Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

Eircom are working on cabinets in sandyford today

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trmartin

Have added a cabinet on Wilson Road in Mount Merrion, near the junction with North Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Alsalmo

Noticed a new cabinet outside Gaelscoil Cill Dara, Limerick Road, Naas. It is beside an existing cabinet.
    Footpath was dug up and orange cable laid earlier in the week.
    There is no sticker on it as yet, nor have I seen Eircom working on it, so presume it is just a shell at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Added a new cabinet at the entrance to the Manor Farm Estate in Lehenaghbeg Cork. Just installed yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Add two cabinets to the map which are located on Ballybeg Drive in Waterford City. One at the entrance to Priory Lawn and the other about 200 metres up the road at entrance to Clonard Park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Mapped cabinet on Ferguson Road near Home Farm Road. There could be another one up on Valentia Road but the works were covered by tarpaulin. Also KN Networks were busy today blowing fibre on Santry Avenue maybe 500 meters or so from the exchange/Aldi towards Ballymun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Add two cabinets to the map which are located on Ballybeg Drive in Waterford City. One at the entrance to Priory Lawn and the other about 200 metres up the road at entrance to Clonard Park.

Clocked the distance between cabs today and its 500 metres not the 200 i had guessed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Morf wrote: »
    28c2bed.jpg

Plinth for 2 VDSL cabs behind two copper cabs (one recently added).

Oakley Park, Graiguecullen, Carlow

On the spreadsheet that was going around a while back this cab wasn't due to be upgraded at all. Is there a revised version going around?

Added to map.

This now has 2 VDSL cabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added WRD1_008A on Leitrim St./Pope's Road in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thebigfreak

Any one know the location of the Bandon telephone exchange and also road side cabinets?

• Advertisement

Any one know the location of the Bandon telephone exchange and also road side cabinets?
    Here. Nobody's updated added any cabinets in Bandon yet, have you seen any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Anyone any idea when Kildare Town will get e fibre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when Kildare Town will get e fibre?

Wrong thread for those kind of questions and information like that can be easily found on Eircom's website.

Wrong thread for those kind of questions and information like that can be easily found on Eircom's website.

No need to be a bell end dick a simple answer would have done.Anyone else please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

No need to be a bell end dick a simple answer would have done.Anyone else please?

I'm not sure what part of "wrong thread" you don't understand, but anyone with half a brain can understand that this is a mapping thread used for locating cabinets. Furthermore, they would've clicked on the link I provided and found the answer you're searching for, but apparently all that was too challenging for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

dear dear...hissy fit

This is the mapping thread and NOT for questions like that. Go pick the right thread

bealtine wrote: »
    dear dear...hissy fit

This is the mapping thread and NOT for questions like that. Go pick the right thread

:)No hissy fit guys just can't view the eircom map on iPhone and no access to a laptop.You guys were holding an interesting conversation and whilst reading I just threw in a quick question that I'm sure you guys could answer in the flutter of an eyelid?No harm intended and maybe a bit lazy on my part but hey the big game is on and multitasking is difficult:)

:)No hissy fit guys just can't view the eircom map on iPhone and no access to a laptop.You guys were holding an interesting conversation and whilst reading I just threw in a quick question that I'm sure you guys could answer in the flutter of an eyelid?No harm intended and maybe a bit lazy on my part but hey the big game is on and multitasking is difficult:)

No known dates yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Gorey, at the DunnStores roundabout in front of Revolve bike shop there is new cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eircom linesmen are about D1 removing old copper trunks to leave space for new fibre to go in. Saw them outside the custom house last week and on Cathedral Street tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ESB and KN working on Sanford road, probably putting new cabs in(On behalf of eircom side at the start of the cordon).

trompele wrote: »
    Gorey, at the DunnStores roundabout in front of Revolve bike shop there is new cabinet.

Can you add that cabinet to the map please?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

How guys, fantastic job on the mapping effort so far, big thanks to you all.

However there are a few areas that have had cabinets installed but haven't been mapped yet, so we would like to put a call out to folks to cover and map these areas if they can.

Instructions on how to add to the map can be found here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83997736&postcount=1

We need mappers in the following towns.

Ardee
    Buncrana
    Carrigtwohill
    Cork Central
    Edenderry
    Fermoy
    Foxrock
    Kells
    Kildare Town
    Listowel
    Lucan
    New Ross
    Newcastle West
    Newlands Cross
    Malahide
    Nutley (thats around UCD for the bewildered)

Again thanks to all for your help and great community spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMCC1

Please remove the following from your map as it is not a fibre cabinet:

Name: Sandyford - SND - Enniskerry Road
    Description:
    Enniskerry Road

AMCC1 wrote: »
    Please remove the following from your map as it is not a fibre cabinet:

Name: Sandyford - SND - Enniskerry Road
    Description:
    Enniskerry Road
    The map is totally open to the public for editing!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

bk wrote: »

However there are a few areas that have had cabinets installed but haven't been mapped yet, so we would like to put a call out to folks to cover and map these areas if they can.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83997736&postcount=1

Ardee
    Buncrana
    Carrigtwohill
    Cork Central
    Edenderry
    Fermoy
    Foxrock
    Kells
    Kildare Town
    Listowel
    Lucan
    New Ross
    Newcastle West
    Newlands Cross
    Malahide

No cabinets yet in Carrigtwohill. Won't be long though I'd say. The ducting was put in a few weeks back. I'll keep a eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

bk wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83997736&postcount=1

Ardee
    Buncrana
    Carrigtwohill
    Cork Central
    Edenderry
    Fermoy
    Foxrock
    Kells
    Kildare Town
    Listowel
    Lucan
    New Ross
    Newcastle West
    Newlands Cross
    Malahide

I thought some-one mentioned a while back that Cork central might have a lot of cabs underground, as you dont see that many dsl cabs even ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

syboit wrote: »
    I thought some-one mentioned a while back that Cork central might have a lot of cabs underground, as you dont see that many dsl cabs even ?

May be yes, I was wondering why there are no cabs in the Blackrock and Mahon areas in Cork.

Can this be confirmed??

tarakino wrote: »
    May be yes, I was wondering why there are no cabs in the Blackrock and Mahon areas in Cork.

Can this be confirmed??
    There are 4 copper cabs in the city centre in locations they're due to install vdsl.

I've added a few in Ballintemple/Blackrock, I'm not sure we have many mappers over that direction though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The VDSL cabinet at the community workshop in enniscorthy has been connect to the public lighting.

Advertisement