Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

daraghwal wrote: »
    Do they just upgrade people from ADSL to ADSL2+ automatically when it becomes available?

I'm not sure. I was on a 6144kbps ADSL1 profile. I only noticed late last week that the modem was reporting ADSL2+ and my profile was 12xxxkpbs download /1117kbps upload. I was getting drop outs and the SNR was at 6dB. I rebooted and got 100xxkbps and a slightly better SNR of 6.5dB with no drop outs. These don't seem solid profile figures so I'm not sure if the profile is still set too high and my modem is correcting to a lower one to get a SNR above 6dB to limit the drop outs/resets.

So maybe they have only moved a few people over or didn't have complete ADSL2 racking for all the connections. My neighbour is still on the old ADSL1 profile settings, but that might change once the line is checked again and a new profile applied. (If it works like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Two scenarios:

ADSL2+ expansion rack installed: Your ISP must rebundle you to be moved.

ADSL2+ "Rehome" or "NGB rehome": Full rack is migrated to new LTs or higher profiles are just enabled on previously locked down racks.

MBSnr you've been pushed up to the prequal value (best case result) then your modem is brokering to the SNR target of 6dB. At different times of the day it will sync at different rates and will stick there until it drops. IFIWY you I'd check everything internal is optimal and then have them lock you back to 10_1 or 9_1. Does the prequal on the digiweb checker spit out 12 or 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

ED E wrote: »
    Does the prequal on the digiweb checker spit out 12 or 15?

I plugged directly into the master socket (face plate removed) and I also got the same SNR 6.5dB figure and the line didn't sync any higher either.

Looks like the change has only just happened as Digiweb is out of date.

Exchange Code: Unknown

DSL Enabled: Yes - 6 MB

NGB Enabled: No

Fibre Enabled: No

LLU Enabled: No

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The following exchange cabinets were enabled in the last week:

(premises count in brackets)

Ballydehob, Co. Cork (212)
    Laurencetown, Co. Galway (116)
    Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny (450)
    Mullinavat, Co. Kilkenny (217)
    Tubrid, Co. Kilkenny (63)
    Kilmore, Co. Roscommon (58)
    Ardfinnan, Co. Tipperary (339)
    Clogheen, Co. Tipperary (344)
    Curracloe, Co. Wexford (143)

Additional cabinets were enabled in:

Goresbridge, Co. Kilkenny, cab 015, (35)
    Oldcastle, Co. Meath, cab 002 & 003 (336)
    Rooskey, Co. Roscommon, cab 003 (103)

A total of 2,635 premises were enabled this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Question, Is it normal for your account and/or phone line to be terminated in order to be moved from adsl to efibre?

It happened to me (still no broadband here) but I am now hearing stories of it happening to other people, whats up there?

Bugs me you have to get a guy out to 'put a line in' thats already there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

god's toy wrote: »
    Question, Is it normal for your account and/or phone line to be terminated in order to be moved from adsl to efibre?

It happened to me (still no broadband here) but I am now hearing other stories of it happening to other people, whats up there?

Bugs me you have to get a guy out to 'put a line in' thats already there...

Actually the consumer guy on the Anton Savage show this week mentioned somebody had an issue with changing their telephony package with eir. It seemed the new call package they went to was set up on a new "system" and so it considered the customer a "new" customer (despite being with Eircom/eir for 16 years) and therefore treated them differently. It caused all sorts of trouble for the customer.

Maybe the same is happening on the Broadband front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No it's not normal. Your adsl service and phone should remain until the engineer calls out to install efiber, it takes 1-2 hours.

I've read a few stories on the eir forum saying peoples account got canceled when they shouldn't have after ordering efibre...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Actually the consumer guy on the Anton Savage show this week mentioned somebody had an issue with changing their telephony package with eir. It seemed the new call package they went to was set up on a new "system" and so it considered the customer a "new" customer (despite being with Eircom/eir for 16 years) and therefore treated them differently. It caused all sorts of trouble for the customer.

Maybe the same is happening on the Broadband front?
    No it's not normal. Your adsl service and phone should remain until the engineer calls out to install efiber, it takes 1-2 hours.

I've read a few stories on the eir forum saying peoples account got canceled when they shouldn't have after ordering efibre...

Thanks guys, Its so odd as I had to set up the DD from the bank and everything. They are telling me I wont have broadband until the guy comes to install the line (16th June) thats already there! after he's done the next guy has to come along with the efiber router and lord knows how long that will be.

It better be worth it, seeing as it's only an increase of 5mb down and 3 up cos im so far away from the exchange anyway.

I'll have a listen to ole Anton

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

god's toy wrote: »

Nope, somebody botched the order. It **may** be a telesales rep trying to increase their commission by making you a new signup vs an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

You should not lose service. Eir are in the process of moving customers off their old (1980s) billing system, and when you migrate to nga you will be be set up on new system. There is a migration process for this, it should not be a cease of old and provide of new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

marno21 wrote: »
    Map updated @ http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/.

Exchange dates now available up to 29 June, and rough dates for the first FTTH connections are also up.

Where on this link are people seeing dates or timescales? All I can see are bubbles indicating cabinets that are planned, almost finished or already live. My aunt is on a blue line in Donegal and I can't see any indication of dates. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Where on this link are people seeing dates or timescales? All I can see are bubbles indicating cabinets that are planned, almost finished or already live. My aunt is on a blue line in Donegal and I can't see any indication of dates. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

You're in the right place but on the map you have to click "all" at the side to add in more pointers with detailed information for the main exchanges. Your Aunts exchange is the one the blue line leads back to from her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

daraghwal wrote: »
    You're in the right place but on the map you have to click "all" at the side to add in more pointers with detailed information for the main exchanges. Your Aunts exchange is the one the blue line leads back to from her house.

Thanks for your help. From what I can see tracing back the blue line, her exchange is Lifford. I can't see anywhere to click on the map to indicate when Lifford will enable the 'blue line' for fibre? Maybe that information is somewhere else?
    I asked on another thread and I understand this has nothing to do with the cabinets, as her nearest planned cabinet is 2.7kms away and, therefore, not a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. From what I can see tracing back the blue line, her exchange is Lifford. I can't see anywhere to click on the map to indicate when Lifford will enable the 'blue line' for fibre? Maybe that information is somewhere else?

Click on the "balloon" for the exchange
    500 premises in this exchange can now access up to 70Mb/s fibre broadband. Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is Autumn/ Winter 2016

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The following exchange cabinets were enabled in the last week:

(premises count in brackets)

Killerig Cross, Co. Carlow (131)
    Ballinaclashet, Co. Cork (41)
    Durrus, Co. Cork (214)
    Gort, Co. Galway (772)
    Camp, Co. Kerry (131)
    Moone, Co. Kildare (115)
    Crettyard, Co. Louth (104)
    Drumsna, Co. Leitrim (182)
    Ballingarry, Co. Limerick (261)
    Rathkeale, Co. Limerick (526)
    Ayle, Co. Mayo (42)
    Louisburgh, Co. Mayo (465)
    Duncormick, Co. Wexford (184)
    Killurin, Co. Wexford (145)

Additional cabinets were enabled in:

Ballincollig, Co. Cork, cab 008 (171)
    Castlefin, Co. Donegal, cab 001 (86)
    Falcarragh, Co. Donegal, cab 003 (81)
    Dundalk (Blackrock), Co. Louth, cab 013 (20)
    Oldcastle, Co. Meath, cab 005 (48)

A total of 4,200 premises were enabled this week.

Exchanges awaiting eFibre in Munster:
    Exchanges left to be done in Munster:

Clare:

Ballyalla
    Bridgetown
    Clonlara
    Cooraclare (22/6)
    Doonbeg (22/6)
    Ennistymon
    Feakle
    Kilfenora
    Lahinch
    Lisdoonvarna
    Milltown Malbay
    Mullagh
    Quin (22/6)
    Scarriff

Cork:
    Adrigole
    Aherla
    Ashmount
    Ballingeary
    Ballinspittle (29/6)
    Ballydesmond
    Ballygarvan
    Baltimore
    Boherbue (29/6)
    Castletownbere
    Clonakilty West
    Coachford (29/6)
    Cork Airport
    Cork Airport Industrial Estate
    Crookstown
    Donoughmore
    Eyeries
    Farmers Cross
    Glengarriff (29/6)
    Inchigeelah
    Inishannon (29/6)
    Killinadrish
    Kilnamartya
    Knocknagree
    Leap
    Macroom West
    Mallow AEH
    Milford
    Minane Bridge (29/6)
    Newtownshandrum
    Raffeen
    Rushbrooke
    Rylane
    Schull

Kerry:
    Ballyheigue
    Faha Cross
    Kells (29/6)
    Lixnaw
    Milltown
    Moyvane (29/6)
    Rathmore
    Waterville

Limerick:
    Abbeyfeale
    Ardagh
    Athea
    Bruff
    Bruree
    Capppamore
    Castlemahon
    Doon (22/6)
    Dromcollogher
    Effin
    Fedamore
    Hospital
    Kilfinane
    Knocklong
    Martinstown
    Murroe
    Pallaskenry (22/6)

Tipperary:
    Ballinderry
    Dromin
    Kilcommom
    Rearcross
    Hollyford
    Cappawhite
    Oola
    Lattin (29/6)
    Bansha (22/6)
    New Inn
    Ballylooby
    Grange
    Newcastle
    Newcastle Village
    Kilsheelin
    Clerihan (29/6)
    Killenaule
    Gortnahoe

Waterford:
    Ballymacarbry
    Waterford Airport

TOTALS:
    Clare: 15
    Cork: 34
    Kerry: 8
    Limerick: 16
    Tipperary: 18
    Waterford: 2

Total Munster: 93

Exchanges awaiting eFibre in Ulster:

Donegal:
    Creeslough
    Doire Chonnaire
    Dunfanaghy
    Killen
    Laghy
    Linsford

Monaghan:
    Scotstown
    Stranooden

Totals:
    Cavan: 0
    Donegal: 6
    Monaghan: 2

Total Ulster: 8

Exchanges awaiting eFibre in Connaught:

Galway:
    Ardrahan (29/6)
    Ballmore
    Ballygar
    Carnmore
    Clonbur
    Cregmore
    Ferrybridge
    Furbo
    Kinvara
    Lettermore
    Newbridge
    Roscahill (22/6)
    Roscam
    Williamstown

Leitrim:
    Aughnacliffe (22/6)
    Carrigallen
    Cloone
    Drumlish
    Glenfarne
    Kinlough
    Leitrim Village
    Rossinver

Mayo:
    Ballindine
    Ballycastle
    Belmullet
    Carrowmorelacken
    Cloonagh
    Glenamoy
    Laherdane
    Newport

Roscommon:
    Ballynoe
    Castleplunkett
    Fourmilehouse

Sligo:
    Ballintogher
    Ballygawley
    Calry
    Coolaney
    Dromahair
    Dromard
    Rosses Point

TOTALS:
    Galway: 14
    Leitrim: 8
    Mayo: 8
    Roscommon: 3
    Sligo: 7
    Total Connaught: 40

Exchanges awaiting eFibre in Leinster:

Carlow:
    Ardattin (29/6)
    Rathvilly:

Dublin:
    Dublin Airport
    Farmleigh
    Heuston South Quarter

Kilkenny:
    Castlecomer (22/6)
    Cuffsgrange
    Freshford (22/6)
    Inistioge (22/6)
    Johnstown (22/6)
    Knocktopher
    Loughboy
    Oldtown

Laois:
    Clonaslee

Longford:
    Ballinalee
    Edgeworthstown (22/6)
    Killashee

Louth:
    Tullyallen

Meath:
    Bohermeen
    Hill of Down
    Kilmainham Wood
    Longwood

Offaly:
    Ballinagar
    Ferbane
    Gracefield
    Kilcormac
    Killeigh (22/6)
    Mucklagh
    Gracefield

Westmeath:
    Kilbeggan
    Milltownpass

Wexford:
    Barntown
    Beechgrove
    Blackwater
    Castlebridge
    Killinick (22/6)
    Kilmuckridge
    Kilmore Quay
    Oulart

Wicklow:
    Donard
    Dunlavin
    Glencullen
    Kiltegan
    Powerscourt

Totals:
    Carlow: 2
    Dublin: 3
    Kilkenny: 8
    Laois: 1
    Longford: 3
    Louth: 1
    Meath: 4
    Offaly: 7
    Wexford: 8
    Wicklow: 5
    Westmeath: 3
    Total Leinster: 45

TOTAL IRELAND: 186

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Kilkenny:
    Castlecomer (22/6)
    Cuffsgrange
    Freshford (22/6)
    Inistioge (22/6)
    Johnstown (22/6)
    Knocktopher
    Loughboy
    Oldtown

TOTAL IRELAND: 186
    Marno21, are you saying knocktopher is getting FTTC right before getting FTTH?
    What then about Kells?

• Advertisement

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Marno21, are you saying knocktopher is getting FTTC right before getting FTTH?
    What then about Kells?
    Yes, Knocktopher is getting FTTC soon and FTTH in Autumn/Winter

Kells, listed as Ceannanus, has FTTC services and will have FTTH services in Winter 2016.

Yes, Knocktopher is getting FTTC soon and FTTH in Autumn/Winter

Kells, listed as Ceannanus, has FTTC services and will have FTTH services in Winter 2016.
    I'm talking about Kells, Kilkenny..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Exchanges awaiting eFibre in Ulster:

Donegal:
    Creeslough
    Doire Chonnaire
    Dunfanaghy
    Killen
    Laghy
    Linsford

Monaghan:
    Scotstown
    Stranooden

Totals:
    Cavan: 0
    Derry: 6
    Monaghan: 2

Total Ulster: 8

Any idea on lead in times?
    PS Donegal instead of Derry

Any idea on lead in times?
    PS Donegal instead of Derry

Cheers, did too much in one go!

No times bar the ones listed for June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

I see my local exchange Linsfort has been pushed back again to Autumn. Don't know how this charade is allowed to continue. Nonsense.

I see my local exchange Linsfort has been pushed back again to Autumn. Don't know how this charade is allowed to continue. Nonsense.
    They have every exchange not being done in the month of June down as Autumn. You could be turned on in 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

They have every exchange not being done in the month of June down as Autumn. You could be turned on in 3 weeks time.

Just wondering, what exactly are you basing this on? Is it speculation or do you know something more concrete? C'mon then - 'fess up!! :D

BandMember wrote: »
    Just wondering, what exactly are you basing this on? Is it speculation or do you know something more concrete? C'mon then - 'fess up!! :D

Check my list above, open eir have indicated no dates beyond June 29th. So either they are going on a huge holiday for the month of July or they just haven't published the dates for July yet and are indicating Autumn as a general date for everyone.

Hang in there it shouldn't be too longer!

Marno21 you still haven't answered my query re Kells..as in Kells in Kilkenny not Kells in Co.Meath...
    Kells in Kilkenny does not have FTTC services..
    Oh and I have just seen blue line now extended to dunnamaggan...

• Advertisement

Advertisement