Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

Spotted 2 fibre cabinets in Castleisland, County Kerry over the past few weeks. Probably more but haven't had time to look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Siberius

First new cabinet in Sallins in months. On the Clane side of St Brigid's Terrace. Added to map.

Still no sign of eircom making fibre available in Sallins though.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Hi, just added four more cabs in Tullamore, cabs seem to have yellow stickers so i assume its live.

Sorry for the multiple cab entry's in two locations on the Whitehall/Cappincur areas.

Vinnie

Two cabinets added in Clane. One on Millicent Road outside Aldi, the other on College Road at Hillview.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

Any idea what the story is with the one in Shankhill/Bray area? We were supposed to be upgraded in January and its now March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

I've ben posting on the eircom.net board here to chase up my part of Shankill. The Eircom NGA map shows lots of the cabinets nearly live but they are slowly getting through them. I suppose just keep an eye on the map (but it is weeks behind) and watch that thread also maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Chris369

AMCC1 wrote: »
    2 fibre cabinets in the process of being installed in Stepaside Dublin 18. Opposite old Garda station.

How long do you think it will take for them cabinets In stepaside yo go live ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Matt986 wrote: »
    Any idea what the story is with the one in Shankhill/Bray area? We were supposed to be upgraded in January and its now March.
    Cagier wrote: »
    I've ben posting on the eircom.net board here to chase up my part of Shankill. The Eircom NGA map shows lots of the cabinets nearly live but they are slowly getting through them. I suppose just keep an eye on the map (but it is weeks behind) and watch that thread also maybe?
    Chris369 wrote: »
    How long do you think it will take for them cabinets In stepaside yo go live ?:)

Guys can you this kind of chat to other threads. This thread is primarily used for the community mapping project.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

First cab spotted in Cork City Centre, on Grattan Street.

grattan_street.jpg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Anyone know when Vectoring is gonna be enabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

I believe it's today... 7th March 2014
    Apologies red_bairn... forgot... can one of the moderators deleted this post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Anyone know when Vectoring is gonna be enabled?
    I believe it's today... 7th March 2014

You guys probably didn't see my post above, but could you guys use the other general Eircom fibre rollout thread for this chat. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

I've seen cable vans in Clonee village yesterday, and Eircom people working on the cabinets in Dunboyne.

Two more cabinets added in Clane. One on the Clane side of Alexandra Bridge on the left hand side behind a wall, the other at the entrance to College Road East opposite Loughbollard on College Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

New cabinet installed outside Earls Court in Kill in the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Considering the rate at which they've added cabinets all around us, I think we're never going to get it at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Adding the new cabinet in Pelletstown Manor, Ashtown this week. Hopefully be available in the next couple of months (map says June).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wicklow_hills

this is not the case. Ashford exchange is not on the upgrade list for the next 12 months (as of 3 weeks ago)

Eircom only publish 6 months, but if you are persistent they can check 12 months out if they are being helpful

irelandoffline has perhaps the most up to date map of connectivity in Wicklow, and elsewhere in rural Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

this is not the case. Ashford exchange is not on the upgrade list for the next 12 months (as of 3 weeks ago)

Eircom only publish 6 months, but if you are persistent they can check 12 months out if they are being helpful

irelandoffline has perhaps the most up to date map of connectivity in Wicklow, and elsewhere in rural Ireland

Might be more helpful if you were to quote part of the message you are replying to... So, to ask the silly question - What's not the case?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Codpeas wrote: »
    Might be more helpful if you were to quote part of the message you are replying to... So, to ask the silly question - What's not the case?

Possibly confusing Ashford with Ashtown from my post above it?

• Advertisement

Two more added in Sallins. One at Oldbridge, on Oldbridge Way; the other at Hillview, directly behind the wall at the village end.

To the moderator: There are a number of cabinets in Sallins and Clane that have yet to be added to the Main Map. At what stage, and how, are the mappings validated?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Siberius wrote: »
    To the moderator: There are a number of cabinets in Sallins and Clane that have yet to be added to the Main Map. At what stage, and how, are the mappings validated?

Sponge bob owns the doc, but he was banned so he cant reply to you.

ED E wrote: »

Understood, so how are the cabinets verified so that Sponge Bob can update the document?

ED E wrote: »

Understood, so how are the cabinets verified so that Sponge Bob can update the document?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

Cabinet installed this morning in Thomastown Co. Kilkenny, on junction of Mill Street and The Mall, first one I seen in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Siberius wrote: »
    I believe the instructions are in the first post of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wicklow_hills

meeting with Comreg next week to outline experience of rural broadband in Wicklow

anyone have any questions they'd like me to pose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

meeting with Comreg next week to outline experience of rural broadband in Wicklow

Yeah why is broadband not a legal right like in most of Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Are they aware that the 3 Rural Broadband scheme was seen by those who need the service as grossly unfit for purpose and tremendously bad value for money from a taxpayer's point of view ?

Advertisement