Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Oh misread the post! The VDSL are high security though aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

i think / hope so, i reckon cars crashing into them is more of a risk given some of the cabinet locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Found another one today just outside Pompeii restaurant on the quay in Carlow town. Will add to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Mgit wrote: »
    i think / hope so, i reckon cars crashing into them is more of a risk given some of the cabinet locations.
    What's that you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Does anyone know if the Bettystown cabinet can have Fibre? On the map it says it's a Telephone Exchange. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Edit: Nvm, I'm 4km away from it. No chance of proper fibre for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Wing126 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Bettystown cabinet can have Fibre? On the map it says it's a Telephone Exchange. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Edit: Nvm, I'm 4km away from it. No chance of proper fibre for me!

Plenty of cabinets planned for Bettystown they just haven't been mapped yet, fancy taking a spin around to look for them? PM me if so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

bealtine wrote: »
    Plenty of cabinets planned for Bettystown they just haven't been mapped yet, fancy taking a spin around to look for them? PM me if so

I won't be able to unfortunately! I'll be busy with work! I'll keep an eye out myself though and will post in the thread if I notice any new ones on my way to/from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Looks like KN Networks are doing work around New Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

trompele wrote: »
    Looks like KN Networks are doing work around New Ross.

Keep us updated and let us know when they begin cabinizing the place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

new cabinet added today. mapped. norbury woods ave. tullamore.
    https://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=200976005490800150654.0004d6a674e6be3826dcb&mid=1372426075

hope i mapped it right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

ESB connected power to few cabinets in Gorey.
    Hopefully we will be live in next 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I've been keeping an eye on my local cabs in Glanmire the last few weeks - it seems that all the work is done in relation to fibre, cabs, esb etc for at least a month, all that's left now is for them to get the yellow sticker to signify they are active and ready to be used (as is my current understanding). This exchange is due to go live from July to September, according to the Eircom website, so let's hope we can place an order before the end of July!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Spotted a new cabinet in Midleton today - in Maple Woods estate in Ballinacurra.

Most cabinets in Midleton now have yellow stickers so hopefully it won't be too long now before we are live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

SRD1_035 spotted in Swords Manor, Dublin. On the phone, so I can't edit the map easily or properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

theres a new one thats currently been put into place here (concrete in place for cab) 53.721879, -6.349504 (Grove Court Drogheda)and the original voice cab is on other side of road @ 53.722336, -6.349847 (Beechgrove Terrace Drogheda)

ill get pics tomorrow

sm7n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw one last night in cork just off south ring near cork builders providers will try to get photo soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The main street in Mallow is seeing a lot of fibre being put down. Outside the Permanent TSB last Wednesday and outside the BOI this morning. Interestingly, most of the cabinets already went in a month or two back. Progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Tonio wrote: »
    Spotted a new cabinet in Midleton today - in Maple Woods estate in Ballinacurra.

Most cabinets in Midleton now have yellow stickers so hopefully it won't be too long now before we are live!

Still no new cabinets in Broomfield though, I'd expect one at each end of Broomfield village near the old cabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

deRanged wrote: »
    Still no new cabinets in Broomfield though, I'd expect one at each end of Broomfield village near the old cabs.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe they need planning permission to come through or the ESB to do something first. There are a few more around the town like that too - one over by the apartments beside McDonalds, one opposite Tesco and another at the entrance to Tir Cluain. Don't know why none of those haven't been progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

KN started pulling fibre today in Ballinasloe.

260661.JPG

Started heading to my closest cab first.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

kaizersoze wrote: »

Ballinasloe! They certainly are doing the rural areas! :D

red_bairn wrote: »
    Ballinasloe! They certainly are doing the rural areas! :D

:P:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

ofcork wrote: »
    Saw one last night in cork just off south ring near cork builders providers will try to get photo soon.

Please do! That popped up about two weeks back and I've been trying to get a pic every time I pass by! Awkward place to stop.

For the nerds, like myself,:P this is what they're pulling in.....

260749.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Looks like a vdsl cabinet being installed beside my cabinet at the community workshop in Enniscorthy. Happy days!!

just added a cabinet to map on corner of barrack street and quay street in dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Have been meaning to add that one all week. ;)

I seen your post about it before alright, i drive past it each day going to work so was watching for a cabinet to appear amongst the rubble. I cant help myself looking around everywhere for cabinets as i drive around but havent spotted any new ones recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I mapped the new cabinet at the Workshop in Enniscorthy but it hasn't shown up yet. The plinth and ducting are all in place just a matter of placing the cabinet on it. Em... Made a hash of the mapping but have it done now. No cabinet yet but everything is ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

kaizersoze wrote: »

260661.JPG

good to see,,if ya get a chance could you ask them where the planned cabs would be estate wise

Advertisement