Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

jowkon wrote: »
    I checked speed "availability" online -about 2 weeks ago. It said "good news fibre in your area September 14...."
    and another pointless info from eircom site which for me in other words with mine experience with eircom meant: "Call as now to make sure we won't screw up anything and you will get proper service!" ;) I did call for fun to check what this is for and number was to sales department and I heard that fibre in Octobre. Anyway woman said that we are connected to Gorey exchange now. I did make sure if its not courtown She said its Gorey, maybe for testing.
    Btw im in Riverchapel and speed goes down evenings and weekends, day tame is OK But for me Upload upgrade is most import and

Have you seen any of the cabinets being fitted out yet? Vodafone guy was going around the doors again in our estate about 2 weeks ago saying it will be activate by Oct 12th that they had been guaranteed this by eircom but I haven't seen any activity around.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

logic wrote: »
    Have you seen any of the cabinets being fitted out yet? Vodafone guy was going around the doors again in our estate about 2 weeks ago saying it will be activate by Oct 12th that they had been guaranteed this by eircom but I haven't seen any activity around.

The only activity was updated map when/where, From ole 9 towns marked on October only Banclody and one more will be on time. Of course if 5 November is considered as October.:)

They could promised Oct 14 aka 2014. For no however its not possible. If they do it now (Iv seen little truck "Mkplant" painted or something like this -looks like rented) it needs + 4 weeks. So middle November for order the soonest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

The only activity was updated map when/where, From ole 9 towns marked on October only Banclody and one more will be on time. Of course if 5 November is considered as October.:)

They could promised Oct 14 aka 2014. For no however its not possible. If they do it now (Iv seen little truck "Mkplant" painted or something like this -looks like rented) it needs + 4 weeks. So middle November for order the soonest

I'm in Riverchapel too. I've seen that MK Plant truck in Riverchapel Wood but it didn't seem to be anything to do with Eircom. It's very frustrating as, like you my evening and weekend speeds are rubbish, I've seen it down to .2mbs on wifi, barely enough to open a webpage.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I'm in Riverchapel too. I've seen that MK Plant truck in Riverchapel Wood but it didn't seem to be anything to do with Eircom. It's very frustrating as, like you my evening and weekend speeds are rubbish, I've seen it down to .2mbs on wifi, barely enough to open a webpage.

This track was parked beside cabinet and then long the river behind the church. Its not eircom but could be kn as they use rented vans. Anyway 2 vans beside exchange today so maybe they are back for another "step" I hope for middle december if we lucky to be connected to lucky winner cabinet :) What I wish to all of ass sooner then ESB will came ;)

I was told there was someone working on the cabinet CRT1_007 on Wednesday (they were seen at about 12:30) with the two cabinets open. They didn't see a van so not sure how reliable the info is.

• Advertisement

On Wednesday - that the "gardeners". So van was undercover:)

Btw In Banclody only 2 cabinets from 7 going live in Nov. So about 28% now is enough for eircom to consider area as "averrable".(used to be 40%) Others as they call next roll out (read: no plans)
    So statistically in first turn one us will get it @logic @Marhay70 I will not be honest if I say: Good lack ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    2 new cabinets were installed yesterday in our estate still a ways to go but progress at least.

ESB installation work started this morning in the cabinets in our estate in Saggart. Still no end point yet but hopefully sooner rather than later.

W

Seen a lad (kn on jacket) working on the cabinet in beachside this morning (in a plain white van, no logo on it). He only had the old cabinet open, new one was closed with stuff resting against it. Haven't said that, there was an eircom guy checking all the shores in the estate last week so I'm not sure if the kn was just fixing a fault.

@logic @Marhay70 let see what mr eircom will say :) boards.ie/ttfthread/2057311355/1#post92685962

@logic @Marhay70 let see what mr eircom will say :) boards.ie/ttfthread/2057311355/1#post92685962

I think the chances of getting a definitive answer there are less than zero but I'll keep an eye on it. I see the map now has the date pushed out to Nov. 2014, with every month that passes it gets pushed out another month. Eircom Wholesale won't commit to more than Winter 2014/15.

• Advertisement

Of cours there will be no answer cos they do not have actual schedule. There will be blabla in few smart sentences but we can give them chance.
    BTW All towns scheduled for October are November now except 2 cabs in Banclody :)

Update: I updated the other tread. :)

Of cours there will be no answer cos they do not have actual schedule. There will be blabla in few smart sentences but we can give them chance.
    BTW All towns scheduled for October are November now except 2 cabs in Banclody :)

Update: I updated the other tread. :)

I see Eircom have replied with their usual vagueness.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I see Eircom have replied with their usual vagueness.

Well... in same way after more digging we've got the most honest and reliable answer from eircom till now:

22 October: November scheduled + unforeseen circumstances = January will be met. ;)

but most important for me and you I guess "provisionally" but both scheduled in first go.
    I was hope for Dec however.

Well... in same way after more digging we've got the most honest and reliable answer from eircom till now:

22 October: November scheduled + unforeseen circumstances = January will be met. ;)

but most important for me and you I guess "provisionally" but both scheduled in first go.
    I was hope for Dec however.

Well my contract is due for renewal in February so I'll just have to wait and see but I'm definitely
    not renewing if I'm still getting the same crap speeds.
    Are you in Riverchapel Wood, I see you mention 008 or 011?

Yes Wood its a very good news that they do both(if) as eircom like to do surprises with half estate done only

• Registered Users Posts: 10 marko61

Hi Guys,
    I've been following this thread and posting for a long time and at last I can post that I am now connected to fibre. Cabinet went live last week in Kells and I got connected a few days later. My speed was 10 MB before and now is 95 MB . It was a long time coming but deffo worth the wait.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Quick question..

Is the main map in first post only showing live cabs?

kleefarr wrote: »
    Quick question..

Is the main map in first post only showing live cabs?

The map in first post is not updated anymore unfortunately,

Ah. Is there anywhere to find out which cabs are active or not?

eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ third map, updated manthly

• Advertisement

Thanks, that gave a 404 though.

Found this.. http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

It still says the cab closest to me is LIVE, but not according to Vodafone.
    Does this just mean that they have not connected to the cab?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Quick question. How old is your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What red is getting at is direct fed. If your number doesn't qualify this is likely the case. If you escalate it with your isp they can have your cable records checked to see if you're df or not.

Current bb speed 12mb or better yeah?

It's about 20 years old and yes, supposed to around 10meg. On 24meg circuit.

Connected to exchange. You need to wait to the end of next year or ESB

Connected to exchange. You need to wait to the end of next year or ESB

What??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That's not for sure, but its likely. Lines that don't pass through an existing cab are said to be direct fed. They require the echange itself to be upgraded to get efibre. As this is a regulatory minefield its taking longer than cabs.

Btw *IF* you are direct fed and sync at 12mb now your line is too long for efibre and won't get it, will need to wait for fibre to the home or get upc.

Check with your provider to see if you're df or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That map says that there is a fibre bb cab planned at ours... can that mean anything from this month to sometime before 2016?

Oddly enough seen a few eircom vans & technicians working where this planned cab is supposed to be earlier today..

Maybe my 4Mbs days are numbered

They have put a date of 26/11 for ballygarrett efibre to go live on the eircom wholesale map, I wonder will they get anymore cabinets ready for that date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

logic wrote: »
    They have put a date of 26/11 for ballygarrett efibre to go live on the eircom wholesale map, I wonder will they get anymore cabinets ready for that date.

Where were you able to find that date?

Advertisement