Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

marno21 wrote: »
    fibrerollout.ie map now updated. Dates available for all exchanges and updated timescales for exchanges where installation has commenced

http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Checking the above link and this one, what is the general consensus about how achievable those dates are, is it even remotely likely that the "January - June 16" exchanges will be done by June 16?

I'm in a rural area on one of the 22 exchanges in Kerry that are due to be done by then http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/kerry/. Am I right in thinking they might not get them all done by then (given there are only 9 done by now) and even then, not all lines connected to that exchange will be able to get the service? I'm about 4km from the exchange so I'm pessimistic to say the least!

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not bad at all.

Nice upgrade on what was available to me before.

4099182198.png

Edit: Some difference on wifi sitting right beside the router :(

4099196093.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I know it's probably wireless n but is the wireless connected to the route via wireless n or b. I've 2 laptops and wireless on the older on b maxes out at 43 and the one on wireless n maxes out at 85, wired is 95-98.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Not bad at all.

Nice upgrade on what was available to me before.

4099182198.png

Edit: Some difference on wifi sitting right beside the router :(

4099196093.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

sorry meant wireless g not b.
    wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I know it's probably wireless n but is the wireless connected to the route via wireless n or b. I've 2 laptops and wireless on the older on b maxes out at 43 and the one on wireless n maxes out at 85, wired is 95-98.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's connected via wireless n as far as I can tell. I used wifi analyser as well and it's the only device in the area on channel 11, so not a problem there either. I'll just have to live with it I guess. I updated drivers, checked firmware, etc but no improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

How long does it take Eircom to let Vodafone or other providers know that a line is enabled for fibre?
    On Eircom site my line started showing ready on 15th January and Eircom will take my order.
    But my contract is with Vodafone and they say it is not enabled per their system.
    Do Eircom hold off for a while to try and get new customers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Different eircom, its wholesale that run those tests and send the results to all operators. Sounds like vodafone might not have integrated the latest batch yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

ED E wrote: »
    Different eircom, its wholesale that run those tests and send the results to all operators. Sounds like vodafone might not have integrated the latest batch yet.

Thanks, I also tried the Sky website and same as Vodafone.
    Anyway, should be here soon then, not the worst problem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Sorry for my stupidity, but is there a way of identifying which of these cabinets feed into your house? Can you ring Eircom and quote the fibre cabinet number? I've been told that my estate will be upgraded to fibre by June and going by that map, the nearest cabinet to my estate is expected to go live tomorrow (11/02/15). Speeds have been so bad, I was contemplating moving to wireless broadband but if fibre will be in by the end of the week, I'll stay with my current provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Sorry for my stupidity, but is there a way of identifying which of these cabinets feed into your house? Can you ring Eircom and quote the fibre cabinet number? I've been told that my estate will be upgraded to fibre by June and going by that map, the nearest cabinet to my estate is expected to go live tomorrow (11/02/15). Speeds have been so bad, I was contemplating moving to wireless broadband but if fibre will be in by the end of the week, I'll stay with my current provider.

Eircom can tell from your phone number as to the location of your termination point . It can be difficult getting the information from them as customer service agents do not all have the ability to pull that info . In my case i had to go to higher level and from IT support not CS.

• Advertisement

Your current provider might be able to look up the cable records and tell you. If you can catch an eircom technician in the area he certainly will be able to.

Its not really possible to tell yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Do Eircom need to get planning permission to install the cabinets?
    I was told by a service provider today that my area is awaiting planning permission from the county council to start the instal.

Anywhere I can check this to be true ?

Any installations on public roads and paths require PP. The only ones with a blanket wayleave are the ESB.

They got in trouble for it before when the power pedestals to link with the ESB werent applied for:
    http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/eircom-pillars-1191089-Nov2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ED E wrote: »
    Any installations on public roads and paths require PP. The only ones with a blanket wayleave are the ESB.

They got in trouble for it before when the power pedestals to link with the ESB werent applied for:
    http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/eircom-pillars-1191089-Nov2013/

Cheers,I should be able to check the council website so to see has planning been sought or were they just trying to fob me off.

Sad part of all of this for me is that a treble large rectangular set of manholes with "Eircom" on it sits right at the foot of my front door ( Main road facing) . Im not going to stay where i am due to the long delays waited almost a year but if i was to hang on im guessing id be right on top of the fiber if they do roll out FTTH. It would only be of advantage if they dropped a little fttc unit in there, loads of bloody room with a set of three ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Is there anywhere to find out when a specific cabinet is scheduled to be done? My area on the eircom main map is finished (it's not really) and on the where and when map it's orange which just means planned.

I live in Killester and have a cabinet on the other side of our development but annoyingly we're connected to the wrong one.

Is there anywhere to find out when a specific cabinet is scheduled to be done? My area on the eircom main map is finished (it's not really) and on the where and when map it's orange which just means planned.

I live in Killester and have a cabinet on the other side of our development but annoyingly we're connected to the wrong one.

ITs just a matter of waiting for completion , Keep on them . I haven't even seen a blue (working on build ) icon in my town and its up and running over a year here . Else you could be direct fed ? All i see is Orange, orange everywhere and im not even in northern Ireland ( Allowed make that joke as i was born there)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

dbit wrote: »
    ITs just a matter of waiting for completion , Keep on them . I haven't even seen a blue (working on build ) icon in my town and its up and running over a year here . Else you could be direct fed ? All i see is Orange, orange everywhere and im not even in northern Ireland ( Allowed make that joke as i was born there)

Tell me more? :) It's annoying they can't just have estimates for each box available for us, I assume they have some sort of plan themselves.

Well you would need to ask them what exchange you are terminated to or cabinet . Older lines of majority of Irish towns end up being direct fed due tot he fact they were laid years before the green cabinet plans began. All is not lost you will eventually get something only it could be a year or two after everyone else on the cabinets as the hybrid Evdsl solution is undergoing testing and scrutiny in that it wont de-off other users due to line noise, basically.( Exchange based)

Tell me more? :) It's annoying they can't just have estimates for each box available for us, I assume they have some sort of plan themselves.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057262696

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Phone / Address Checker:
    Looking at the Eircom website with Interactive Map showing "eFibre Coverage" - When I "Check to see if eFibre is available" at my address, I have a choice of entering my phone number or my address (if I do not know my phone number ???). When I my phone number I get the following respons - "Your home is not in an eFibre area - However eircom is rolling out eFibre across Ireland.
    We will remember the phone number / address on this computer"

When I enter my home address - I get a similar response. However if I enter my address without my house number I get a selection of house numbers (similarly for adjacent estates) usually house numbers 100-118 and selecting any of these houses the response is similar to the above two cases.

Is there any significance to these small number of houses being listed.

Its just the mapping database they're pulling from, doesnt know every dwelling or autofills a selection.

With FTTC/VDSL you can be eligible and the next house down can miss out, so neighbours dont mean a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Sponge Bob wrote:
    This thread exists to manage the boards.ie crowdsource effort behind mapping the current eircom Fibre to the Cabinet Rollout. In a few weeks we have already found about half of all the cabinets.

Any of you guys in the River chapel area find speeds have dropped off dramatically in recent times? KN were working at CT 08 a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed my speed dropping to less than 3mbs over the last week. I wonder if there's any connection, I was told speed loss would be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

Eircom rep called last week to inform me and the estate i live in that Headford Galway has been upgraded to fibre broadband and will be active in two weeks, i asked why so quick all of a sudden to upgrade when it was due for july/august on the efibre rollout map, he said that they have employed more contractors to get a full country wide rollout and plan to have it fully finished by the end of the year for all planned areas.

Not bad news if true but eircom always tell you what you want to hear.

Will let you know if Headford get upgraded in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eircom rep called last week to inform me and the estate i live in that Headford Galway has been upgraded to fibre broadband and will be active in two weeks, i asked why so quick all of a sudden to upgrade when it was due for july/august on the efibre rollout map, he said that they have employed more contractors to get a full country wide rollout and plan to have it fully finished by the end of the year for all planned areas.

Not bad news if true but eircom always tell you what you want to hear.

Will let you know if Headford get upgraded in a couple of weeks.

Reps at the door always talk ****.....

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

1.GIF

Strange. Only a few weeks ago the coverage map showed Fibre Broadband being rolled out in my Area, Collon, between Mar-Apr 15, now we not getting it at all according to this:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Bazsutto wrote: »
    1.GIF

Strange. Only a few weeks ago the coverage map showed Fibre Broadband being rolled out in my Area, Collon, between Mar-Apr 15, now we not getting it at all according to this:eek:

that's wrong I see they still haven't fixed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

It's th same for Roosky and Dromod. Rep knocked on the door said it was going live about 6 weeks ago. On the map it said March until last week and then it's gone off the map and Eircom said they now can't say when it will happen.

Typically useless information and service from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

It's th same for Roosky and Dromod. Rep knocked on the door said it was going live about 6 weeks ago. On the map it said March until last week and then it's gone off the map and Eircom said they now can't say when it will happen.

Typically useless information and service from Eircom.

You shouldn't use that map anyhow go by this

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Nolars wrote: »
    You shouldn't use that map anyhow go by this

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

It says fibre build live in roosky and one cabinet in Dromod. The one I and most of the village is connected to says fibre build commenced. Engineer told me its done. It's been dragging on for the past year. Hopefully soon.

Advertisement