Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Yes. No dates though.
    Cheers for that. Do they give any locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

murphaph wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Do they give any locations?

I think this is the one for you.......

Newcastle Road, Rathcoole, Dublin 24(opp Aylmer Road)
    http://goo.gl/maps/Ora8E

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I think this is the one for you.......

Newcastle Road, Rathcoole, Dublin 24(opp Aylmer Road)
    http://goo.gl/maps/Ora8E
    Cheers. The mother lives about 650m down Aylmer Road from that cabinet (assuming the lines run straight down the road but I'm sure they do some zig-zagging) so I'm guessing she'll not get 70Mb (doesn't need that anyway) but it should be a massive improvement over the 4Mb she has now. Thanks for the help...there's hope yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Tonio wrote: »
    According to the spreadsheet that was posted a while back there will be a VDSL cabinet at "OPP NO 1 CHESTNUT Crescent, CHESTNUT Crescent CastleLAKE CARRIGTWOHill, Cork"

Here's what I found for Carrigtwohill.
    Unable to take a pic of the new cabinet as it's located in here:
    265751.JPG

At the Castlelake side. Doesn't look like some of the other old cabinets shown on here.
    Reckon I could be waiting a while for a new cabinet to appear.
    265750.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

attachment.php?attachmentid=265751&stc=1&d=1375722311

At the Castlelake side. Doesn't look like some of the other old cabinets shown on here.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=265750&stc=1&d=1375722311

That first pic is the exchange. I have not seen any VDSL cabs in Carrigtwohill yet but they should start appearing soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Tonio wrote: »
    That first pic is the exchange. I have not seen any VDSL cabs in Carrigtwohill yet but they should start appearing soon.
    The fibre map (http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/) says it won't launch until between Oct13 and Dec13, so a bit to go yet.
    This is a year sooner than was originally posted, so it'd be great if I had efibre before the year ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

265751.JPG

265750.JPG
    I thought the first pic was the public Jaxx...:rolleyes: Sorry its getting late, time for bed me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

just added cabinet i spotted on thomas st dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Added to main Map:-

Culchie additions - Mullingar

Mullingar - new VDSL cabinet beside Saunderson Bridge
    Mullingar - new VDSL cabinet beside main Town Park gate

NpjaI5Ys.jpgdItsa3us.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Adding a cab at Graiguecullen School, Killeshin Rd, Carlow now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I'd guess there is one inside Walshestown but that your estate shares with the one across the road. Maybe they could get power easier on the far side than on your side is all. 100m is a LOT in VDSL terms. I don't know the planning ratios and precise criteria though but in parts of Kildare and Newbridge (and even Naas) eircom will do really well as UPC are only offering rubbish MMDS TV and have not upgraded to 2 way cable.

eircom are digging up Naas all this week. They're on the Dublin Road [R445] at the junction of Ashgrove Park and Kingsfurze Avenue.

I'll see if I can get some definite confirmation over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trmartin

If a location on the map is incorrect i.e. there is no VDSL unit at that location, how can this be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

trmartin wrote: »
    If a location on the map is incorrect i.e. there is no VDSL unit at that location, how can this be changed?

Let us know where it is and the location and one of the list admins can remove it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trmartin

bealtine wrote: »
    Let us know where it is and the location and one of the list admins can remove it

The location which I think is incorrect is Glenabbey Road, Mount Merrion (Name: Priory Park - PRP). There is a relatively new cabinet there but it's not the green VDSL cabinet that is shown at the start of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Naas

Complete
    Junction of Wolfe Tone Street and Main Street North [Beside M&S/Subway] CCP050
    Subway_zpsb8015cae.jpg

Work In Progress [silver box and a cone covering a ... something] ?

Junction of Friary Road and Corbans Lane [Trax Restaurant Entrance].
    trax_zpsc84cd61f.jpg

Junction of Kingsfurze Avenue and R445 [Ashford Dental Clinic / Hyundai Dealer] CAB012
    Hyundai_zps178e4bbe.jpg

Almost sure it's in progress
    Junction of Kilcullen Road and Ballymore Road [Swans Grocery Shop / Eurospar]
    It's just to the right of the Blue road Sign, behind the white jut from the white house. Didn't get to take a photo confirmation as I saw it too late whie driving. Will have a closer look tonight.

So, shall I just add the positive complete, or shall I add the two WIP's too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

trmartin wrote: »
    The location which I think is incorrect is Glenabbey Road, Mount Merrion (Name: Priory Park - PRP). There is a relatively new cabinet there but it's not the green VDSL cabinet that is shown at the start of this thread.

Priory Park contains a number of Alcatel VDSL cabinets installed in 2007/8 . These are white or white/silver 2 door units. They are correct. Some Green Huawei 'new model' cabinets are expected in that area but not as replacements for the Alcatels.- so I'm told.

RangeR wrote: »

So, shall I just add the positive complete, or shall I add the two WIP's too?

Ranger , your second photo shows a Cabinet Plinth under the cone, mark it as a cabinet once the plinth is in.

If you took the cone off you would see a square concrete plinth with 3 holes left and one hole centre, a green/yellow earth wire and a pink/red power wire come out of 2 of the 3 holes on left...I can see the earth wire in the photo.

clohamon wrote: »
    Priory Park contains a number of Alcatel VDSL cabinets installed in 2007/8 . These are white or white/silver 2 door units.
    Has VDSL been available at that location on a trial basis since 2008? Or were they never commissioned or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Dundalk:
    snapped 2 more pics on my way to maplin, added to a map.
    ESB
    Avenue Inn

Have a nice day.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    Has VDSL been available at that location on a trial basis since 2008? Or were they never commissioned or something?

The 'fibre pilot' from 2010 to 2011 used those very cabinets. They did nothing between 2007/8 and 2010 in typical eircom style. Furthermore I am not aware whether these can be upgraded for vectoring or whether it would be cost prohibitive ...meaning they will max out at 70mbits for ever.

I can't remember if the Alcatel cabinets were installed in 2007 or 2008, probably 2008. There are around 100 of them, all in south Dublin. The good news is we mapped all of them ages ago and are only interested in the Huawei green cabinets that are being installed this year to fill service gaps. So I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

VDSL cabinet by the canal in Sallins now in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Thought this thread had gone quiet but turns out I accidentaly unfollowed it!

Added DYX1_031A in Rossbrook, QKR1_057A by the Kinsale Road Roundabout, and confirmed a few others with pictures around the place.

DYX1_017A, Bishopstown Avenue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Just took a picture of this at the top of my road, think it's new and I was told by someone a while ago who was doing work near the top of the road that he was putting in the fibre. If someone confirms to me this is what you're looking fo I'll put it on the map

k6hGhmS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Nolimits wrote: »
    Just took a picture of this at the top of my road, think it's new and I was told by someone a while ago who was doing work near the top of the road that he was putting in the fibre. If someone confirms to me this is what you're looking fo I'll put it on the map

k6hGhmS.jpg
    That's exactly what we're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

If someone confirms to me this is what you're looking fo I'll put it on the map
    yup, that's an Eircom fibre cabinet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

k6hGhmS.jpg

There should be a dsl cabinet nearby. Can you photograph that one too?

jca wrote: »
    There should be a dsl cabinet nearby. Can you photograph that one too?

There are two others nearby. They're on the streetview link I posted. I can get a better resolution (and more upto date picture for you) will do it tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

Added a marker for a VDSL cabinet spotted earlier today in Naas, on the Dublin Road between the junction with the Blessington Road and St Corban's place.

Advertisement