Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Major cable pulling on Thorncastle Street, Ringsend by Eircom today. I'll have a look/see a the cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

bk wrote: »
    How guys, fantastic job on the mapping effort so far, big thanks to you all.

However there are a few areas that have had cabinets installed but haven't been mapped yet, so we would like to put a call out to folks to cover and map these areas if they can.

Instructions on how to add to the map can be found here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83997736&postcount=1

We need mappers in the following towns.

Ardee
    Buncrana
    Carrigtwohill
    Cork Central
    Edenderry
    Fermoy
    Foxrock
    Kells
    Kildare Town
    Listowel
    Lucan
    New Ross
    Newcastle West
    Newlands Cross
    Malahide
    Nutley (thats around UCD for the bewildered)

Again thanks to all for your help and great community spirit.

Is there any system to map which of the mapped cabs have been commissioned? I don't see an option to edit existing points (maybe a different colour for non-commissioned cabs?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

seanp_25 wrote: »
    Is there any system to map which of the mapped cabs have been commissioned? I don't see an option to edit existing points (maybe a different colour for non-commissioned cabs?)

You could just write it so in the description box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Add it in the description? That's what some people have done up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

TheChizler wrote: »
    Add it in the description? That's what some people have done up to now.

Where's the option to edit descriptions?

I've found the one I want to edit in the Rows and Cards tabs, but there's no edit button that works (some say "Enabled for editors" on mouseover)

• Advertisement

Where's the option to edit descriptions?

I've found the one I want to edit in the Rows and Cards tabs, but there's no edit button that works (some say "Enabled for editors" on mouseover)

You're in the Fusion Table, which is read-only. If you follow the link at the start of this thread you should be able to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Added a cab that just appeared in Tir Cluain in Midleton. By my reckoning 13 of the 17 cabinets are now mapped. No sign of the remaining 4 yet.

Still no sign of go-live for eFibre in Midleton despite cabinets having been commissioned in July. The ready for order date was 24 July according to the spreadsheet. The map still says Jul-Sep 2013.

Frustrating having to wait. Damn that spreadsheet - wish I'd never seen it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

New VDSL cab in Jacob's Island, Mahon, Cork...No yellow stickers on it yet

tarakino wrote: »
    New VDSL cab in Jacob's Island, Mahon, Cork...No yellow stickers on it yet
    Can you add it to the map? Or link to its location on streetview?

Already added mate

• Advertisement

tarakino wrote: »
    Already added mate
    Cool thanks, found it, it was just grouped in the Douglas exchange. Is it just in the entrance to the gated section of Jacobs island so?

TheChizler wrote: »
    Cool thanks, found it, it was just grouped in the Douglas exchange. Is it just in the entrance to the gated section of Jacobs island so?

Yes, it's just beside the gate but not the apartments gate, the duplexes one.
    It's funny, you could barely see it because it's hidden by some trees...
    But at least it's finally there...

The duplexes and houses would have a good speed as they are very close to this cab but not the apartments as they are a bit far...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JMcG92

Hey guys, I'm currently in Kingsbry in Maynooth and was just wondering if anyone knows when/if they plan to roll it out here? (October-November is what I've heard).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

JMcG92 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm currently in Kingsbry in Maynooth and was just wondering if anyone knows when/if they plan to roll it out here? (October-November is what I've heard).

this is the mapping thread, questions like that are best addressed elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

JMcG92 wrote: »

Hey there!

Try asking in one of these forums:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985&page=372
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056100232

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

KN seem to be installing a cab at the side of Centra at Potato Market, Carlow Town.

Edit: Confirmed 2 VDSL cabs.

I seem to have mislaid the spreadsheet of Eircom cabinets/VDSL upgrades switching PCs. If someone could PM it to me that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Morf wrote: »
    I seem to have mislaid the spreadsheet of Eircom cabinets/VDSL upgrades switching PCs. If someone could PM it to me that'd be great.

edit: removed the link (read below), PM me if anyone else still wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

raymix wrote: »

That can't be posted on the forum. The mods have removed it at the request of Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

Could someone please pm me that spreadsheet too,,many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

kaizersoze wrote: »
    That can't be posted on the forum. The mods have removed it at the request of Eircom.

why don't the mods reinstate it at the request of users?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Could someone please pm me that spreadsheet too,,many thanks

I would also appreciate a pm with the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Added a VDSL cab at the corner of Dr Cullen Rd. and Oak Park Road Carlow Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

smemon wrote: »
    why don't the mods reinstate it at the request of users?

you'll have to ask eircom that question...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

I need the Eircom Spreadsheet if anyone out there has it. I'd like to know if fibre for me is in anyone's plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

would appreciate a PM of the file too please if anyone has a copy....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMCC1

Please PM me the spreadsheet too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

Would also appreciate a copy of this spreadsheet, please and thank you. :)

Im after the spreadsheet too if someone would be so kind as to PM it to me.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Another cabinet installed during the week in Midleton - at Market Green opposite Tesco. Added it to the map.

I make it 14 out of 17 now installed and mapped. Only 2 in Broomfield and 1 down by McDonalds to go.

Advertisement