Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I spotted 5 today in Thurles, went to map them but Max has them mapped already grrr :) good work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Spotted a cab on the Kilkenny Rd in Carlow, just opposite Carlow IT Arinaga student apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Great! Don't suppose you've spotted any cabinets in the North Dundalk area? As in Clanbrassil St/Chapel St/Marys Road Nth & Sth/Bridge St? The one at the Adelphi is the only one in the area i've seen.
    Haven't, sorry, I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

Here's Goreyhill finished now GRY Gorey all stickered up & quiet again now ...roll on the fibre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi, Just an update for Tullamore.

I spoke to a KN guy near where i work, he was blowing fibre back to the exchange.

He said Tullamore is almost complete just a few more lines to finish. No cabinets are installed yet though.

Vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I spotted a new cabinet at Bells Cross near the golf course in Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Zardoz wrote: »
    I spotted a new cabinet at Bells Cross near the golf course in Mallow

Hopefully you mapped it :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bealtine wrote: »
    Hopefully you mapped it :)

Thanks
    I mapped it last night ,it might take a few days to show up though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Mapped one in Balrothery yesterday. Cab finished today. Balrothery is a 3 cab village. Thanks SB :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Praetorian wrote: »
    Mapped one in Balrothery yesterday. Cab finished today. Balrothery is a 3 cab village. Thanks SB :)

A village nice, whats the population as im curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Nolars wrote: »
    A village nice, whats the population as im curious?

Some Google work found this number: 1,866

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

prioryc wrote: »
    Here's Goreyhill finished now GRY Gorey all stickered up & quiet again now ...roll on the fibre

There is no power connected yet, this same in cabinet beside park.
    I heard somewhere that Gorey will be live around 19 of July.
    Do you know what is it on the top of old cabinet?

domeld wrote: »
    There is no power connected yet, this same in cabinet beside park.
    I heard somewhere that Gorey will be live around 19 of July.
    Do you know what is it on the top of old cabinet?

Hmm, I'm wondering will Greystones be the same. Greystones was started before Gorey and is all powered up. They even replaced an old 1970s cabinet for a new ADSL cab beside a VDSL cab down the town. They must be getting rid of all the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

red_bairn wrote: »
    Some Google work found this number: 1,866

Google is overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just added another at the corner of Market Square/Weafer St. in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Spotted five new ones today in Dundalk, three added, one already added.

-On corner of Mullaharlin Road/Dublin Road opposite DKIT.
    -Outside Boylesports, Clanbrassil Street.
    -On corner of Langfield entrance on Dublin Road.
    -At entrance to Avenue Road Bay Estate entrance.
    -Large KN/Eircom works on junction of Barrack Street/Bypass, will confirm before adding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Don't think anyone around here is from Bayside, but i seen the 4 cabs (2 at the entrance to sutton park and the 2 at the shops) in there have yellow stickers on the new cabs, seen an eircom van parked beside the one across from the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hairyeggs

Lackabane Village on western side of Killarney. KLN1 015A - added to map.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

i see blackrock co. louth has been moved from go live in 2014 to oct - dec 2013 and dundalk has been moved forward to jul - sep. The eircom map zoning where dundalk and blackrock borders cross is way out so im happy everywhere will have efibre this year as im on the border between the 2. Voodoomelon mentioned that a cab has been installed on mulaharlin road so that means "blackrock" on the eircom rollout map is already underway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Can somebody delete this cabinet from the map as it was never installed? I don't know why it was added to the map in the first place. There's only a planning permission notice on the old cab, but the work was never done when the rest of the area was around Easter.

http://i.imgur.com/6dV7ISc.png?1

Mgit wrote: »
    i see blackrock co. louth has been moved from go live in 2014 to oct - dec 2013 and dundalk has been moved forward to jul - sep. The eircom map zoning where dundalk and blackrock borders cross is way out so im happy everywhere will have efibre this year as im on the border between the 2. Voodoomelon mentioned that a cab has been installed on mulaharlin road so that means "blackrock" on the eircom rollout map is already underway.

Yup, spotted that on the roll out map last night, good news for Blackrockians. Haven't see any work on any cabinets though in the rock itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adubintipp

New cabinet added in Clonmel - there was an open-backed truck full of equipment delivering it this morning, so i expect there are a few more popping up around the town as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

RE: Dundalk,

new cab installed in place of a burnt out old one near KFC (across from Dunnes Stores). cut off our 3 DSL line when it was burnt out.

there's also a new cab in cluan enda in Dundalk (was there about a month but they were working on it again today along with a couple on the avenue road)

that cabinet beside kfc is just a voice one, maybe they will install a vdsl one alongside. I heard that argos and other places in retail park had to close for a few days as all phone and internet lines were down when it was burnt out

Mgit wrote: »
    that cabinet beside kfc is just a voice one, maybe they will install a vdsl one alongside. I heard that argos and other places in retail park had to close for a few days as all phone and internet lines were down when it was burnt out

It's true, but the main problem was not being able to use credit card machines in the area which caused huge problems for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Any idea what caused the fire? How would you go about lighting one?? They're marketed as pretty much vandal proof.

Back OT, added QKR1_026A on High Street, Cork.

high_street.jpg

and QKR1_002A on Victoria Road.

victoria_road.jpg

no idea, there was a wooden temporary fence behind it so maybe it started from that or maybe there was no cabinet there before and the damage was underground. I just heard about the fire from the girl at the checkout in dunnes across the road.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Any idea what caused the fire? How would you go about lighting one?? They're marketed as pretty much vandal proof.

Which? The VDSL or copper cabinets?

• Advertisement

it was just a voice copper cabinet

Advertisement