Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Mgit wrote: »
    added 2 new cabinets in dundalk. One in muirhevna dublin road and another in glenwood dublin road.

snapped a pic of muirhevna cabinet, if anyone wants to add that location to google maps. Thank you for heads up, this one is well within 500m from me for max speeds, awesome!

eircom_muirhevna.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

raymix wrote: »
    snapped a pic of muirhevna cabinet, if anyone wants to add that location to google maps. Thank you for heads up, this one is well within 500m from me for max speeds, awesome!

eircom_muirhevna.jpg

where is this cabinet pic from? Is it muirhevna mor or muirhevna on the dublin road? I dont recognise the shop front as been in muirhevna on the dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

where is this cabinet pic from? Is it muirhevna mor or muirhevna on the dublin road? I dont recognise the shop front as been in muirhevna on the dublin road.

No idea why I thought that's Muirhevna. Sorry, it's Clanbrassil street, near AIB. I've added a location to OP's link, but not sure how to add picture.
    edit: doesn't appear on the map after refresh, probably requires confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Got a reply from T.D who queried the launch date of fibre services for Ballinasloe

Apparently the area will go live late October/Early November

A little birdy told me it'll be a bit sooner than that.;)

That little birdy could be a big fat liar though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 calden

Are all existing cabinets getting new ones placed beside them?

This would be the nearest one to me https://maps.google.com/?source=friendlink&q=53.973042,-6.363265(Marine+View) in Blackrock in Dundalk

And I'd like to see a nice shiny new cabinet added right beside it in the next few months, what are my chances?

• Advertisement

calden wrote: »

This would be the nearest one to me https://maps.google.com/?source=friendlink&q=53.973042,-6.363265(Marine+View)

And I'd like to see a nice shiny new cabinet added right beside it in the next few months, what are my chances?

Theres a cabinet going close to you on birches lane next to the existing voice one, the next road after marine drive. None going on marine drive if the spreadsheet is correct and doubt they would put 2 so close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Theres a cabinet going close to you on birches lane next to the existing voice one, the next road after marine drive. None going on marine drive if the spreadsheet is correct and doubt they would put 2 so close together.

I was told by the engineers at the 2000th installation that they'd be installing one beside each copper cabinet around Greystones. Perhaps that is their long-term aim. But the spreadsheet could be the first 5200?

This would be the nearest one to me https://maps.google.com/?source=friendlink&q=53.973042,-6.363265(Marine+View) in Blackrock in Dundalk

Actaully ignore my previous comment about birchs lane. I double checked and i was mixed up with coords. Tried entering again and it shows the cabinet is going right next to the one you posted so looks like your in luck if ur close to that. Oct to Dec deployment for blackrock going on eircom.ie, was supposed to be 2014 but got brought forward. .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

No idea why I thought that's Muirhevna. Sorry, it's Clanbrassil street, near AIB. I've added a location to OP's link, but not sure how to add picture.
    Goes to the end of the document if you're not careful! Try the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Upto now, have exchanges only gone live when all cabinets are up and going, or would they roll it out as soon as cabinets come available ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

syboit wrote: »
    Upto now, have exchanges only gone live when all cabinets are up and going, or would they roll it out as soon as cabinets come available ?

I think they have set dates when a new batch of exchanges are going live, but in the first phase that went live not all cabinets were commissioned (which is a joke tbh). So don't be surprised to have a cabinet near you not enabled when your exchange goes live. People on the Eircom (Talk to) section and Eircom's Community forums are like "wtf! why can't I get efibre!? The area says live!" :rolleyes:

in some cases they seem to put isolated cabinets live before. For example Sligo HPO had a few cabinets live at the start of last month and the eircom website says go live july -sep 13

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭IrelandOffline_

For an area to be declared live only 40% of the cabinets need to be active...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The Clanbrassil St. cabinet is already on the map, I added it a few weeks back.

The Clanbrassil St. cabinet is already on the map, I added it a few weeks back.

Voodoomelon did you see where kn are working over the last week in dundalk? Im hoping they get up to the jjb / blackrock area soon to find out if i'll have any cabinets beside me

I seen an Eircom van working on the cabinet beside Avenue stores on the avenue road last week or the week before. Haven't seen any cabinets being worked on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

yes there's one due there...please map it when it arrives. Thanks

bealtine wrote: »
    yes there's one due there...please map it when it arrives. Thanks

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Voodoomelon did you see where kn are working over the last week in dundalk? Im hoping they get up to the jjb / blackrock area soon to find out if i'll have any cabinets beside me

KN guys were working on a cabinet in Patrick St last Saturday. I asked one of them when Dundalk was going live and he said around the end of August.

The cabinet is just round the corner from Market Fresh in Patrick St, opposite the laundry. I don't know if it's on the map.

Yup it's on the map. Patrick St. is actually probably closest to me, its a toss up between it and Clanbrassil St. Hope the line doesn't run arseways. :/

Haven't seen any work between Dundalk/Blackrock apart from the Dublin road outwards. Will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

How long does it take to build a cabinet?

Really depends on how much effort is put into one particular location. I've seen fibre run to a cabinet location, cabinet inserted, and then configured, powered and finished inside a week.

Others take much longer depending on the co-ordination of tasks involved, laying fibre, getting technicians to work on the cabinet, getting the ESB to power it up etc. I've seen some locations with hoarding around it for months. Presumably that means it's not finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added DYX1_018A in Riverview Estate, Glasheen, Cork (DYX).

riverview_estate.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

There was loads of Carlow ones on that map and now they're all gone :/ So I added 2 I definitely knew of.
    Edit: It was just me derping out tryna use Google Maps, how do I remove the 2 cabs I added?
    Double Edit: Ah lads I'm gonna leave this to the people that know what they're doing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

There was loads of Carlow ones on that map and now they're all gone :/ So I added 2 I definitely knew of.
    Edit: It was just me derping out tryna use Google Maps, how do I remove the 2 cabs I added?
    Double Edit: Ah lads I'm gonna leave this to the people that know what they're doing :rolleyes:

Which ones were you trying to add? I've done all of them on the list to be upgraded in Carlow within the town. Unless they are Tinryland, Bennekerry or the one on the Wexford Rd retail park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Morf wrote: »
    Which ones were you trying to add? I've done all of them on the list to be upgraded in Carlow within the town. Unless they are Tinryland, Bennekerry or the one on the Wexford Rd retail park.
    The way the Map is it only shows the markers for the cabs on the page you're on. So when I was on 1 I thought there'd be the whole entire lot of the cabs but it only showed the first page. Carlow is page 8 I think. The ones I tried to add were there when I went to page it.
    That probably makes no sense whatsoever but heck it's 3am lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

The way the Map is it only shows the markers for the cabs on the page you're on. So when I was on 1 I thought there'd be the whole entire lot of the cabs but it only showed the first page. Carlow is page 8 I think. The ones I tried to add were there when I went to page it.
    That probably makes no sense whatsoever but heck it's 3am lol :pac:

Not really but if it's in Carlow town I've done it unless the VDSL cab has appeared within the last week/week and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Really depends on how much effort is put into one particular location. I've seen fibre run to a cabinet location, cabinet inserted, and then configured, powered and finished inside a week.

Others take much longer depending on the co-ordination of tasks involved, laying fibre, getting technicians to work on the cabinet, getting the ESB to power it up etc. I've seen some locations with hoarding around it for months. Presumably that means it's not finished.

Well, they have the fiber down. They've been laying fiber since March in my area. I've only seen two cabinets so far. I was actually wondering how long it takes to build the cabinet itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Well, they have the fiber down. They've been laying fiber since March in my area. I've only seen two cabinets so far. I was actually wondering how long it takes to build the cabinet itself?

Cabinets don't get built as such they are delivered....

There are however civils to be done, running in power, building the plinth, terminating the fibre and the local phone lines and other bits and pieces. These can take anything from a week to a few months.

Also planning permission/wayleave is required depending on the area that takes time too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Some activity in Carrigtwohill this morning. Manhole covers open and fenced off in 3 or 4 places on the Carrigane Road. Looks like the ducting and/or fibre is being put in this week. No sign of any VDSL cabinets yet.

Advertisement