Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Was just about to post the same for carrigtwohill, yellow fibre ducting. Looked like they were pulling it from just outside the exchange towards Cul Ard etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMCC1

Does anyone know if there is a plan to bring eFibre to Kilternan Dublin 18 (Sandyford Exchange). If so when?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

AMCC1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a plan to bring eFibre to Kilternan Dublin 18 (Sandyford Exchange). If so when?

Yes. Some 'should' be live now.
    The Sandyford exchange was part of the FTTH (Fibre to the Home) Pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Hi Lads ,
    I posted up the position of a new cabinet down here in Cobh (rushbrooke links ) on the map back in april i think . My problem is i called vodafone and eircom and asked about the release date of e fibre down here . Was told by both that there was no plans for my area even thought , i show up on the maps for been fibre enabled . The cab is 100m from my house and it does serve my estate , the reason i know this is ,the lad who installed the cab used to work with me back in the day .
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi Lads ,
    I posted up the position of a new cabinet down here in Cobh (rushbrooke links ) on the map back in april i think . My problem is i called vodafone and eircom and asked about the release date of e fibre down here . Was told by both that there was no plans for my area even thought , i show up on the maps for been fibre enabled . The cab is 100m from my house and it does serve my estate , the reason i know this is ,the lad who installed the cab used to work with me back in the day .
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

Rushbrook cab (RBK1_001) seems to be a different setup to others.
    It appears to be served from the Cobh exchange, but seems to be an exchange itself. It's on the roll out list as 'tbc'.
    The rest of Cobh is listed for June 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Just returned home from OFI, decided to snap few more photos of cabinets along the road that i've noticed. Still not sure how to add them to google maps, but if anyone is bored enough, could you do that for me please? Cheers
    These are cabinets from Dundalk

Muirhevna
    1muirhevna.jpg

Dundalk Marketsquare near xtravision and ulsterbank
    2marketsquare.jpg

McSweeney road (I suppose). It's the cabinet on Longwalk road behind fence of the Icehouse hill park
    3McSweeney.jpg

Have a nice day, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi Lads ,
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

Hey neighbour! The new fibre cabinet (COV1_006A) behind the retail centre is live (I checked with the nearby Chinese phone number), so presumably any houses connected to it are now enabled. That area (including old cabinet) was the last to be developed in the estate - I'd hazard a guess that only houses in the Hermitage (and maybe Riverside) are connected to that cab. I would imagine that the rest of the estate (which is most of it) are connected to the older non-fibre cabinet in Oak Drive (RBK1_001, as noted by kaisersoze), which has NOT been upgraded with a shiny new fibre cabinet next door. Guess which one I seem to be connected to :mad:. I actually posted about the situation a couple of months ago. So unfortunately it seems that about one third of the estate can get fibre, and the rest can't - which is a ridiculous situation IMO. As kaisersoze says, there doesn't appear to be any plan to upgrade the old cab. And worse, it's only a 7Mb cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

raymix wrote: »
    Just returned home from OFI, decided to snap few more photos of cabinets along the road that i've noticed. Still not sure how to add them to google maps, but if anyone is bored enough, could you do that for me please? Cheers
    These are cabinets from Dundalk

Hard to add cabinets if we don't know their lat/long :)

Instructions are all in the first post in this thread it's really easy.

And thanks too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

bealtine wrote: »
    Hard to add cabinets if we don't know their lat/long :)

Instructions are all in the first post in this thread it's really easy.

And thanks too:)

Found it! I had to press "Rich text" to enable image icon. Cheers, managed to add icehill park photo.

Also thanks to itsmuck for adding previous photos for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

kaizersoze wrote: »
    KN at work in Ballinasloe.
    262761.jpg

Stealing ur picture.

Seen them in New Ross today doing work.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Have a look back at the first post in this thread - there is a second map that you use for edits and adding cabs, and the changes will then get transferred to the one you mentioned.

Yes the "final" table is locked down:)

The one you need is https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200976005490800150654.0004d6a674e6be3826dcb&msa=0

Add whatever you want there change the marker to rich text to add a photo and tag with the exchange convention and marker colour

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

bealtine wrote: »
    Yes the "final" table is locked down:)

The one you need is https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200976005490800150654.0004d6a674e6be3826dcb&msa=0

Add whatever you want there change the marker to rich text to add a photo and tag with the exchange convention and marker colour

No vdsl cabs around me yet but some of the local copper cabs in the first map are missing or the location off. Prob no need to add them to the second map when they haven't been upgraded.

I see sponge has added them from my own map. I'll just add the missing and update the descriptions and cab no's.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Added to main Map:- One new Cab - Dun Laoghaire, Clarinda Park West,
    One new site (Planning Permission, outline and pathworks) - Liffey St West

CPCmgJKs.jpgB15uPi1s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Hi
    I noticed that the grass was painted beside the eircom cabinet at the entrance to our estate in Santry. I presume that means eircom will be installing these new vdsl cabinets in the Santry area soon.

264459.jpg

More orange fibre/ducting going in at Carrigtwohill, Cork near an old green cabinet by Cul Ard estate, presume the new vdsl cab will be put in right next to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Eircom vans around Broomfield in Midleton today, working in the old cabinets. Still no signs of the new VDSL ones, but I remain hopeful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

BArra wrote: »
    More orange fibre/ducting going in at Carrigtwohill, Cork near an old green cabinet by Cul Ard estate, presume the new vdsl cab will be put in right next to it

Does anyone know if this means that Castle Lake (opposite side of the town) won't be Efibre enabled (as it's more than 1.5km away from the VDSL cabinet)?

Would Eircom require a second cabinet to reach the Castle Lake estate?

• Advertisement

No there should be an old green cab near you, they install the new vdsl cab usually right next to the old one. Have a look around near you for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Does anyone know if this means that Castle Lake (opposite side of the town) won't be Efibre enabled (as it's more than 1.5km away from the VDSL cabinet)?

Would Eircom require a second cabinet to reach the Castle Lake estate?

According to the spreadsheet that was posted a while back there will be a VDSL cabinet at "OPP NO 1 CHESTNUT Crescent, CHESTNUT Crescent CastleLAKE CARRIGTWOHill, Cork"

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

I don't know what the hell is going on with Eircom...
    According to their map, my area (Mahon-Cork) is going live in Jul-Sep 2013.
    I spoke to a an Eircom rep, gave her my phone number and address and she confirmed that it will only go live in 2014!!
    She said that other areas like Cobh will go live in Dec 2013 while I have friends in Cobh and they already have Fibre

I am going mad!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

MOD: tarakino, your post isn't related to mapping, can you post such items on this thread instead: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985 thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Has there been any spotted around Donabate main street?

I'm in an apartment on the main street absolutely jonsing for proper intrnet. On 24mbps ADSL at the moment, absolutely nightmare coming from 150mbps UPC Fibre. From looking at the map form the first post I can see two pink dots relatively close to my apartment

TheDoc wrote: »
    Has there been any spotted around Donabate main street?

Can't you go out and look? There are supposedly at least 11 cabinets in the Donabate area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

Have added a marker for a cabinet by the canal in Sallins. Cabinet not yet in place, but ducting for cabinet present. No cabinet reference visible. I also overwrote the instructions for the map (beginner's error, sorry!).

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Coming to rural Roscommon and my area next March apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Can someone tell me if a cabinet will be installed on Aylmer Road, Newcastle, Co Dublin? The Rathcoole exchange area is due to be upgraded this year and my family's BB is dire (4 meg tops). We have VDSL here in Berlin and would like to improve their end for video chat.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if a cabinet will be installed on Aylmer Road, Newcastle, Co Dublin? The Rathcoole exchange area is due to be upgraded this year and my family's BB is dire (4 meg tops). We have VDSL here in Berlin and would like to improve their end for video chat.

Yes. No dates though.

Advertisement