Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Please PM me the spreadsheet too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

naughto wrote: »
    Please PM me the spreadsheet too please.
    I'd like a copy of the spreadsheet too please.

Anyone in the Fatima/Toberona area of Dundalk know when eFibre will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I'd like a copy of the spreadsheet too please.

Can I get a copy too. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Can I get a copy too please, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

PM me an email address if anybody wants the spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Anyone in the Fatima/Toberona area of Dundalk know when eFibre will be available?

If you are within July-Sept, then nobody really knows exact date, but a meteor shop guy confirmed it will be at the end of the month, so 2-3 weeks tops.

raymix wrote: »
    If you are within July-Sept, then nobody really knows exact date, but a meteor shop guy confirmed it will be at the end of the month, so 2-3 weeks tops.
    I was talking to Eircom earlier and they say early 2014 :confused:

Anyone any idea when Efibre will hit Wellington Bridge/Bannow area?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle_Tommy

I saw people lowering cables into a manhole outside one of the old DSL cabinets in Bandon today. Could this have been Eircom laying fibre? I haven't seen any VDSL cabinets around there yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

TheTorment wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when Efibre will hit Wellington Bridge/Bannow area?

In wexford? I don't think its even scheduled for any of the current phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

I saw people lowering cables into a manhole outside one of the old DSL cabinets in Bandon today. Could this have been Eircom laying fibre? I haven't seen any VDSL cabinets around there yet though.

KN Networks have been laying fibre in Bandon for the last couple of weeks. Oct-Dec is the official timeline for VDSL rollout there.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

kaizersoze wrote: »
    PM me an email address if anybody wants the spreadsheet.

has it been updated since it was "published" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

As per the Eircom person I was talking to earlier in the week, anyone on July-Sept will go live on the 25th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Retail Mngr

Hi
    I'm located in Swords.
    Midway between SRD1_006 & SRD1_007 - knocksedan Bridge and Tuberburr.
    I know its chancing my arm and a bit of a stretch but am hoping I will be connected.
    However every time I talk to Eircom they tell me my "cabinet is not enabled"
    Can anyone tell me if these two cabinets are enabled?
    1901 cant tell what cabinet I'm connected to yet the website tells me eFibre is ready for my address?
    Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

As per the Eircom person I was talking to earlier in the week, anyone on July-Sept will go live on the 25th of September.

Not doubting you but it seems if you talk to 10 different Eircom customer care staff/Vodafone/Eircom engineers/KN engineers you get 10 different dates or answers as to which areas will be covered etc..

I don't think anyone will be really sure until it's connected and they have near the expected speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

gordonnet wrote: »

no

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

gordonnet wrote: »

no, it's 2 months old. People just like general idea, it has lots of good info on it.

raymix wrote: »
    no, it's 2 months old. People just like general idea, it has lots of good info on it.

There are cabinets on it not down to be upgraded/get VDSL cabinets that have VDSL cabs now. There has been a revision somewhere I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

saw 3 ESB trucks and 3 KN networks guys hooking up the cabinet outside the house to d auld electric yesterday. didnt realise it was so complicated as we had no electric allday. how long after the electric is live do Eircom make the cabinets go live anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

saw 3 ESB trucks and 3 KN networks guys hooking up the cabinet outside the house to d auld electric yesterday. didnt realise it was so complicated as we had no electric allday. how long after the electric is live do Eircom make the cabinets go live anyone know?

The cabinet I'm on got powered about 3 weeks ago,not commissioned yet and the going live date keeps getting pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

The lads are busy installing a new cabinet just around the corner from my house in skerries. About a hundred metres away, happy days...

I've been extending my journey to and from work most days in order to see if there was any movement, finally there is. Excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

where are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

red_bairn wrote: »
    where are you living?

tullamore. it says collins lane exchange is nearest exchange and tullamore is july -sept 13 on their rollout schedule. eircom lads there today playing with the green cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hippy1955

im in roscommon ,about 14 cabs all around town some efibre but the one near me still seems to be the older one,its at back of abbey hotel ,just wonder if this one will be upgraded any time in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added WRD1_010A on Camden Quay in Cork.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Morf wrote: »
    There are cabinets on it not down to be upgraded/get VDSL cabinets that have VDSL cabs now. There has been a revision somewhere I imagine.

so there is a chance that they could install cabinets in places that were not listed in the spreadsheet? The nearest cabinet of any description is 1.5km away, do Eircom install VDSL cabinets where there are currently no cabinets of any kind or does there have to be an already existing cabinet in place?

Gonzo wrote: »
    so there is a chance that they could install cabinets in places that were not listed in the spreadsheet? The nearest cabinet of any description is 1.5km away, do Eircom install VDSL cabinets where there are currently no cabinets of any kind or does there have to be an already existing cabinet in place?

I know of one for sure that wasn't on the spreadsheet that now is. I have no idea if it is a case by case thing or all cabs within exchanges getting VDSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Added another 2 cabinets to Loughrea, not commissioned yet but they seem to have power connected.

Hope it's not going to be too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cool at this gives us some of us who are too far away from a cabinet hope that Eircom can always install a cabinet near an esb pole and power the area even tho it was not planned on original spreadsheet, I live in hope!

Advertisement