Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I see that a new cab has been installed in my area, sighted August 2013. Any ideas when I should expect fibre?

Edit: never mind checked the Eircom site.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Tweaky wrote: »
    Just seen on the Eircom Map that Carrigtwohill has been moved to a December go live. It was originally up as October - December.

Carrigtwohill has now been changed to a January - March 2014 Go Live - the waiting will have to continue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Mine is Jan - March '14 also but the area right across the road has theirs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Tweaky wrote: »
    Carrigtwohill has now been changed to a January - March 2014 Go Live - the waiting will have to continue :(
    simon360 wrote: »
    Mine is Jan - March '14 also but the area right across the road has theirs :(

Guys, can you keep this kind of chat to other threads . This thread is for information about the crowdsource mapping process. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Spotted a recently new VSDL cab about 1.5 Km outside waterford city. Doesn't seem to be many houses around that area either thought it was weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Alsalmo

A technician from KCN(?) was doing some work near mapped cabinet on Newbridge (Limerick) Road, Naas today.

Told me that fibre is due to go "live" in town in about a fortnight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

The fibre rollout has started in Newcastle West, Co Limerick over the last two weeks. The contractors have been laying fibre cable around the town and to some of the bigger housing estates.

As of yesterday a cabinet is being built just outside Meadow Court/Beechwood Gardens. The base, power, and cable ducts are done, just waiting for the cab to be put on top.

I added that one to the map yesterday, I will add the rest as construction starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

TLM1003 added

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cormyy

spotted one in Blessington , Wicklow in mid September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Cormyy wrote: »

If you can find out the address type it up here or even better add it to the Crowdsource Map yourself! Thanks.

(Make sure to follow the mapping instructions).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

The laurels part in Dundalk gets activated 14th November. Order asap and see if you can request to be on top of the list for installation once it's available.
    As a SMARTBB customer, I ended up with Digiweb fibre, they said they don't throttle after 350GB cap and they can reset it upon request as a good gesture. Vodafone is a bit cheaper, but they will require another 25 days if you are coming from SMART from activation date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

I've marked a couple of duplicate cabinets in Sallins and Naas. What's the correct way to remove the duplicates from the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Siberius wrote: »
    I've marked a couple of duplicate cabinets in Sallins and Naas. What's the correct way to remove the duplicates from the map?

Click on the marker and in the popup window you should see an option to delete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Cormyy wrote: »
    Mapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anyone here on the Castletown Exchange in Dundalk have a date for eFibre? I have an ordered placed for it and was told I'd be getting it on the 23rd of this month, Vodafone are now telling me sometime in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Anyone here on the Castletown Exchange in Dundalk have a date for eFibre? I have an ordered placed for it and was told I'd be getting it on the 23rd of this month, Vodafone are now telling me sometime in November?

Two things...
    The Castletown exchange is to be dropped and all the cabinets "rehomed" to Dundalk.

Afaik the cabinets should be released to the industry this month so it's really up to the providers to decide when to release them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

bealtine wrote: »
    Afaik the cabinets should be released to the industry this month so it's really up to the providers to decide when to release them

I'm not sure what that means. Could you enlighten me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'm not sure what that means. Could you enlighten me?

He means the cabinets are declared "live" by eircom therefore the telecoms companies can start selling fibre to the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do we know the sort of coverage span the exchanges provides?

I'm in Donabate village, and I can see three exchanges on this threads map, that look to be relatively closeby, yet Eircom have no plans to activate my small sector of Donabate in the next 2 years : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There are 5 cabinites with 1km of my place in Cork. According to the rollout map they are active (Churchfield Cork), yet my area is not active yet. Its a newish estate which doesn't have UPC broadband either. Mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Just to add my latest experience:

I've mapped most of the VSDL cabinets in Carrick on Shannon back in May-June this year for this very forum thread. Have upgraded to efibre in August, happy days. However due to specific circumstances I had to move the house, logically expecting to get efibre at the new address in the town. Practically next to the main street/near the town center.

Guess what: I'm in a blind spot for efibre. Funny enough, local county council, library, fire station, some shops, pubs and most of all enough residents living in the area I've just moved into cannot get the efibre. Although I can see the nearest VSDL cab within less than 200metres distance from my apartment window.

I'm on the up to 24mb package with 1 year contract again. Eircom helpline agents kept telling me lies, the town will be completed by December 2013 (their online coverage map says it's finished!).
    The engineer/technician was the best information source to ask. He definitely confirmed (off the record) I'm simply out of luck, no efibre for me, allegedly due to businesses non-interest (money thing, you know).

If I don't get efibre within 1 year from now (more than likely not), a move to another, i.e. cheaper provider is the next logical step for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Most towns centrs are not fed from cabinets. Their lines are connected directly to the exchange. Unfortunately Eircom cannot at present supply fibre on these lines. There is talk of those lines taken off the exchange and installing new cabs but nothing definite announced.

Doesn't make sense really given the number of town centre lines around the country and businesses looking for faster connections.
    versager wrote: »
    Just to add my latest experience:

I've mapped most of the VSDL cabinets in Carrick on Shannon back in May-June this year for this very forum thread. Have upgraded to efibre in August, happy days. However due to specific circumstances I had to move the house, logically expecting to get efibre at the new address in the town. Practically next to the main street/near the town center.

Guess what: I'm in a blind spot for efibre. Funny enough, local county council, library, fire station, some shops, pubs and most of all enough residents living in the area I've just moved into cannot get the efibre. Although I can see the nearest VSDL cab within less than 200metres distance from my apartment window.

I'm on the up to 24mb package with 1 year contract again. Eircom helpline agents kept telling me lies, the town will be completed by December 2013 (their online coverage map says it's finished!).
    The engineer/technician was the best information source to ask. He definitely confirmed (off the record) I'm simply out of luck, no efibre for me, allegedly due to businesses non-interest (money thing, you know).

If I don't get efibre within 1 year from now (more than likely not), a move to another, i.e. cheaper provider is the next logical step for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Anyone have any idea if there is gonna be a cabinet installed in Newcastle, Dublin? I'm way to far away from the Rathcoole and Celbridge exchanges, and my house is 4.5km from the exchange, so I was told I was lucky I have internet in the first place? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Just passed KN ripping the mouldy old cover off an old cabinet in Cork City centre, just at the town end of the Mardyke Walk. First activity I've seen in the City Centre, so hopefully not too long! I'll hold off mapping until the Huawei cab appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Drimnagh/crumlin area has been changed from november, to jan-march 2014

what a joke, every other area around it has efibre installed or is getting it in november
    very strange.....

New cab landed in in Ballinasloe this morning at the Livestock Mart - BSE1-010.
    Looks like they have a couple more to do somewhere else.
    Working on Saturday even....
    276620.jpg

I'll map it later when I get a pic of the cab.

276679.png.

BSE1-010 added

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

BAR1_006 added.
    Fibre was laid last week, cabinet installed yesterday.
    No works (fibre laying or cab installs) though at any of the other 3 locations nearby that are supposed to be getting cabs.
    I'll keep an eye on them though.

otm2i9.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Does each town require multiple cabinets? In New Ross I've seen at least half a dozen of them around the town and outskirts over the past month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

It would if you want to cover the whole town area.
    Each cab only supports 190 connections and they can only offer you the Vdsl service if you are connected to one, and your telephone line length to the cab is less than 1Km.

So to fully cover even a small village you'd need a few cabs.

Advertisement