Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Oh, ok, well, I'm just passing on what the guy said. There us a lot of Eircom activity in the area now though, so, I'd say it mightn't be too long away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

davydoc wrote: »
    Oh, ok, well, I'm just passing on what the guy said. There us a lot of Eircom activity in the area now though, so, I'd say it mightn't be too long away....
    I hope so. Where I am there was a lot of activity until the magic 40% was reached,and now?? Nada, zip....:confused: One box still remains un-powered the rest still awaiting commissioning(no yellow stickers) Why they can't finish one area and then move on to another is beyond me:mad:

A small move in Enniscorthy, the cabinet at the vocational school is finally powered up. I think that's the last one to be powered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Cab at Wexford Road Business Park.

Near Seamus Byrne Electrical. Can see a regular copper cab though.

Mapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Morf wrote: »
    Cab at Wexford Road Business Park.

Near Seamus Byrne Electrical. Can see a regular copper cab though.

Mapped.
    Would this be the nearest copper cab?
    Would Seamus Byrne Electrical have been built on the greenfield site over the fence?

http://goo.gl/maps/JoirV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭bohspunks

Talked to an eircom guy who was at the new cabinet on john street /north street junction. told me fibre wont be live in new ross until january at earliest.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Would this be the nearest copper cab?
    Would Seamus Byrne Electrical have been built on the greenfield site over the fence?

http://goo.gl/maps/JoirV

I don't think so. That would be Chaplestown Gate and that is due a VDSL cab of its own I think. I can't remember from the list of cabs. It would be at least 300m possibly more between them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

New CAB mapped in Carrigtwohill Cork - Fota Rock Estate 30 Yards from main entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Tweaky wrote: »
    New CAB mapped in Carrigtwohill Cork - Fota Rock Estate 30 Yards from main entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Spotted a new one in Rathnew which doesn't appear in the live map yet, but in trying to work out how to map it have found someone has beaten me too it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

BigMoose wrote: »
    Spotted a new one in Rathnew which doesn't appear in the live map yet, but in trying to work out how to map it have found someone has beaten me too it. :)

That was me :) although that was the second time I updated the map with that cab as somebody deleted the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yasa.pl

Just mapped new VDSL cabinet at Maudlin Vale entrance in Trim, Co. Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Added 3 Cabs in Tullamore,

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

How accurate is the rollout map in terms of timeline? For my area it's saying May 14 but I see a good few areas close by have now got availability and I'd swear that they were meant to get it a few months down the line.

rioner wrote: »
    How accurate is the rollout map in terms of timeline? For my area it's saying May 14 but I see a good few areas close by have now got availability and I'd swear that they were meant to get it a few months down the line.

sigh this question gets asked all the time, like once a week.

First this isn't the thread to ask it in and second for an area to be declared "live" 40% of the cabs have to be active

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Added 3 new cabinets in Sligo

Duck street - beside feehilys funeral home
    Ballinode - Entrance to copper river
    The Mall - Outside old wing of hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭royan

Who here is transferring cabs from the read-write map onto the fusiontables one?
    I thought the intent was they would be removed from the read-write map once transferred (mappers of course diligently checking the read-only one first, ahem) - as it is, there's a lot of clutter on the collaboration map, cabs for the same exchange are fragmented across pages (despite the instructions) and it's hard to check for duplicates.
    Was that approach abandoned, is it too much painful work to keep that map pared down to just a sorted list of exchanges, plus new cabs?

royan wrote: »
    Who here is transferring cabs from the read-write map onto the fusiontables one?
    I thought the intent was they would be removed from the read-write map once transferred (mappers of course diligently checking the read-only one first, ahem) - as it is, there's a lot of clutter on the collaboration map, cabs for the same exchange are fragmented across pages (despite the instructions) and it's hard to check for duplicates.
    Was that approach abandoned, is it too much painful work to keep that map pared down to just a sorted list of exchanges, plus new cabs?

Yeah needs looking at...

Not a cabinet - yet - but a couple of weeks ago KN were at work on "the ducting" up the R117 from the N11 to Enniskerry. Keeping on the lookout for a handsome plinth...

Lot of work being done with Eircom engineers/vans working on cabs in Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Spotted a new cabinet in Lucan Village beside the Italian Ambassador's Residence. There were two older type cabinets at the same location, the new one has replaced one of them.

Spoke to some KN chaps up in Enniskerry today, stood there with a big reel of orange cable (is that the actual fibre, or some ducting for it?) and they pointed out where the cabinet's going to be. They referred to it as "a booster" though - am I getting the dumbed-down-for-the-public explanation of the VDSL cabinet equipment, or is that likely really to be some kind of fibre optic amplifier (and I should look somewhere else for the real cabinet)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

royan wrote: »
    Spoke to some KN chaps up in Enniskerry today, stood there with a big reel of orange cable (is that the actual fibre, or some ducting for it?) and they pointed out where the cabinet's going to be. They referred to it as "a booster" though - am I getting the dumbed-down-for-the-public explanation of the VDSL cabinet equipment, or is that likely really to be some kind of fibre optic amplifier (and I should look somewhere else for the real cabinet)?

Sub-duct. The fibre is blown into that.

It's the VDSL cab they're referring to. It'll be going beside or close to the existing copper cab.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    beside or close to the existing copper cab.
    It'll be in good company: http://goo.gl/maps/9LJDz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Two eircom vans and some techs out at the cab on Milltown Rd yesterday. Sitting there with a big loom out across his feet. Dont know what that means in terms of the cab going live.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Spotted an installed cab in Maynooth, from a car in the wind and rain so I haven't got the ID details yet. Didn't think they'd even started here yet.

MYOB wrote: »
    Spotted an installed cab in Maynooth, from a car in the wind and rain so I haven't got the ID details yet. Didn't think they'd even started here yet.

What? you mean you didn't get out and get all the details. A little bit of rain shouldn't stop dedicated cab hunters:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bealtine wrote: »
    What? you mean you didn't get out and get all the details. A little bit of rain shouldn't stop dedicated cab hunters:-)

If it stops raining/wind later I intend to do a full prowl of the town for more (what an interesting use of a Saturday night!)

MYOB wrote: »
    If it stops raining/wind later I intend to do a full prowl of the town for more (what an interesting use of a Saturday night!)

If it keeps on raining levees going to break...

There's always some other day...I'm guessing you knew that was a joke?

Anyway thanks for the info

• Advertisement

bealtine wrote: »
    If it keeps on raining levees going to break...

There's always some other day...I'm guessing you knew that was a joke?

Anyway thanks for the info

Humour can be tricky on this site..

Advertisement