange areas are live and no mention of cabinets

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

bealtine wrote: »
    Pretty crap map...only shows which exchange areas are live and no mention of cabinets

Fully agreed!

Carrick-on-Shannon coverage map says:
    fibre launching May to June 2013

Phone number check says:
    Your phone number indicates that you are connected to the CK-ON-SHANNON exchange
    CK-ON-SHANNON exchange is due to be Fibre-enabled:
    July to December 2013

Which one is the right one?

Answer: Only God knows, i.e. in eircom they don't have a clue themselves:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Totally agree, my area isn't even shaded on it and yet there is a cab round the corner from me and when you ring Eircom they say eFibre will be available July - Dec 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

versager wrote: »
    Fully agreed!

Carrick-on-Shannon coverage map says:
    fibre launching May to June 2013

Phone number check says:
    Your phone number indicates that you are connected to the CK-ON-SHANNON exchange
    CK-ON-SHANNON exchange is due to be Fibre-enabled:
    July to December 2013

Which one is the right one?

Answer: Only God knows, i.e. in eircom they don't have a clue themselves:eek:

It says the same for Wellington Road and a few others in Cork City
    and the Vodafone checker tells me I don't have a landline :D

I'm guessing there's a launch due on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Spotted a large hole in the path in Dundalk on the corner of Yorke St. and Clanbrassil St. this evening right here:

https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=54.007837,-6.401957&spn=57.334886,172.089844&t=w&z=3&layer=c&panoid=cfqQTCy-fG2aPABAU_sm4g&cbll=54.007837,-6.401957&cbp=13,19.18383654108716,,0,36.84118622691186

There was a large silver pipe at the bottom of the hole, with a similarly sized black wavin pipe with smaller black plastic pipes coming out of it just above it. Not sure if it's water related, but that corner of Dundalk has no fibre cabinet so far.

It's also very close to two schools.

Would be me sorted if it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mapped a cab I saw in Castletroy, Limerick

KN were setting up on the west side of Harold's Cross Road in Dublin this morning. I haven't seen any planning notices along there but I'll keep an eye out for new cabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Spoke to Eircom engineer in Gorey today. They are wiring up Krone panels between main Cabinet and VDSL Cab.
    Getting closer for the service to be launched in area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

trompele wrote: »
    Spoke to Eircom engineer in Gorey today. They are wiring up Krone panels between main Cabinet and VDSL Cab.
    Getting closer for the service to be launched in area.

Jaysus I hope they are putting the Stones on before Gorey or perhaps at the same time. It's been about 5-6 weeks since the first cabinet here and it's gone very quiet. They've possibly done all the electricity but I don't know if any have been commissioned...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Loads of Eircom vans around St. Johns church in Limerick, they are putting down the fibre cable, spotted 3 Eircom vans in Carew Park near a cab....it appears KN installed the cabs but the flippin fibre cable wasnt even blown!

Madness, but you'd expect nothing else from Eircom.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New cab added to map at top of Bohreen Hill,Enniscorthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

There is now a cabinet in Newcastle, Co. Wicklow. It is at the junction of the village main street (R761) and the road to the N11 (R772). I cannot edit the map to show the location. It does not show me an Edit button.

Cormic wrote: »
    There is now a cabinet in Newcastle, Co. Wicklow. It is at the junction of the village main street (R761) and the road to the N11 (R772). I cannot edit the map to show the location. It does not show me an Edit button.

Sounds like you are not logged in...

Cormic wrote: »

Ok added it...hope I understood your instructions correctly:)

Small update to mapping project...

We need to know if cabinets have gone live and when if possible.

Add cabinet Go Live Data to the main map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200976005490800150654.0004d6a674e6be3826dcb&msa=0

1. Find the cabinet marker on the map above , click the red Edit button ( you need to be a Gmail user to see an Edit option) ( go from page to page of the map at the bottom of the list until you see your exchange then zoom in)

2. Click RICH TEXT to preserve existing photos and links before you add to the description.

3. Add text like "Confirmed LIVE VDSL Installed 08/06/2013" (or whatever your install date) is at the bottom of the Description box NOT in the top line. You can also add cabinet photos and location based notes if you wish.

We need the word LIVE in there, that is the important thing.

Press DONE.

Many thanks for your input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Sounds like you are not logged in...

I was on the wrong map. I have added it now.

We need to know if cabinets have gone live and when if possible.
    Given the low ratio of mappers to cabinets, are we ever going to get more than a smattering of confirmations?

Also, how do we find out which cabinet we're connected to once the install is done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

red_bairn wrote: »
    Jaysus I hope they are putting the Stones on before Gorey or perhaps at the same time. It's been about 5-6 weeks since the first cabinet here and it's gone very quiet. They've possibly done all the electricity but I don't know if any have been commissioned...

Spotted ESB & heavy digging gear yesterday & today in the goreyhill area, last Friday spoke to the guys from eircom they hooked up old cab to new smaller one & said teams are working every day and are ahead. Around here for the last month and down to Tompkins garage with the links they have been here every week including weekends.

Advertisement