Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

prioryc wrote: »
    Spotted ESB & heavy digging gear yesterday & today in the goreyhill area, last Friday spoke to the guys from eircom they hooked up old cab to new smaller one & said teams are working every day and are ahead. Around here for the last month and down to Tompkins garage with the links they have been here every week including weekends.

Still saw a cabinet down near our train station that hasn't got power to it. I saw a KN lorry parked on the main street but the lads must have been getting their lunch at SuperValu. :rolleyes:

I don't know what the story is with this town but I'll grab an engineer if I see one near a cabinet. I think they must be working down in Newcastle and other places on the Newtownmountkennedy exchange.

That cabinet you guys have out on the Courtown Road shows that these guys are putting in cabinets in little nucleus areas. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10 cabinets added to the map for Gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

red_bairn wrote: »
    Still saw a cabinet down near our train station that hasn't got power to it. I saw a KN lorry parked on the main street but the lads must have been getting their lunch at SuperValu. :rolleyes:

I don't know what the story is with this town but I'll grab an engineer if I see one near a cabinet. I think they must be working down in Newcastle and other places on the Newtownmountkennedy exchange.

That cabinet you guys have out on the Courtown Road shows that these guys are putting in cabinets in little nucleus areas. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10 cabinets added to the map for Gorey.

Do, they're more than happy to explain from my experience & delighted so many are wanting it too take from that whatever.. anyway even got a look inside the new huawei cab too before it went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hairyeggs

Shankiel Road, Cork adjacent to Strawberry Hill - mapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Hi lads , i have up dated the map for the box down here in Cobh .IMAG0049.jpg

Also the map shows 2 exchanges in my estate , but the only one i could find is behind the ballynoe pub at the entrance to the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi lads , i have up dated the map for the box down here in Cobh .IMAG0049.jpg

Also the map shows 2 exchanges in my estate , but the only one i could find is behind the ballynoe pub at the entrance to the estate

Yes, there's definitely no second one further in the estate - I checked!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I went to add the cabinet that's been installed on New Street South (DBN) and found one had been marked a block north of it. I've taken the liberty of assuming it's the same one just mapped in the wrong place and moved it. I'll double check later this afternoon.

Double-checked: new location by DBN1_039 is correct.

New cabinet mapped at the wall of Harold's Cross Hospice. And behind that it's the last mile...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just added a new cabinet on the Avenue Road, Dundalk, beside Avenue Inn carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Just added two cabinets in Sandymount, both on the Beggars Bush exchange. One is outside Star of the Sea church, planning permission notice dated 8 March.

The other is at the Irishtown end of Tritonville Road with the new cabinet already installed (I saw an engineer fitting it out with new racks last Friday, and he confirmed it was for the fibre rollout).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Cabinet being installed at the Green Rd/Grandby Row and Hanover Rd/Blackbog Road double roundabout in Carlow Town.

I think there is a cabinet on the O'Brien Rd/Tullow Rd roundabout at the corner of Mt Leinster Pk but it's behind a mound of earth and under trees and I've not been on that side of the road to check for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Someone added cabs in Wexford Town. Looks like they must be backfilling FTTC even in FTTH areas. I wonder will VDSL be the preferred NGA option down there (less hassle to install?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Spotted a new cab at the top of bohreen hill in enniscorthy as I was driving past

Yeah already on the map doh! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

zerks wrote: »
    New cab added to map at top of Bohreen Hill,Enniscorthy.

Any idea how many left to hook up in Enniscorthy, I'm not even sure the Exchange has been upgraded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

eggman99 wrote: »
    Any idea how many left to hook up in Enniscorthy, I'm not even sure the Exchange has been upgraded
    The Enniscorthy exchange is NGB this good few years. I presume its ready for fibre to the various cabinets. The cabinet at the community workshop is after getting a new piece put on top of it. No sign of a VDSL cabinet for it yet though:(

zerks wrote: »
    Spotted my first cabinet in Enniscorthy at Shingaun.

There's one at Bloody Bridge, The Aldi Roundabout, Cluain charmin, Ross Road Roundabout, Bohreen Hill. They're the ones I know

eggman99 wrote: »
    There's one at Bloody Bridge, The Aldi Roundabout, Cluain charmin, Ross Road Roundabout, Bohreen Hill. They're the ones I know
    Another one on the Esmond road just before the entrance to Gimont. Their quest for power left a shockingly deep narrow trench in the road, terrible to drive over:mad: The one on the Bohreen Hill has the ducting for the power in place and the trench nicely tarmacadam'd over... I really can't see the point in eFibre'ing the Bohreen hill area, The average age of the householders in that area is about 70:D:D

jca wrote: »
    Another one on the Esmond road just before the entrance to Gimont. Their quest for power left a shockingly deep narrow trench in the road, terrible to drive over:mad: The one on the Bohreen Hill has the ducting for the power in place and the trench nicely tarmacadam'd over... I really can't see the point in eFibre'ing the Bohreen hill area, The average age of the householders in that area is about 70:D:D

I reckon those 70 year olds are the ones downloading those CDs and the likes. :D

Eircom take forever. The map says May/June, but when you check you number it says July/December. I want 70MB or close. I want 4 bar. I do not want to be 3 bar billy anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Maybe by the time Eircom complete the job the average age will be 30 if you catch mydrift.

murphaph wrote: »
    Maybe by the time Eircom complete the job the average age will be 30 if you catch mydrift.

Lol. I like it. A bit like going around the clock eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Lol. I like it. A bit like going around the clock eh?

Don't say they're doing something around the clock or ComReg will step in and put a stop to it!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, mapped three new cabs for Blanchardstown Exchange, two around Luttrellstown and one at Ashfield. They've also started work to install a plinth in Coolmine so will keep an eye on that.

Have also noticed that some of the cabs on Blanchardstown (which we have mapped) are starting to get their little yellow stickers - just not the one beside my house yet. :(
    I'll get the numbers and add them to the map along with some pics of all the ones I've mapped to date when I get a chance.

The cab I think I'm on has been numbered 007 with a black marker. Maybe its for James Bond!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added Dennehy's Cross - Summerstown Lawn last week but never gave myself the credit. :D

shamrock_lawn.jpg

Found Quaker Road - Friar St./Tower St. - QKR1 019A today while getting lost after picking up a takeaway.

friar_st_tower_st.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Morf wrote: »
    Cabinet being installed at the Green Rd/Grandby Row and Hanover Rd/Blackbog Road double roundabout in Carlow Town.

I think there is a cabinet on the O'Brien Rd/Tullow Rd roundabout at the corner of Mt Leinster Pk but it's behind a mound of earth and under trees and I've not been on that side of the road to check for sure.

I can confirm there is a VDSL cab at the second location here.

I tried to do some infill on the West Dublin Bald Spot, but there was nothing to be seen on my run around Walkinstown and Crumlin.

New cabinets mapped in Rathgar and Kimmage, though.

By the way guys, when I spoke to my mate the other day (who was getting the fibre installed) he told the engineers about our lovely mapping project. The engineers said: "yeah! Thank god for that. We wouldn't be able to find the cabinets but for that."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

red_bairn wrote: »
    By the way guys, when I spoke to my mate the other day (who was getting the fibre installed) he told the engineers about our lovely mapping project. The engineers said: "yeah! Thank god for that. We wouldn't be able to find the cabinets but for that."

:D

haha, that hilarious, how do they not know where the cabs are??

I seen KN and some other cable laying company putting down some ducting on the Howth Road in Kilester and down towards Clontarf over the last week, so the cabs souldn't be too far away from being installed.

Major works on an installed cabinet right in the centre of Dundalk today, my closest one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Major works on an installed cabinet right in the centre of Dundalk today, my closest one. :)
    Works in Castletown/Toberona also, eFibre service to this area to be available July/August :D

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Works in Castletown/Toberona also, eFibre service to this area to be available July/August :D

Great! Don't suppose you've spotted any cabinets in the North Dundalk area? As in Clanbrassil St/Chapel St/Marys Road Nth & Sth/Bridge St? The one at the Adelphi is the only one in the area i've seen.

Advertisement