Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

Perkins135 wrote: »
    Just a quick question.
    My local exchange is in the plan for fibre. My phone line can't even take normal broadband (split line). What are the chances of it being able to take the efibre?

I'm pretty sure if you order efibre eircom will remove the split line as part of the installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Perkins135

Thanks for that Steviemak. Any idea the cost of installation of efibre? It's at least half mile to where the line was split.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

This is the cabinet i am supposedly hooked up to

How did you get the info about which cab you're on?

Looking to get similar information myself, seeing as my closest cab is actually two cabs right next to each other, one is being enabled soon, the other isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jasondunne1988

seanp_25 wrote: »
    How did you get the info about which cab you're on?

Looking to get similar information myself, seeing as my closest cab is actually two cabs right next to each other, one is being enabled soon, the other isn't.

I've had at least 10 engineers out trying to resolve a fault with my line the last 6 months one verbally told me were the cabinet was then i followed one of the engineers myself to the cabinet as he had to check the line from there.

Doesn't make sense to me really there is 3 cabinets all alot closer to my apartment yet the one i am on is a fair distance away

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Steviemak wrote: »
    A new comprehensive map of the cabinets and exchanges to be covered by the fibre roll-out is now on the eircom Wholesale website.

In fairness they are covering a whole lot of the country.

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Sixmilebridge is saying the summer 2014 with one of them blue icons. There is an orange icon outside my house nearly. I'm about a 1 km from the blue icon. does that mean i can get fibre off the blue icon or have i to wait for one outside the estate to be ready.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Added two cabinets in Tramore - on he Ring Road beside Pine Grove and on Cliff Road.

I can't see ones I added before though, so I have no idea if I am adding them right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

still no sign of anything for Ashford by the looks of it even though villages on either side now have fibre :(

Edit: Ashford is on the list but
    This area is included in our fibre rollout; further detail will be provided when design work is completed
    could be waiting a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

According to the map on Eircom website, Monasterevin has been pushed back until May 2014 :confused:

This 1mb line is killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Tzardine wrote: »
    According to the map on Eircom website, Monasterevin has been pushed back until May 2014 :confused:

Don't think the efibre is going to cure that one. Most evenings my 50 meg efibre is less than 1 meg. A complete joke of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

Cabinet was installed on blackglen road sandyford today , anybody know when a cabinet goes live after it's installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 AMCC1

New Cabinet installed on Enniskerry Rd at top of Cruagh Rise, Stepaside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah ffs it must of changed since Saturday , as if we arent waiting long enough :mad::mad::mad:
    They were putting fibre into the ground 6 weeks ago.

Where are you? Im on up to 24mb,they installed 15mb cards this time last year yet charge us up to 24 mb, i get a solid 14 mb.

Dcully wrote: »
    Ah ffs it must of changed since Saturday , as if we arent waiting long enough :mad::mad::mad:
    They were putting fibre into the ground 6 weeks ago.

Where are you? Im on up to 24mb,they installed 15mb cards this time last year yet charge us up to 24 mb, i get a solid 14 mb.

Out towards Oghill. Past the Junction 14 petrol station.

It does seem unfair that I get charged the same for my 1mb line as somebody who can get 24mb or even Fibre :(

To think I used to complain to UPC in my old house because I was only getting 60 on a 150mb line ROFL. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Woohooo, eFibre now available EVERYWHERE! Paaaarttaaaaeee!

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Out towards Oghill. Past the Junction 14 petrol station.

It does seem unfair that I get charged the same for my 1mb line as somebody who can get 24mb or even Fibre :(

To think I used to complain to UPC in my old house because I was only getting 60 on a 150mb line ROFL. :D

Now i see why you say craggy island as your location ;)

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Fitzpatrick gets a cabinet installed in junction 14,would be great for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

cab in virginia on the dublin road on the left beside the old cabnet saw a few kn guys putting cable down it yesterday the eircom map has been revised as well it was saying a week ago virginia avaiable june 2014 now it says april 2014 ? not in the area meself but have a mate there who is mad for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

fbradyirl wrote: »

Yey for not even being of the role out map for 2014! .. Oh wait. :-(
    So you can have it to the town either side of me but not mine? Thanks eircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

Not all of Monasterevin is being covered. I'm on the Rathangan road beyond Ferns Bridge. Although they put down cable outside my house, when I contacted them they said I wouldn't be covered in April, try them again in September. :mad:

Dcully wrote: »
    Now i see why you say craggy island as your location ;)

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Fitzpatrick gets a cabinet installed in junction 14,would be great for you.

Might need to pay him a visit :)

ShayC wrote: »
    Not all of Monasterevin is being covered. I'm on the Rathangan road beyond Ferns Bridge. Although they put down cable outside my house, when I contacted them they said I wouldn't be covered in April, try them again in September. :mad:

I wish there was a thumbs down button :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Taboganist007

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Eircom Fibre Map? http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Overnight it seems to updated, going from a very varied composition of assorted colours depicting when exchanges could get upgraded and today it's all gone green and saying all exchanges shows so far have gone live. A mistake, surely?

Furthermore there seems to be a boatload of exchanges that were not even mentioned on the map that have supposedly gone live.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Taboganist007

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Eircom Fibre Map? http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Overnight it seems to updated, going from a very varied composition of assorted colours depicting when exchanges could get upgraded and today it's all gone green and saying all exchanges shows so far have gone live. A mistake, surely?

Furthermore there seems to be a boatload of exchanges that were not even mentioned on the map that have supposedly gone live.

Oh wow I timed that query terribly, I just refreshed the map and it's gone back to a more familiar state. But the exchanges that were purple depicting that those exchanges earmarked for upgrade in February have gone green.

I guess they must have been updating the map a while back, maybe. Anyways you guys can disregard my previous query.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ints

Lets Share....

I did suggest my father in law to get new fiber back in november , he was with Digiweb at the time, so I called in to Vodafone and ask them for fibre , they said all is good and he can get 40Mb speed so its all good. They will connect him on within 3 weeks and that’s hassle free connection and till that time he will stay with current provider so there wouldn’t be any service abruption. After 1 week digiweb disconnected the line so no more broadband for him, I called in to Vodafone and they said everything is good, I called in to digiweb and they said to speak to our new provider, so we wait, after 3 weeks of waiting no appointment from installers I did called In again, and what they said to me, that something is wrong with order and we need to put new order with direct debits etc. I asked how long I will need to wait for that and they said another 3 weeks  … I was so pissed of so no questions asked I said to cancel my order and they said that’s fine no money will be taken etc. So I did called to eircom and got it sorted within 2 weeks up and running. That’s not all after that I got bill from Vodafone to pay 13+ eur for line rental since middle of November and direct debit will be taken (before they said that I need new direct debit mandate to reorder same order) even do I never had any service from them, so I called in and they everything will be fine they will call me back next day and that’s not the case no one did, so I called in again and everything was like new story I explained myself again and they assured me that no direct debit will be taken, and guess what , direct debit went true following week so called in and asked for refund they said they will send me check and guess what no check had beed issued so we wait  . I would never imagine that Vodafone can be so huge mistake and so poor service. By the way eircom get us 50Mb and its working like a charm.
    and yes in total 5 weeks with no broadband because of vodafone foult... one more thing forgot to mention that because of vodafone illegal direct debit he got 10eur fine from bank because there was not enough money for other direct debit on his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Eircom rep told me a few months ago around December of 2013. We may hear by June 2014, the new exchanges to be upgraded across the country. Ones that are not currently shown on that map.

The map above is a timeline for 1 million homes and businesses to have Efibre. It will most likely be done ahead of schedule before the end of 2014.

Eircom is then left with 400,000 more homes and businesses to finish, by 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

fbradyirl wrote: »

What? :confused:

This is what it shows for me:

http://gyazo.com/9d153837a9f264c5622b3ef843209005

New fibre cabinet installed in Kilternan next to Topaz.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Who can edit the mapping? There are a couple of duplicate entries in Tramore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Any news on Kilcock?

It says March on the map but that changes far too often for my liking.

Seems strange that Kilcock is getting fibre before Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

How do I distinguish between standard cabinets and efibre cabinets?
    Reread the first post doh!

Believe I've spotted a new cabinet as it appears to have the lock mentioned in first post...
    In itself nothing unusual... except, it's only 20 meters from my house :D

Added to the map...
    file.php?id=1413&t=1

• Advertisement

2 fibre cabinets in the process of being installed in Stepaside Dublin 18. Opposite old Garda station.

Advertisement