Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

bealtine wrote: »
    Here is the map of cabinets, some deployed some not:

<snip>

It'd be nice to cross check this against the crowdsourced map as lots of cabs are way off...

It'll take me a while to do Carlow Town but it's useful alright.

Morf wrote: »
    It'll take me a while to do Carlow Town but it's useful alright.

I did Carlow Town today. Adding 16 new VDSL cabs.

Quick edit: The Beech Road cabinet doesn't seem to exist. Same with Browneshill Wood. These are both half built estates, or look that way anyway.

There probably is a Shamrock Square cabinet but I couldn't find it.

The other Carlow cabinets are a) out a very busy road I wasn't happy cycling out or b) quite far out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

has anyone else happened to see an eircom spreadsheet knocking around the internet with a list of all cabinets to be deployed and their gps coordinates. I stumbled across a link to it in a tech article. It has gps coodinates but they dont see to translate to real co-ordinates in the format google uses. It lists a cabinet within a km of my house thats planned and im very keen to figure out the proposed location to help find out what speed i will get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Mgit wrote: »
    has anyone else happened to see an eircom spreadsheet knocking around the internet with a list of all cabinets to be deployed and their gps coordinates. I stumbled across a link to it in a tech article. It has gps coodinates but they dont see to translate to real co-ordinates in the format google uses. It lists a cabinet within a km of my house thats planned and im very keen to figure out the proposed location to help find out what speed i will get

Here's the spreadsheet visualized : <snip>

Beware cabinets are all over the place...

Here is the map of cabinets, some deployed some not:

<snip>

It'd be nice to cross check this against the crowdsourced map as lots of cabs are way off...

I just realised this map is getting its data from the spreadsheet i was talking about. I think some coordinates must be incorrect because in dundalk the speadsheet decribes a cabinet DDK1_005 at Bothar na Feirne, Blackrock, Dundalk (KFC Roundabout) and this map shows the DDK1_016 finnabair cabinet as been 300m away from it at the next roundabout to kfc beside dunne stores rather than been in kfc. If this is correct it means that about 200+ houses on the blackrock road including me will be left without efibre because it will be more than 1km from the cab. There is a voice cabinet already beside dunnes so i wouldnt put it past eircom put 2 cabs next to each other and leave half of the ida industrial estate and a bunch of houses on the blackrock road without efibre. Whats more frustrating is that we're all on 2mb broadband because were connected to dundalk exchange 5km away and badly in need of a speed increase.

• Advertisement

Here's the spreadsheet visualized : <snip>
    Beware cabinets are all over the place...

thanks only seen your post after i saved mine..

I used the map in Carlow Town and it was generally very accurate apart from 2 that plain didn't exist.

added 2 new cabinets in dundalk. One in muirhevna dublin road and another in glenwood dublin road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

This is the cabinet outside the Community Workshop in Enniscorthy.

Added another 2 cabinets in dundalk, cluain enda on st alphonsus road and one behind medabawn on avenue road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Yea the old ones its not VDSL tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

This is what you're looking for.

dife.jpg

Yes it's a cabinet but that's a "line terminating" cabinet...aka an old fashioned one and not the one you are "looking" for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

What do these "north coordinates" and "east coordinates" mean? Can I enter these into a map for the location of a cabinet? If so, how?

mku1wm.png

What do these "north coordinates" and "east coordinates" mean? Can I enter these into a map for the location of a cabinet? If so, how?

mku1wm.png

They are Irish grid references, they need to be translated to latitude longitude pairs for mapping purposes, someone had them all mapped but the links were snipped...

I suppose it was too embarrassing for eircom to expose how awful their mapping procedures were...

They are Irish grid references, they need to be translated to latitude longitude pairs for mapping purposes, someone had them all mapped but the links were snipped...

I suppose it was too embarrassing for eircom to expose how awful their mapping procedures were...

When I used the map in Carlow they were in the main very accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Any idea on how to translate these, lads?

Any idea on how to translate these, lads?

sure : http://www.fieldenmaps.info/cconv/cconv_ie.html

it's about 80% accurate there's a huge cluster up in northern Ireland, some out in the sea both east and west and others just way off...

If only we could visualize it...we'd spot the errors in a few minutes

• Advertisement

it's about 80% accurate there's a huge cluster up in northern Ireland, some out in the sea both east and west and others just way off...

If only we could visualize it...we'd spot the errors in a few minutes

I'm not disputing that there are inaccurate ones. Just sharing my experience of using the map, finding them on google street view and then checking them for VDSL cabs in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

new vdsl cab in glounthaune accross from the church carpark. The old dsl cab is accross the road from it though, I would have thought that they would have to be close to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

KN at work in Ballinasloe.
    262761.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Ok so i had an Eircom Engineer in my house today for a different matter and i was talking to her about eFibre.

First off she uses the maps here!

I mentioned the boards thread and she was like oh yeah i use that all the time! haha

Anyways she told me my cabinet number which according to Google Maps is 1KM away.

The cabinet which i taught i was on is only 300m away from me following direct roads.

Do you think there would be any way possible for them to change my cabinet? Or is that wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Ok so i had an Eircom Engineer in my house today for a different matter and i was talking to her about eFibre.

First off she uses the maps here!

I mentioned the boards thread and she was like oh yeah i use that all the time! haha

Anyways she told me my cabinet number which according to Google Maps is 1KM away.

The cabinet which i taught i was on is only 300m away from me following direct roads.

Do you think there would be any way possible for them to change my cabinet? Or is that wishful thinking.

Dirty dog ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danny Boy

Nolars wrote: »
    Dirty dog ;)

wishful thinking I'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Has there been any activity in the Lucan area?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Nolars wrote: »
    Dirty dog ;)

Hahahha! Unfortunately it wasn't like that lol

Does anyone know if the Lines follow the Roads?

I live in quite and old estate and i have no idea where the line could go to get to the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

kaizersoze wrote: »
    KN at work in Ballinasloe.
    262761.jpg

Got a reply from T.D who queried the launch date of fibre services for Ballinasloe

Apparently the area will go live late October/Early November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Looks like both cabinets are complete in the mall in Castlebar just no power as of yet(i think)

Advertisement