Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It's th same for Roosky and Dromod. Rep knocked on the door said it was going live about 6 weeks ago. On the map it said March until last week and then it's gone off the map and Eircom said they now can't say when it will happen.

Typically useless information and service from Eircom.

Roosky and Dromod has been live for about 6 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Roosky and Dromod has been live for about 6 weeks

Only one estate in Dromod is live. Shannon cove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Only one estate in Dromod is live. Shannon cove.

Yeah that one is live for weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Yeah that one is live for weeks

Yes I know that thanks.I am wondering why the rest of the village is not connected and is now not on the map. I had an agent at the door 6 weeks ago telling me that Shannon cove was live from that date and the rest would follow within four weeks. Eircom will not give me an update or planned date. Just have to keep waiting I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Yes I know that thanks.I am wondering why the rest of the village is not connected and is now not on the map. I had an agent at the door 6 weeks ago telling me that Shannon cove was live from that date and the rest would follow within four weeks. Eircom will not give me an update or planned date. Just have to keep waiting I suppose.

Never believe a word out of the mouths of agents calling to your door. They haven't a clue and will tell you whatever they can to get you to sign up to them there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

cunnijo wrote: »

Not directed at you but the report is basically :-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZRrzfMF3o

In particular i love this bit "The move would see so-called ‘fibre-to-the-home’ broadband rolled out over a four-year timeframe starting in 2016. It could see cities such as Dublin, Cork and Limerick left behind in a reversal of the current digital divide."

Now we have heard it will be rolled out by the end of 2016 , begin in 2016 and ESB's forst 50 towns include the towns named as being possibly overlooked , Dublin cork and limerick being left behind , LMFAO .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I've been keeping an eye on this map: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ for Edgeworthstown.
    Meant to be rolled out by the end of this year. It has now been pushed out till early next year. Very annoying.

marvin80 wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on this map: http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/ for Edgeworthstown.
    Meant to be rolled out by the end of this year. It has now been pushed out till early next year. Very annoying.

Chest Bump ! me too , alternate option for me , im moving !

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

The new Headford Co Galway efibre exchange was meant to have started last week as confirmed by eircom but now has been moved back to late summer!!!!!!
    They informed me that it was due to technical difficulties but i suspect they dont have enough people signed up or interested.
    Anyone really know whats going on????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just checked the efibre map and Kilnaleck (Co. Cavan) has nothing listed now. Two weeks ago it was scheduled for April - June 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

gazzer wrote: »
    Just checked the efibre map and Kilnaleck (Co. Cavan) has nothing listed now. Two weeks ago it was scheduled for April - June 2015

Have they still not updated that stupid map, its wrong.

Agh jesus christ lads, someone please tell me the the map @ http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ is ballox macroom just went blue for the exchange building ????

MRM1_E01

Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

This happened without any pre-schedule info's leading up to today . Is this a load of aul sh1te or is it real , as per all the complaints on maps being wrong ?

I just wet myself a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

dbit wrote: »

I just wet myself a little.

Ha! My exchange just went blue as well.... but I'm 2.5Km from it. No wetting here just yet as I fear I'm so near yet so far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

My area is now GREEN apparently, having no colour at all previously. The wholesale website shows no fibre cab installed. What's going on?

Aggh **** it anyway here was me thinking i was in for a treat and good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stupidskin

Same thing happened for Kilworth, up until a week ago it was scheduled for Apr-Jun but now it no longer has a colour. Has there been a big change in the rollout schedule?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

stupidskin wrote: »
    Same thing happened for Kilworth, up until a week ago it was scheduled for Apr-Jun but now it no longer has a colour. Has there been a big change in the rollout schedule?

The map is completely screwed up, it is saying places like Lauragh in Co. Kerry has eFibre and is now live. Lauragh exchange never even got ADSL and is backhaul fed by copper and can barely sustain a PSTN service never mind vDSL eFibre. Most of Leinster has turned green also, someone made a serious boo boo with the efibre map recently :D

Asians came last night and upgraded all our exchanges ! Whoop Whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dbit some days I have to wonder how much caffeine is in your diet....:pac:

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    dbit some days I have to wonder how much caffeine is in your diet....:pac:

Roughly 2-3 cups a day of hardcore Joe on of that instant sh1te.

Ed whats your take on this is this the resellers cost price or end user ?
    http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/news/FTTH_Pricing/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Roughly 2-3 cups a day of hardcore Joe on of that instant sh1te.

Ed whats your take on this is this the resellers cost price or end user ?
    http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/news/FTTH_Pricing/

Reasonable enough IMO. Expect the retail cost for gig to be €70/mo minimum, with GPON the capital costs are with eircom WS but day to day op costs are very much weighted towards line ops for CS, Transit, IPv4 space, sales and marketing.

Have installation fees been published? That'll make up a chunk of the contract if line ops have to absorb it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Asians came last night and upgraded all our exchanges ! Whoop Whoop.
    That's no way to talk about the nice folks at Huawei :D

Ok Eircom left all the exchanges in bowls of rice last night , then Asians came and "Fixed" all our exchanges to run real good and be really really good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

I complained to the Advertising Authority about this so called map - here's the response (Note: i had already mentioned the disclaimer in my complaint and had shown clearly that the map was grossly inaccurate not just one address where it wasn't available and another address accoss the street where it was avaliable, i was showing miles of expanse where it was maked as available - they ignored all of that naturally):

The function of the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland is to ensure that advertisers comply with the requirements of the Code of Standards for Advertising, Promotional and Direct Marketing in Ireland. We are prepared to investigate complaints concerning advertisements that may be considered to be in breach of the Code.
    The issue raised by you, is one which the Authority has investigated with eircom before. In previous cases eircom explained why some houses in the same locality couldavail of eFibre while others could not.

They said that their eFibre rollout plan was dictated by the location of the eircom exchange cabinet and how many homes could be efficiently served by that cabinet. It wasnot dictated by postal
    area or street address. That is why not all homes within a specific area or street may be fibre enabled at the same time.

It is for that reason they said that theyclearly state on their
    webpage that the map
    “is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service”
    To verify if a specific address is eFibre enabled, allusers are invited to enter their phone number or address into the
    line checkerprovided. This is the most precise way to determine whether or not a property is eFibre enabled.
    In view of the previousresponse from the advertisers we do not consider that there is a case for further investigation at this point in time.

We would, however, like to thank you
    for writing to us in the matter.

- What a complete waste of my tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

In fairness, it's a technical limitation of the map. The map doesn't take into account how the copper lines are run and their condition which may affect broadband availability to your house.
    I think before we had a crowdsourced map and most people are happy to use this instead.
    damienirel wrote: »
    - What a complete waste of my tax.

Except the ASAI is not government funded :rolleyes:

aphex™ wrote: »
    In fairness, it's a technical limitation of the map. The map doesn't take into account how the copper lines are run and their condition which may affect broadband availability to your house.
    I think before we had a crowdsourced map and most people are happy to use this instead.

Except the ASAI is not government funded :rolleyes:

-Copper lines can be measured in miles too?

- Who funds ASAI?

-Copper lines can be measured in miles too?
    They can but I think you underestimate the extent to which the legacy copper is jerryrigged around the country.
    - Who funds ASAI?
    It's a self regulating body of advertisers and therefore is funded by the advertising industry itself.

aphex™ wrote: »
    They can but I think you underestimate the extent to which the legacy copper is jerryrigged around the country.

It's a self regulating body of advertisers and therefore is funded by the advertising industry itself.

Well if they managed to waste that much copper they deserve to get it stolen off them.

Self regulation - that works well doesn't it. I guess they're doing a sterling job then!

• Advertisement

Aye, if you steal your neighbour's phone line then you can get his broadband, innit?

Advertisement