Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TooGood444

Ye guess i will give sky another ring.

Only joined them 3 months ago and they said fibre wasn't available

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

TooGood444 wrote: »
    Ye guess i will give sky another ring.

Only joined them 3 months ago and they said fibre wasn't available

Just put your number in here and I think it tells you for definite if you can get it regardless of your provider but I'm not sure because I don't have fibre yet :(
    https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TooGood444

Thanks all.

Live support said 50mb fibre was enabled and that site confirmed. Guess will speak to my provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭noc1980

My house went from being due live on the 13th of this month to 'available within 12 months' - Eir spend 18m on rebranding yet can't make an accurate website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Say you build a house...6 months is the estimate your given...now electrician is then backlogged by months due to going sick, called to another job, etc..then work has to stop...then the painter ran out of paint..an so on...total build time 12 months..

Would this be the case in the site showing different finish times..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Open Eir fibre rollout map updated @ http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

marno21 wrote: »
    Open Eir fibre rollout map updated @ http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/.

Is it just what's live that is updates or is there a way to check FTTH on it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

daraghwal wrote: »
    Is it just what's live that is updates or is there a way to check FTTH on it?

looks the same as it has for months, whats updated with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cabinet in our area is planed cabinet in the estate across the road is live. Is the roll out map the only place to see when a cabinet will be upgraded? Cabinet in question ADW1_E01

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Cabinet in our area is planed cabinet in the estate across the road is live. Is the roll out map the only place to see when a cabinet will be upgraded? Cabinet in question ADW1_E01

Yes.

And FYI thats an exchange not a cab (thus the E).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

jd wrote: »
    You don't need to go through eir to get your line installed. You should be able to do this through any of the retail telcos, though I hear sky don't seem too willing to arrange it. The actual installation would be done by openeir (eir wholesale)
    ED E wrote: »
    Eir - Do NLP (new line provides)
    Vodafone - Do NLP
    Sky - Newly do NLP IF you order TV too

Regarding Virgin:
    Probably your best bet, in D2 its very unlikely to be old 30Mb hardware and thus is generally a really strong service.

Thats interesting. I was just looking for broadband, but no bells and whistles and only Eir would do NLP. Vodafone said they couldnt do it for me. Sounded a bit weird their excuses actually..
    No line before.

Im wondering now if i had looked for all the bells and whistles, tv, phone hi spec bb, how many of them would be falling over themselves to provide a line! :eek::o

Sorry i missed that trick..!!! :mad::cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The following exchange cabinets were enabled in the last week:

(premises count in brackets)

Elphin, Co. Roscommon (254)
    Glanworth, Co. Cork (306)

Additional cabinets were enabled in:

Castlepollard, Co. Westmeath, cab 001, 003, 004 (519)
    Tramore, Co. Waterford, cab 005 (290)

A total of 1,620 premises were connected this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

An elderly relative of mine will soon have access to fibre. His Exchange in Tipperary, (CLH1_E01) is supposed to be live within 6 weeks. The broadband there is currently woeful in the evenings, any time I've visited it's under 1MB but better in the daytime, around 4MB.

He lives 3 Km from the exchange itself so I had a few questions.
    • What is the average speed for Eir Fibre any way?
    • Is the cabinet normally in the same place as the exchange (relevant for next question)
    • What is the likely speed he will get at 3 Km from the exchange?
    • Is his speed likely to drop in the evenings when the world and it's mother come online?
    • If so, by how much? Is it likely to be a lot? What speed could he expect at night versus daytime speeds?
    • Is there anything he can do with his current line and router right now to guestimate the speeds he might get from fibre?

I'm worried that he'll end up paying for a fibre contract that won't do anything for his internet speeds and I know that soon enough the eir sales people are likely to call him and pressure him into upgrading so would like some info in advance to help him make the best decision for him. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

He's too far from the exchange, evdsl is limited to about 1.5km. What exchange is it?

An elderly relative of mine...

In short:

He won't get efiber (VDSL). Won't reach, end of.
    If a blue line passes his house he may get FTTH by 2020
    In the meantime when those living in the village get off ADSL his speeds will become more consistent. They may NGN-ify the ADSL racks meaning full speed all the time (~8Mb) no slow downs or they may not (cases of that previously).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

jd wrote: »
    He's too far from the exchange, evdsl is limited to about 1.5km. What exchange is it?
    It's CLH1_E01, a place called Ballyclerihan, although locals call it Clerihan!
    ED E wrote: »
    In short:

He won't get efiber (VDSL). Won't reach, end of.
    If a blue line passes his house he may get FTTH by 2020
    In the meantime when those living in the village get off ADSL his speeds will become more consistent. They may NGN-ify the ADSL racks meaning full speed all the time (~8Mb) no slow downs or they may not (cases of that previously).
    Is there any chance that they will simply discontinue supporting ADSL to essentially force people onto efiber? Could they do that if it meant not replacing his service with something else?

Is there any chance that they will simply discontinue supporting ADSL to essentially force people onto efiber? Could they do that if it meant not replacing his service with something else?

Nope, they cant disconnect his phone line as its part of the USO so discontinuing ADSL just hurts their margins, doesn't cost much to keep the line cards ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

It's CLH1_E01, a place called Ballyclerihan, although locals call it Clerihan!

They can't force somebody to go onto a service (eir Fibre) that is simply not available to them. As ED_E mentions, if they left things as they are (for miniscule cost) then the service will continue as before (maybe slightly improve). If they NGN the exchange, then the service will improve dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Speaking of NGB, (slightly OT) Do Eir have equipment in the Exchange just for Eir customers to connect too? I have seen a dramatic improvement in up time, speed and line stability just from going from Vodafone to Eir. I was thinking it was all the same broadband but its 100% better and I dont have to reset the modem twice per day now. Any reason why?

god's toy wrote: »
    Speaking of NGB, (slightly OT) Do Eir have equipment in the Exchange just for Eir customers to connect too? I have seen a dramatic improvement in up time, speed and line stability just from going from Vodafone to Eir. I was thinking it was all the same broadband but its 100% better and I dont have to reset the modem twice per day now. Any reason why?

First guess is you were on an old rack and moving provider created a port order that bumped you. A package change with vodafone probably would have done the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just checked the maps there and the Blue Line doesn't pass my house. Fibre is due in the Area in the next few weeks.

As the line doesn't pass am I ruled out?

About 600m from the exchange

Just checked the maps there and the Blue Line doesn't pass my house. Fibre is due in the Area in the next few weeks.

As the line doesn't pass am I ruled out?

About 600m from the exchange

No, you should be ok for eFibre when it is enabled. The blue lines are for fibre to the home which won't be rolled out for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hako

Guys i want to ask you a question. im currently a Voda user but the cabinet next to where i live is enabled since Mid January. In eir website when i enter my address it says no info available for your address but if i put something close to where i live its only 12 MB allowed which i also have at the moment. Anyhow is there a legal timeframe for a cabinet to fully function after it was installed? And also if Eir provides efibre will i able to benefit that immediately as a Voda customer? A friend of mine was mentioning something like 3 months is the time that they have to start giving out signal from a live cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hanniffy1701

I live in the middle of no where and could not get broadband and we found digiweb and the speed is brilliant Sky tv gone with the speed no need and unlimited cost €60 per month with landline both mobile and home numbers and got 2 months free this year for renewal of contract incase some are in a blackspot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

I live in the middle of no where and could not get broadband and we found digiweb and the speed is brilliant Sky tv gone with the speed no need and unlimited cost €60 per month with landline both mobile and home numbers and got 2 months free this year for renewal of contract incase some are in a blackspot

What sort of speeds are you getting? Any installation costs or contract with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

New fiber cabinet was put down yesterday, right outside my driveway not even 20 meters. I can't believe my luck that I'm direct connected to the exchange. Is there anything I`ll be able to do? The exchange goes live the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hanniffy1701

BandMember wrote: »
    What sort of speeds are you getting? Any installation costs or contract with that?

Just done a test there and about 10 mbps compare to a max of 2 with eircom. No installation cost, 12 months and first 2 free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

New fiber cabinet was put down yesterday, right outside my driveway not even 20 meters. I can't believe my luck that I'm direct connected to the exchange. Is there anything I`ll be able to do? The exchange goes live the 11th
    Well go out with those donuts and cuppa teas...beg them to run copper the few meters to your house..doubt it will work though..hit them with a €200 note..lol

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks the same as it has for months, whats updated with it?
    Dates for the enabling of exchanges & cabinets are now provided for approx. the next 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

marno21 wrote: »
    Dates for the enabling of exchanges & cabinets are now provided for approx. the next 4 weeks.

Where did you see that? Any chance of a link? My county hasn't been updated on the fibre where and when map in months yet my exchange is supposed to be live within 6 weeks according to the map on the Eir site.... :confused:

Advertisement