Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

raymix wrote: »
    Those are not VDSL cabinets, there are pics of all cabinets in first page.

Damn, thanks raymix. I thought that was the case. Strange that they installed a non VDSL cab. Ah well. Will kiss goodbye to the glimmer of hope of decent broadband speeds for another while so!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Damn, thanks raymix. I thought that was the case. Strange that they installed a non VDSL cab. Ah well. Will kiss goodbye to the glimmer of hope of decent broadband speeds for another while so!
    Not sure what the cab in your pic is, but it's not unusual for them to install a copper cab in preparation for vdsl.

Added QKR1_021A on Monahan Road in Cork.

monahan_road.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Great, Pelletstown exchange in Dublin has gone from July-Sep 13 (never realistic) to no date at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Added another to Loughrea, they're popping up all over the place in the past few weeks but still looking at a 2014 live date :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

Can someone post a link to the cabinet spreadsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Chris369 wrote: »
    Can someone post a link to the cabinet spreadsheet

no...
    It'll be removed instantly...somebody might PM it to you though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

bealtine wrote: »
    no...
    It'll be removed instantly...somebody might PM it to you though:)

Ok thanks , someone please pm me a spreadsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 10 marko61

Could someone PM it to me too please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

First vdsl cab done in Ballinasloe. How the hoors got it done unknown to me I'll never know.:D Appears to be done about a week.
    Power connected but no sticker. I'll map it later.

Only 16 more to go (or 15 depending who you're talking to).
    273146.jpg

Mapped........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Chris369 wrote: »
    Ok thanks , someone please pm me a spreadsheet

Can someone PM it to me too please:)

Does anyone know if the new boxes have any type of anti graffiti finish on them? It doesn't stop graffiti but makes it easier to remove. There's nothing worse looking than service boxes in towns scribbled with graffiti. The various companies responsible for the boxes don't seem to have a yearly spruce up plan and it's usually left to the hard working Tidy Towns people who don't get compensated for their work.

Joe Public wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new boxes have any type of anti graffiti finish on them? It doesn't stop graffiti but makes it easier to remove. There's nothing worse looking than service boxes in towns scribbled with graffiti. The various companies responsible for the boxes don't seem to have a yearly spruce up plan and it's usually left to the hard working Tidy Towns people who don't get compensated for their work.
    Have a look through the pictures in the cards tab of the main map. If there is a coating it doesn't seem to be working!

TheChizler wrote: »
    Have a look through the pictures in the cards tab of the main map. If there is a coating it doesn't seem to be working!

Yes, I see some of the new ones have already been scribbled on with spray paint but the real test is to see how easy/hard it is to get it off. Can it be removed quickly with a fairly inexpensive solvent without affecting the original colour or will it take something a bit stronger which will also effect the original colour and coating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Joe Public wrote: »
    Yes, I see some of the new ones have already been scribbled on with spray paint but the real test is to see how easy/hard it is to get it off. Can it be removed quickly with a fairly inexpensive solvent without affecting the original colour or will it take something a bit stronger which will also effect the original colour and coating?

I have seen one painted over in Greystones. But they could been a near by resident who could have done it.

I have since got confirmation the new boxes have an anti graffiti covering so removing spray paints should be a lot easier. I've sent in another query as to what solvents are recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dredg

Can I annoy someone for the spreadsheet? (Sorry for adding noise)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Have I seen one of these cabinets at the top of Bewley Street in New Ross?

Isn't Ross due to go fibre optic in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Down speeds in Malahide dropped from 8mb to 1mb today.

Maybe close to their "July to Sept" estimate for eFibre or is that being optimistic?

mathie wrote: »
    Down speeds in Malahide dropped from 8mb to 1mb today.

Maybe close to their "July to Sept" estimate for eFibre or is that being optimistic?

Please keep these kind of questions/observations in a normal thread please, this thread is specifically for mapping only...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

New cabinet added beside existing one opposite Medical Centre at Esker Park / Lucan Heights this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I checked the Eircom website, although my landline says Fibre is available the map has gone from saying July to September to October..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,028 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I checked the Eircom website, although my landline says Fibre is available the map has gone from saying July to September to October..

That might be a good thing. Dundalk was showing July Sept with information from phone calls to Eircom that some cabinets were scheduled to go live on Sept 25 which they duly did. A few days before that July Sept was replaced with Oct on the map. I applied on 25 Sept and I am being upgraded 2 Oct. Ring 1800 303644 and they will let you know. I don't know if you can get them on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

KN seen blowing fibre on the R120 between Rathcoole and Newcastle today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 matildajane

how do you know if Eircom will be installing more cabs in an area? The nearest cab to me is over 2km away so at best I'll probably get no more than 5 - 8mb if I'm lucky. I'm between Swords and Ashbourne but in a rural area.

how do you know if Eircom will be installing more cabs in an area? The nearest cab to me is over 2km away so at best I'll probably get no more than 5 - 8mb if I'm lucky. I'm between Swords and Ashbourne but in a rural area.

You don't if it's not on the published plan that's all anybody (even eircom) will know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

sorry lads for asking(but i cant find it after searching) if the eircom cabinet has a yellow ID sticker on it now, does that mean it is going live soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

sorry lads for asking(but i cant find it after searching) if the eircom cabinet has a yellow ID sticker on it now, does that mean it is going live soon?

No, it's just a serial number of a cabinet. I think first 2 letters represents a town, and 4 digits - the # of the cab in that area, not entirely sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I presume you mean the new vdsl cabs?
    It's a good indication but not always true. The yellow sticker is usually put on by the commissioning engineer when they commission the cab. Doesn't mean it's live or likely to be live soon, just commissioned.
    There are some live cabs without stickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

yes the new vdsl cabs. mine has been powered up and the sticker put on it by the engineer but the date for efibre has moved from july/sept2013 to just 2014.

Advertisement