Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

I'm not from Wicklow but I would like to see schedules for implementation throughout Ireland, published and regularly updated... Let's get rid of the guesswork...
    long_b wrote: »
    Are they aware that the 3 Rural Broadband scheme was seen by those who need the service as grossly unfit for purpose and tremendously bad value for money from a taxpayer's point of view ?
    Looks like more of the old ways... put something in place to keep them happy....

The attitude in other countries and in particular the US have always been... Reach for the top, in Ireland it's pretty much been.... Try for the middle...

I don't want us as a nation to 'keep up' anymore... I want us to lead...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I'm not from Wicklow but I would like to see schedules for implementation throughout Ireland, published and regularly updated... Let's get rid of the guesswork...

Looks like more of the old ways... put something in place to keep them happy....

The attitude in other countries and in particular the US have always been... Reach for the top, in Ireland it's pretty much been.... Try for the middle...

I don't want us as a nation to 'keep up' anymore... I want us to lead...

Are we not leading as the headquarters for European operations for major multinationals?

Spotted work this morning on the main street in Greystones. Unplanned cabinet. I'll have to check that Eircom map when I get into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

OT - but I'd like to ask for some help in setting up a similar table/map to find empty apartment blocks around the country.

If anyone knows how to set up another fusion table/map, with the same permissions as the efibre cabinet one, could you please post at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057182256

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

Im wonder if areas marked March on this map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ are connected already on time or is there a delate. Anyone can confirm please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

jowkon wrote: »
    Im wonder if areas marked March on this map http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ are connected already on time or is there a delate. Anyone can confirm please

We were marked for March here in Tramore, but still nothing. All the cabinets are in place but things have been quiet since.

• Advertisement

We were marked for March here in Tramore, but still nothing. All the cabinets are in place but things have been quiet since.

Same as in Athlone;

Use this map here it's much more accurate..apparently

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Same as in Athlone;

Use this map here it's much more accurate..apparently

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1FogNL4QGneyEpG-k0bKf3qokZUrv57qSNj_xZa4#map:id=3

They generally go live mid-way through the month that follows what it says.

So if it says 'March' it will give live around the third week of April.

Thanks. So good that there is no delay as Im looking for June and counting days since 7 years:)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Does anyone have any information on cabinet RBK1_001? It's listed on the NGA Deployment Plan and Location page, with the following details -

NGA Exchange Name - Cobh

Copper Parent Exchange - RUSHBROOKE

Cab Number - RBK1_001

CCP Address - 0

East Co Ordinates - 0

North Co Ordinates - 0

Date published in Deployment plan - 30/04/2013

New Cabinet

Indicative ARD

Cabinet Landed

Cabinet Energised

Cabinet Commissioned

Indicative cabinet RFO date

Longitude

It's not shown on the map on the first page of this thread, and trying to go to it's location on the Google page brings me outside of the country. Rushbrooke is right next to me and if they're putting a cabinet there it likely means I'll be able to get fibre... obviously it doesn't say that it's been commissioned or whatever, but does anyone have any information on this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Cork RUSHBROOKE RBK n/a 0 0 Cabinet rehomed to Cobh 2014 TBC

Rehomed to Cobh exchange. No further info on live dates.
    Azhrei wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on cabinet RBK1_001? It's listed on the NGA Deployment Plan and Location page, with the following details -

NGA Exchange Name - Cobh

Copper Parent Exchange - RUSHBROOKE

Cab Number - RBK1_001

CCP Address - 0

East Co Ordinates - 0

North Co Ordinates - 0

Date published in Deployment plan - 30/04/2013

New Cabinet

Indicative ARD

Cabinet Landed

Cabinet Energised

Cabinet Commissioned

Indicative cabinet RFO date

Longitude

It's not shown on the map on the first page of this thread, and trying to go to it's location on the Google page brings me outside of the country. Rushbrooke is right next to me and if they're putting a cabinet there it likely means I'll be able to get fibre... obviously it doesn't say that it's been commissioned or whatever, but does anyone have any information on this at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

It's something, I guess. Thanks for the reply, kaizersoze!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

According this this map Monasterevin is now listed for June, it was March,the April,then May and now June ffs.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Dcully wrote: »
    According this this map Monasterevin is now listed for June, it was March,the April,then May and now June ffs.

Oh god Athlone now @ May. 4th time for it to be pushed out by a month

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh god Athlone now @ May. 4th time for it to be pushed out by a month

Yeah its depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Added a new cab near Cutbush, The Curragh.
    No yellow sticker yet.
    The Curragh exchange now moved from May to June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Dcully wrote: »

Feck Feck Feckedy Feck. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Tzardine wrote: »
    Feck Feck Feckedy Feck. :mad:

same with my area "crumlin" screw eircom I'm done waiting
    going with upc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Carlow Town Cab 16 beside the Ulster bank. About 20 Metres from 2 other VDSL cabs at the side of Centra/Apache Pizza for a different cab.

Haven't mapped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

How long does it normally take for cabinets to be enabled after they are installed in the area? as my area is "due" to get E-Fibre this month

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Added 2 new cabs in Blackrock county Louth will check if there is more later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ints

Dundalk were enabled since last august and i am in city center on busy street, all around is fibre but not on my street , i have 6 cabs within 500 meters on no luck here, have calling in to eirom and there is no plans for my street, new plans will be enrolled on July so then we will see if there is any chance to get one... My friends are living in housing estates were is less customers then on my street and still they have fibre just not me lol ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rkantos

So... Blanchardstown has been green probably for the best part of a year. But STILL no cabinets in Waterville?? Waterville area was built around 2001-2004 so you would kind of expect the area have all the necessary and rather new cabling to simply allow for a installation of a VDSL2 -box. Does anybody have any idea why Waterville has been left out or when they'd be installing a cabinet to the neighbourhood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

new cab has been fitted into my area now (about bloody time)

Drimnagh - Cooley Rd, not sure how to fit it on the map but the fact its their now gives me hope that I'll get it at some point this year :L

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Does anyone know what' efibre is like in stillorgan? Anyone got any suggestions of what is best package to go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Big push on in Santry exchange area in last week. Noticed new cabs along/just off Swords road, also Ballymun Avenue, Shanowen, and Aulden Grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

two fibre cabinets in johnstownbridge, kildare! at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

raytaxi wrote: »
    Added 2 new cabs in Blackrock county Louth will check if there is more later.

Theres 4 cabs done in blackrock now, rock road, seafield road, earlsfort and dublin road. Still no sign of any on beside dunnes or jjb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Cabinets in place in Crosshaven.
    Have updated the map with this one in Castle Point:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/110519/304824.jpg

The subcontractors pulled the cable about 6 weeks ago. Now Eircom "maintenance" vans are down by Centra soldering stuff.

Missed a call from Vodafone this evening - maybe they have some good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 marko61

I just added 3 more cabinets to the map in Kells Co. Meath. That's 10 of the 14 due to be installed and guess what the one for my street is not one of them . Will I ever get connected???

• Advertisement

marko61 wrote: »
    I just added 3 more cabinets to the map in Kells Co. Meath. That's 10 of the 14 due to be installed and guess what the one for my street is not one of them . Will I ever get connected???

Interesting, eircom map says "Now available" marked green color?

Advertisement