Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've added a few more for Donegal Town; I've yet to find a few others, hopefully I'll get them tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Found an odd situation in the Rathmines exchange area: cabinets 001 and 002 face each other across Temple Road by Milltown Luas stop. Both are on the list for VDSL but only 001 has a VDSL cabinet. 002 doesn't even have a planning notice, that I could see. Is it still likely that it will be getting a cabinet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BeerNut wrote: »
    Found an odd situation in the Rathmines exchange area: cabinets 001 and 002 face each other across Temple Road by Milltown Luas stop. Both are on the list for VDSL but only 001 has a VDSL cabinet. 002 doesn't evening have a planning notice, that I could see. Is it still likely that it will be getting a cabinet?

Both are on the list for upgrade all right but both have a small number of lines on each. 78 & 128 respectively. They may have decided to service both cabs from one fibre cab and just linked across the road to the other.

Don't know how things work with DCC but down here no planning notices are put on individual cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

gimmick wrote: »
    There are 5 cabinites with 1km of my place in Cork. According to the rollout map they are active (Churchfield Cork), yet my area is not active yet. Its a newish estate which doesn't have UPC broadband either. Mess.

Same here. Churchfield exchange, very close to city center, no UPC, no fibre. Stuck on "up to 24MB" which syncs at 8MB on my line and gives download speeds of ~6-7MB.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Don't know how things work with DCC but down here no planning notices are put on individual cabinets.
    Individual notices are the norm, and I've mapped any I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mucksavage1985

New VDSL cabinet put at entrance into Ballymorris Court estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

First cabinet to get the yellow sticker in Loughrea.

ml3ZoEg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Added another one for Glanmire - Glanmire - GMR - L3010. Also, Glanmire is live according to Eircom. Ordered it today, waiting to hear back if it's really live.

Added....
    BSE1_004
    278177.jpg

BSE1_012
    278178.jpg

BSE1_001
    278179.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

Each cab only supports 190 connections and they can only offer you the Vdsl service if you are connected to one, and your telephone line length to the cab is less than 1Km.

The reach has recently been extended to 2km from the cabinet.

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Products/Access/Documents/NGA-Wholesale-Technical-Handbook-v2a/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

new cab just spotted/added near johnstown park for the little island exchange.

another new one added for little island, cork. I think this one was mapped wrong in the "eircom sheet" that went around a while back, but could be LED001 (no sticker yet on it). I think the one near johnstown park is LED011 and by the church LED002.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

anyone know if that sheet that was going around early last summer has been updated to include new cabs in areas already listed on that sheet? e.g. the sheet had 12 cabs listed for Dunshaughlin, Im wondering has that been updated to include extra cabs now that the fibre rollout for this areas is delayed by almost 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Brother lives ~50m from me.. his is enabled and I'm not. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ints

I have 3 cabinets listen in 500 - 650m around my house but no fibre yet in my house :) ... asked eircom several times but they have no clue when I will get one :)...

some interesting thing here, my father in law just ordered efibre from voodafone and they said that max speed he can get is 30Mb even I see that closest cabinet is 500m away from him... why is that? ... voodafone starts with capping speeds or cabinets is just not good enough lol ...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Ints wrote: »
    some interesting thing here, my father in law just ordered efibre from voodafone and they said that max speed he can get is 30Mb even I see that closest cabinet is 500m away from him... why is that? ... voodafone starts with capping speeds or cabinets is just not good enough lol ...

It's about length of wires, not walking distance to cabinet. There might be another few hundreds of meters of cable before it reaches your home or whatever else possible factor that is degrading a signal.

I see your point here, but anyhow that's walking distance by the road, but they may run cables straight true estate which makes distance shorter... Or when they say that they are giving you individual cable from cabinet they lie and u will share your cable within other houses? ....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 julesdarcy

Ints wrote: »
    I see your point here, but anyhow that's walking distance by the road, but they may run cables straight true estate which makes distance shorter... Or when they say that they are giving you individual cable from cabinet they lie and u will share your cable within other houses? ....

Ya it's all a conspiracy. Believe nothing.

This chat is suited to the other thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985&page=413

This one is for mapping only.

• Advertisement

I see someone has given the editing map a new name. I was getting a bit sick of the old one anyway. Also, did we know that the main map has a cabinet called "Coolock - CLK - Donnycarney" out in the middle of the Irish Sea?

new vdsl cab in ballytrasna park little island, LED008 added.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Added new cabinet as per first message, located beside existing large cabinet on footpath about 20 Mtrs off Frederick St leading to Tudor Grove & Huntsgrove, lot of new ducting work done as part of this, from new cabinet going out of town towards Slane, took a shortcut across the green space beside cabinet.

No label fitted to box yet to identify it

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Few new ones in Carlow Town.

Will have a scout about the town one day soon-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

Three cabinets added:
    Sallins - by the bus shelter at the railway station in Waterways
    Naas - by the Sallins Road Roundabout on the Monread Road
    Mitchelstown - at the Fir Grove Roundabout on the Limerick Road

Two more added in Ballinasloe

Pollboy (BSE1-008).........
    279857.jpg

Hillcrest (BSE1-005).......
    279858.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

Just added 2 in Bandon, cork. One at the entrance to the Supervalu Shopping centre and the second on Parnell Street by the entance to Ardan estate. I know of 3 other existing cabinet locations and will check them out in the next couple of days.

Fibre seen being installed in the main street this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Now if OSM will sort out their recent Tag standard excursion into telecoms we will have a database ready for a single ingest into OSM at any time. :)

The comment that needs to be made here is that OSM is you. Tagging norms are established by mappers with a use case working out a scheme that would work and just using it (subject to any appropriate community-level discussions with others known to be solving the same problem).

Or in short, JFDI. The worst thing that could happen is that some other group will establish (or already have established invisibly to you) a better tagging scheme, in which case you'll need to migrate your work later.

It's great to see so much buzz around OSM, by the way. It's a real vindication of what everybody (here and worldwide) has been doing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi guys, Monasterevin is listed as Q4 2014 for efibre,when should we start seeing cabinets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Alsalmo

I mapped a cabinet on Limerick (Newbridge) Road, Naas a while ago and it did not have a yellow sticker at the time. Today I noticed it had been added.

The existing cabinet is named NAS-I-OO4. In a flight of imagination, the e-fiber cabinet has been numbered NAS-1-004A. I hope some consultant was not paid a fortune to decide on this naming convention.

I shall check some others around the town to see if they have had their sticker applied.

Advertisement