Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

syboit wrote: »
    In Cork, I've seen them put in orange ducting. The fibre is then blown through it later on.

It was orange I saw them putting down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

amdaley28 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest what colour is the trunking they put down for fibre cable because I'm sure some places will need it ?
    I saw a company putting down trunking on the outskirts of Killarney towards Killorglan today

This stuff......
    260749.JPG

262761.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lots of cabinets popping up around Tramore. Still no work being done to my local cabinet :(

Anyway, I have added an additional three cabinets to the mapping for Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gahsux

Of interest:
    http://knnetworkservices.com/projects/telecoms/fixed/eircom-nga-super-fast-fibre-broadband/
    I have not updated the map with places where I've found only old cabinets

Clondalkin - Newlands Cross exchange:
    Cabinet | Location | Mapping Status
    NWL1_002 | Boot Rd/St. Brigids Road.| mapped (Dec13)
    NWL1_003 | Castle Park/Bettysfort Terrace | Old cabinets(2) found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_004 | Newlands Road.| mapped (Dec13)
    NWL1_005 | Monastery Park.| Drive mapped (Jan14)
    NWL1_009 | Woodford Walk/Downs.| mapped (Jan14)
    NWL1_010 | Woodford Close/Drive.| mapped (Jan14)
    NWL1_012 | Red Cow pedestrian bridge.| Old cabinets found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_013 | Monastey Road near IBIS Hotel.| Old cabinets found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_014 | Baldonnell Lane.| Not Checked (Jan14)
    NWL1_016 | Woodford Road.| Not found (Jan14)
    NWL1_017 | Belgard Road opp. NWL golf club.| Not found (Jan14)
    NWL1_018 | Monastery Gate Green.| Not found (Jan14)
    NWL1_019 | Ballymount Road opp. Red Cow.| Old cabinets found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_020 | Boot Road,Newlands Manor Estate.| Not found (Jan14)
    NWL1_021 | Kilwarden Court, Commons Road.| Old cabinets found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_022 | Brownsbarn Wood, Naas road.| Not checked (Jan14)
    NWL1_023 | Kingswood bus. park. Baldonnell.| Not checked (Jan14)
    NWL1_031 | Castle Park/Bettysfort Terrace.| Old cabinets(2) found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_048 | Monastery Heath Square Old cabinets found.| No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_049 | Shalimar Apps. Monastery Road.| Old cabinets found. No VDSL installed (Jan14)
    NWL1_050 | Knockmeenagh Road.| mapped (Dec13)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Mapped a cabinet I spotted while drinking a pint at the new Cotton Ball brewery in Cork (Wellington Road exchange). Combining my hobbies for extra efficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mapped another cab for Little Island Cork - LED009. Of the 11 cabs from the eircom sheet 8 are now mapped, 2 locations have still only adsl cabs and 1 is still on the missing list (original co-ordinates had it out in the harbour)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

New cabinet at the top of Somerville, Tramore now :) Installed this morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

New cabinet at the top of Somerville, Tramore now :) Installed this morning.

Wasn't that one of the first to be fitted and already mapped?!

Sully wrote: »
    Wasn't that one of the first to be fitted and already mapped?!

Nope, the electrics and foundation have been down a while for it but KN only fitted it today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daedulun

New cab fitted in Newtown Glen, Tramore this morning...

52° 8'51.56"N 7°10'19.83"W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Few more added in Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Would anybody be able to PM me a copy of the cabinet rollout spreadsheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Would anybody be able to PM me a copy of the cabinet rollout spreadsheet?

It's way out of date now so pretty pointless really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

feb 19th for my area seemingly according to the efibre order form but not on vodafone I cant even order it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

A new comprehensive map of the cabinets and exchanges to be covered by the fibre roll-out is now on the eircom Wholesale website.

In fairness they are covering a whole lot of the country.

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

Steviemak wrote: »
    A new comprehensive map of the cabinets and exchanges to be covered by the fibre roll-out is now on the eircom Wholesale website.

So only a small portion of the map is actually done is it?

Its going to be done right down my road :) but looks like we could be waiting a while :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Johntm wrote: »
    So only a small portion of the map is actually done is it?

Its going to be done right down my road :) but looks like we could be waiting a while :(

Its only my opinion.

On the map some of the areas have a light blue bubble. Eircom has planned for those areas to have Fibre before the end of 2014 .

Areas with the orange bubble, Eircom will begin work early 2015, i would think?

You will have a better chance of getting fibre in 2015, if you're nearer to areas that have the blue and green balloon symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Looks like they're planning to put in a new cabinet that could halve my distance "from the exchange".

Any way of knowing if my line will be connected to it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I was able to find the missing 11th vdsl cab for the LED exchange. Suppose with this map now there is little point with the mapping project here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭royan

Does this completely subsume the mapping project here, or is there some value we can still get from it?

FWIW, the NGA cabinets list is handily loaded by the Javascript as a CSV file currently here on rackcdn.com.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nothing new on my exchange, theres at least 50 houses in the area and the nearest cabinet planned is 2km away. What's really annoying is that there are 2 cabinets planned further away where there is only 4 or 5 houses at most.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

So glad I never did that trawl around west Dublin I was planning. So many orange dots...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

syboit wrote: »
    I was able to find the missing 11th vdsl cab for the LED exchange. Suppose with this map now there is little point with the mapping project here ?

Kind off but not really.
    For a start, that map could be pulled by Eircom at any time.
    I also think our map on here Boards have more detailed info from 'on site' with work progress, plinth installs, powered, stickered, commissioned and ofcourse the ever important pics.:P

It says the service is planned for my estate yet they have installed the cabinet at the top of my estate? Awfully confused.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I see 10 orange markers in my area [Fibre Cabinet Planned] according to that map and not blue which is [Fibre Build Commenced] yet im seeing KN vans and rollers of fibre many times in the town during the last month,kinda conflicting what what map info suggests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danny Boy

I'd say that map will always be a bit behind what's happening on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

Eircom are working on a cabinet now on blackglen road sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jasondunne1988

Just a quick question someone on this thread may be able to answer for me, there is 4 cabinets around my apartment the 3 mentioned below are LIVE cabinets and are all fairly close to the apartment

STN1_040
    BLP1_061
    BPL1_018

This is the cabinet i am supposedly hooked up to which is the furthest away of the lot and is not yet live.

BLP1_058

Is there a possibilty they could connect me to a different cabinet which is closer to my apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jasondunne1988

I also forgot to mention that i live in Donaghmede Dublin 13 and connected to the Belcamp exchange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Perkins135

Just a quick question.
    My local exchange is in the plan for fibre. My phone line can't even take normal broadband (split line). What are the chances of it being able to take the efibre?

Advertisement