Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭tipperary

Me too for spreadsheet please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yep, that seems to have been the case. There's a VDSL cab across the road from the copper cab. It's missing the yellow activation sticker though.

Another VDSL cab has popped up just outside the Inse bay estate. It has the yellow activation sticker. How long after that appears do they usually become available for use?

Don't put too much into the yellow stickers. I'm on fibre for the last three weeks and there's no sticker on my cabinet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cables being installed today in Monasterevin but i havent seen a cab yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cables were installed a number of months ago in Tramore. Two cabinets appeared in recent weeks. Date of launch is February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

They seem to be ahead of schedule neway, hopefully they will start the new locations soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭royan

Wiring cab in Enniskerry sprouted a hat/forehead a week or so ago: 53.19347, -6.16996

attachment.php?attachmentid=286624

In the map, there are two "exchanges" listed in Enniskerry, with codes: Enniskerry EKY and Enniskerry Kilgarron EKK - how do these relate to actual exchanges or fibre infrastructure? EKY is marked at the location I spotted KN preparing for a cab earlier.

Is there a thread somewhere describing the various types of cabinet in common use, and the VDSL-related equipment in the new cabinets/hats? Most new cabs I see are beside these ones with the chevron reinforcements (?) on the doors, but there are plenty of other similar cabs around which look like they might be wiring (I'm thinking particularly of a style with an "X"-lined convex front) and I don't know whether they're worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

royan wrote: »
    Wiring cab in Enniskerry sprouted a hat/forehead a week or so ago: 53.19347, -6.16996

attachment.php?attachmentid=286624

In the map, there are two "exchanges" listed in Enniskerry, with codes: Enniskerry EKY and Enniskerry Kilgarron EKK - how do these relate to actual exchanges or fibre infrastructure? EKY is marked at the location I spotted KN preparing for a cab earlier.

Is there a thread somewhere describing the various types of cabinet in common use, and the VDSL-related equipment in the new cabinets/hats? Most new cabs I see are beside these ones with the chevron reinforcements (?) on the doors, but there are plenty of other similar cabs around which look like they might be wiring (I'm thinking particularly of a style with an "X"-lined convex front) and I don't know whether they're worth keeping an eye on.
    No VDSL equipment in that. That's a standard copper cab.
    The reason for the 'attic conversion' is that the cab is full and has no space for the connection rack needed to link across to the fibre cab.
    A VDSL cab will appear close to it at some point and a 200 pair link cable will run between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMCC1

Any idea when Kilternan - Stepaside will get fibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stannman

I've just added one to the map at the roundabout outside Killiney Towers.

Seems to be marked with chalk "35A" on the outside.

Picture attached if of any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

Add one to map Kells Eureka School outside wall VDSL Cab

• Advertisement

Two more added at Glenageary Roundabout.

53.280091,-6.135371

ROC 038A and ROC 051A.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    The reason for the 'attic conversion' is that the cab is full and has no space for the connection rack

I gathered that from previous posts - I'd still think of it as "VDSL-related".

Any thoughts on the other points, the "exchanges" marked in Enniskerry, and variations in wiring cab designs?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

I just posted another to the map in Shankill

There seem to be three in a row here along the Dublin Road and the fibre was laid down months ago (to the other two anyway - you can see it underway on Streetview) but I only spotted this one today outside Seaview.

However, still not "fibre enabled" in the estate yet. I wonder what the normal gap is between placing the cabinet and having the service available? (Probably asked lots of times before but didn't see it in the thread as I didn't read all 83 pages yet ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Does anyone have a firm date on Clonakilty rollout please?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cagier wrote: »

There seem to be three in a row here along the Dublin Road and the fibre was laid down months ago (to the other two anyway - you can see it underway on Streetview) but I only spotted this one today outside Seaview.

However, still not "fibre enabled" in the estate yet. I wonder what the normal gap is between placing the cabinet and having the service available? (Probably asked lots of times before but didn't see it in the thread as I didn't read all 83 pages yet ;))

The hold up is probably the installers now. When the input of orders slows down they'll "enable" more cabs.

Cagier wrote: »

Shankill - SKL - Seaview - SKL 1 015

Is this the one you added? Looks like it's located on the equator right now and might need to be moved. :)

Pro Tip: Good times not to go out looking for cabinets: in the gathering dusk of winter nights when the locals have put out their green bins for collection. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

royan wrote: »
    Pro Tip: Good times not to go out looking for cabinets: in the gathering dusk of winter nights when the locals have put out their green bins for collection. :(

I agree, i got excited that a cabinet was installed beside my house a couple of evenings coming home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 35 matildajane

Could you pm me that spreadsheet too please?

Thanks!

I would be grateful to get a copy of the spreadsheet too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

stannman wrote: »
    Shankill - SKL - Seaview - SKL 1 015

Is this the one you added? Looks like it's located on the equator right now and might need to be moved. :)
    Yes, that's the one. But it appears to be in the right place when I look at it.

It is not in the main map yet but in the editable version it does not seem to be on the equator!?

1fhdg6.jpg

I do notice the tag was update yesterday by "Itsmuck" but that is where I left it when I created previously..

Anyway, hopefully it is grand now!

• Advertisement

Yes, looks like someone corrected it.

Thanks for checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added QKR1_034A on Tramore Road, Cork.
    tramore_road.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Dermoth wrote: »
    Does anyone have a firm date on Clonakilty rollout please?

DermotH, it looks like Clonakilty has been pushed out another three months :mad:. A guy in Eircom told me it would be 'mid year'. The orange fibre cables are in fact already laid in the ducts around the town. So the only work should be in the exchange (apart from extra cabinets if they put them in). The guy told me most of the town will be connected directly to the exchange, which means we probably won't get the full benefit of fibre. Apparently they have a cabinet for the Waterfront Developent, but since that is a dead duck, who knows what is going to happen. Since we know longer have a local TD, I can see Clon pushed out even further. I am hoping Clon could be ripe for ESB/Vodafone FTTB since we don't have UPC and with Eircom ignoring us, it could be a perfect one for the FTTB .

Had 2 eircom engineers at my place today to fix a fault and they confirmed a cabinet 150m from my place.
    Its not one of the shiney new green ones but its an old grey/white thingy.
    Im sure the engineers know what they are talking about,i will add it to the map if someone can confirm other mapped cabs are not the shiney new green ones?

Added to map.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Dcully wrote: »
    Had 2 eircom engineers at my place today to fix a fault and they confirmed a cabinet 150m from my place.
    Its not one of the shiney new green ones but its an old grey/white thingy.
    Im sure the engineers know what they are talking about,i will add it to the map if someone can confirm other mapped cabs are not the shiney new green ones?

Added to map.
    Any chance of a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Turns out, that despite what customer service said, I won't be able to get Fibre Broadband when it comes to my area. We are on the Moate exchange, but appears that the lines in our area (about 9km outside the town towards Athlone) is not able to carry the signal. Can't even get basic fixed line broadband at the moment but was lead to believe that ALL areas in exchanges would be able to receive eFibre.

At the moment I am using 3mobile broadband and this evening am getting a download speed of less that .5Mbps and an upload speed of less than .4Mbps. Getting really frustrated with not being able to do the basics on the internet like watch a short video online. Grrrr!!

TheChizler wrote: »
    Any chance of a picture?

Will get one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GeneralDisorder

Hey guys, any idea how to find out what exchange/cabinet your house is fed from?
    I'm in Douglas in Cork and most of the areas been fibre enabled since early 2013, and I'm still waiting to find out when our estate will come online.
    From looking at the cabinet map, we're less than 1000m from 2 enabled cabinets.

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

The cab at the bottom of Blarney Street in Cork City looks like it's commissioned now, cab code sticker says CHF1 032A.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We have a grey cabinet (two, at least) here in Tramore that the engineers are fitting the new fibre cabinet beside. Not the green ones. Though, there fairly old cabinets.

Advertisement