Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

jca wrote: »
    There should be a dsl cabinet nearby. Can you photograph that one too?
    What is a DSL cabinet? I thought the ADSL was handled at the exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

jca wrote: »
    There should be a dsl cabinet nearby. Can you photograph that one too?

I don't really know what I'm doing here, suspect it's either this

syjQNxj.jpg
    or this

Bo3jLRH.jpg

Though both of these are there as well

EZ0tGAZ.jpg

gUTCIkl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

First one is a regular distribution (or whatever) cabinet, big bundle of wires comes in from the exchange/VDSL2 cabinet and gets branched out into smaller bundles to go to individual poles and then on to houses, generally. I THINK the second one is just an older version of the same thing. Galvanised box with yellow sticker is the power supply for the VDSL2 cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

TheChizler wrote: »
    First one is a regular distribution (or whatever) cabinet, big bundle of wires comes in from the exchange/VDSL2 cabinet and gets branched out into smaller bundles to go to individual poles and then on to houses, generally. I THINK the second one is just an older version of the same thing. Galvanised box with yellow sticker is the power supply for the VDSL2 cab.
    Are any of them of interest to anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Nolimits wrote: »
    Are any of them of interest to anyone here?

It doesnt really matter. It might mean that they might stick in another VDSL cabinet at a later date or just put extension boxes on the two old copper cabinets. The second one is from the Telecom Eireann era. Perhaps a newer generation of ones that i’ve seen in my town being replaced with brand new ones like your first picture (1st copper).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

k8yPg3f.jpg

This popped up outside my estate in Loughrea (street view) just in the past week, it's about 20-30 feet away from the old cabinet. I noticed there was some work going on behind it outside one of the houses, it was eircom aswell...whatever that is for.

Happy to see one finally :D town is down for a July-September activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMCC1

The following on the map is not a eFibre cabinet:Name:
    Sandyford - SND - Enniskerry Road
    Description:
    Enniskerry Road

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

work going on in ashbourne, co.meath today. have seen at least one fibre cab definitely being installed, and work going on next to another cab, that i presume is going to end up being a fibre cab too. didn't have phone with me, so no pics i'm afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

work going on in ashbourne, co.meath today. have seen at least one fibre cab definitely being installed, and work going on next to another cab, that i presume is going to end up being a fibre cab too. didn't have phone with me, so no pics i'm afraid!

Where? There's a VDSL cab near Milbourne and there's one on the Ratoath road.

On Thursday, UPC were clearing up the back of the hose by the river in Deerpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Where? There's a VDSL cab near Milbourne and there's one on the Ratoath road.

On Thursday, UPC were clearing up the back of the hose by the river in Deerpark.

there was an eircom guy working about 6foot away from the cabinet outside deerpark, which I'm guessing were preliminary works...no cabinet in situ yet.

and there is a fibre cab right outside the door to corks wine bar, and was a guy working on that today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Is the map still being updated? I added a cab a few days ago and it was there at the time I saved it but I just checked and there's no sign of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

28c2bed.jpg

Plinth for 2 VDSL cabs behind two copper cabs (one recently added).

Oakley Park, Graiguecullen, Carlow

On the spreadsheet that was going around a while back this cab wasn't due to be upgraded at all. Is there a revised version going around?

Added to map.

Is the map still being updated? I added a cab a few days ago and it was there at the time I saved it but I just checked and there's no sign of it now.

Check the last page? There's 10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Morf wrote: »
    28c2bed.jpg

Plinth for 2 VDSL cabs behind two copper cabs (one recently added).

Oakley Park, Graiguecullen, Carlow

On the spreadsheet that was going around a while back this cab wasn't due to be upgraded at all. Is there a revised version going around?

Added to map.
    Jumped a little when I read that!
    I live in Graigue :)
    I wonder would those cabs cover The Vale too?
    I was at Aldi there a few days ago and never even noticed them :rolleyes:
    The only cabs near me are the ones at Dunnes and the GAA :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

AMCC1 wrote: »
    The following on the map is not a eFibre cabinet:Name:
    Sandyford - SND - Enniskerry Road
    Description:
    Enniskerry Road

I was talking to Magnet customer service today, and they told me that the Sandyford exchange upgrade is a matter of weeks away, if not days. Frankly, I'm not sure that they have access to any more information than we do, but I'm optimistic at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Jumped a little when I read that!
    I live in Graigue :)
    I wonder would those cabs cover The Vale too?
    I was at Aldi there a few days ago and never even noticed them :rolleyes:
    The only cabs near me are the ones at Dunnes and the GAA :/

I'm guessing they would. I'd be a long way to go to cover them from the cab at the entrance to Dunnes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Morf wrote: »
    I'm guessing they would. I'd be a long way to go to cover them from the cab at the entrance to Dunnes.
    I live in the estate right next to Dunnes but I'm unsure whether the cab outside Dunnes would cover me or not as I can't get UPC and that cab might be for all those businesses up along that way. We'll soon find out though! The one at Dunnes has a yellow tag or lable on it, haven't been able to have a look at what it is though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Ive seen KN networks doing some work in Enniscorthy on St Senans Road near Tyre Shop (Hendrics).
    Couldnt spot any new cabinets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

trompele wrote: »
    Ive seen KN networks doing some work in Enniscorthy on St Senans Road near Tyre Shop (Hendrics).
    Couldnt spot any new cabinets.

They're working on Tosses corner too. I haven't been near the community workshop to see is my cabinet powered yet. I try to avoid that horrible junction as much as I can!!,

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

Anyone know when sandyford will get efibre I know the exchange is live but I live to far from it will they upgrade the cabinets or have they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Chris369 wrote: »
    Anyone know when sandyford will get efibre I know the exchange is live but I live to far from it will they upgrade the cabinets or have they?

Ye should have ftth ?!

Ye should have ftth ?!

Wats ftth lol

Wats ftth lol

No I don't have ftth just regular broadband all of sanyford doesn't have fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

No I don't have ftth just regular broadband all of sanyford doesn't have fibre
    typical eircom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

Added a marker for a VDSL cabinet already in place by St Corban's Place in Naas not already marked on the map;

Added a marker for a plinth in Sallins ready to take a cabinet spotted at the entrance to Sallins Hire, near Domino's on the Naas side of the railway bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Added a marker from Milltown but its not showing(followed the instructions).

Is this still being maintained now that he's banned?

ED E wrote: »

Check the last page?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

ED E wrote: »

Hi, I had similar confusion. When you press EDIT, down below you will see multiple pages ~10, check them until your area shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

raymix wrote: »
    Hi, I had similar confusion. When you press EDIT, down below you will see multiple pages ~10, check them until your area shows.

Ah, there she is. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Spotted KN networks laying fibre cable in the Bandon area in Cork. If anyone spots any cabinets then please update the map.

Advertisement