Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

emy50 wrote: »
    :mad:
    disappointed but not surprised

I was on the verge of signing up for a broadband plan 18 months ago on a promise from a Eir sales person that Fibre would land in the area in Jan/Feb 2015, so glad I didn't!

At this rate is could be 2017 before Fibre is delivered
    It shouldn't be too long. Oilgate main exchange was only enabled very recently so it shouldn't be more than 1-2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

marno21 wrote: »
    It shouldn't be too long. Oilgate main exchange was only enabled very recently so it shouldn't be more than 1-2 months.

Ferns main exchange was enabled 2/3/16 and I seen the other day they put down the cabinet 001 up the road. Still no word on a go live date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

daraghwal wrote: »
    Ferns main exchange was enabled 2/3/16 and I seen the other day they put down the cabinet 001 up the road. Still no word on a go live date!
    Ferns is live....feeding 540 premises....

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

pegasus1 wrote: »
    daraghwal wrote: »
    Ferns is live....feeding 540 premises....

I meant no go live date for 001

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

funnyname wrote: »
    Original data from the sitting room, latest data from the main access point (white box with separate points for BB and phone) in the hall

Take out any phones you have, reboot and check stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 coffeeJohn92

Have a 7mb/s fibre connection, our house is 1800m from the local exchange.

A new cab is to go live which is 1100-1200m away. This second VDSL cab, would that make the exchange vector enabled?

Not exactly sure how vectoring works, but I've read that it extends the max range of Fibre, from 1500m to 2000m. Is this correct?

If so when that cab goes live would our line see any speed increase? Would we have to call Eir(com) to get connected to this new cab, if thats even possoble?

If anyone could help would be great, Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Have a 7mb/s fibre connection, our house is 1800m from the local exchange.

A new cab is to go live which is 1100-1200m away. This second VDSL cab, would that make the exchange vector enabled?

Not exactly sure how vectoring works, but I've read that it extends the max range of Fibre, from 1500m to 2000m. Is this correct?

If so when that cab goes live would our line see any speed increase? Would we have to call Eir(com) to get connected to this new cab, if thats even possoble?

If anyone could help would be great, Thank you.

If you are actually connected to the exchange and you are 1800m from it, then the exchange is already vectored (it's one of very few that are). You're right - without vectoring the range is limited to 1500m.

When the cab goes live, will make no difference to you, as you're not connected to it. I don't believe they will connect you if you ask them.

Can you post your router statistics, in particular the downstream attenuation. We can get a proper idea of your line length from that.

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    If you are actually connected to the exchange and you are 1800m from it, then the exchange is already vectored (it's one of very few that are). You're right - without vectoring the range is limited to 1500m.

When the cab goes live, will make no difference to you, as you're not connected to it. I don't believe they will connect you if you ask them.

Can you post your router statistics, in particular the downstream attenuation. We can get a proper idea of your line length from that.

Router stats are as follows

Connection: ITU G.992.1(G.DMT)
    Speed: 7168 kbps/512 kbps
    Line Attenuation(Down/Up): 26.5 dB/ 16.5 dB
    Noise Margin: 15.5 dB/ 22.0 dB

As I said our line is a Fibre connection, at least thats what the Eir reps and tech support guys have told me a number of times over the past year.

Going on my router stats what speed would we get on a ADSL2+ line? and is there a way to find out if our exchange has that option.

Cheers for the help

Router stats are as follows

As I said our line is a Fibre connection, at least thats what the Eir reps and tech support guys have told me a number of times over the past year.

Going on my router stats what speed would we get on a ADSL2+ line? and is there a way to find out if our exchange has that option.

Cheers for the help

You're on ADSL no "fibre" (VDSL/eVDSL). That means that new cab may be applicable to your line.

ED E wrote: »
    You're on ADSL no "fibre" (VDSL/eVDSL). That means that new cab may be applicable to your line.

Hey ED E, cheers for the reply. Well we signed up to the Fibre deal about a year ago, so our account is Fibre.
    But ofc Eir just lie through there teeth, been saying since then that our line is 100% fibre and 7mb is the max we can get.

Would you know what speed we could get say if and when that cab goes live?
    If we stuck with our current setup, or would we have to call Eir and be put on hold/transfered for about 30mins untill we chat to someone who has any clue what their talking about.

If this cab goes live would that mean vectoring would be enabled to out exchange and we could get a higher speed?

• Advertisement

2KM bang on from the exchange. You ordered eFibre, but they've never jumpered you to it I suspect. The eFibre modems are ADSL capable too so it just connected with what it was given.

The Cabinet in question is FXD1_001. This cab has been at 'Within 1 Year' status for about 12-14 months on the Eir.ie site.

The exchange: BARRICKS RD (ASUMPTA PLACE)
    FXD1_001: 800M away further into town.

Assuming that cab does service you (only gonna happen if you live west of the Moy) then 1200m to it adds up. In that case you can expect between 20 and 30Mb VDSL. You will have to order an upgrade as while their customer care may say you're on fibre you're not.

Assuming that cab does service you (only gonna happen if you live west of the Moy) then 1200m to it adds up. In that case you can expect between 20 and 30Mb VDSL. You will have to order an upgrade as while their customer care may say you're on fibre you're not.

ED E, thanks for your help. I guess the only thing I can do is wait till that cab goes live and see if anything can be done. If not then its 2020 till any speed upgrade will happen.

Hopefully Imagine LTE aren't a complete disaster when they finally come to this area.

Cheers again ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭emy50

Eir have been promising live in 6 weeks for well over 6 weeks now?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

emy50 wrote: »
    Eir have been promising live in 6 weeks for well over 6 weeks now?

That map is grossly inaccurate, use http://www.fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

That map is grossly inaccurate, use http://www.fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when instead

How do I acurately figure out when I can get fibre at my address?

I'm not on a blue line and the Exchange I am connected to is fibre live.

The nearest cabinet to me that is fibre ready is 1.5km straight line distance from me and 2.1km actual.

Probably quite a while before I'll be fibre at my address?

Wing126 wrote: »
    How do I acurately figure out when I can get fibre at my address?

I'm not on a blue line and the Exchange I am connected to is fibre live.

The nearest cabinet to me that is fibre ready is 1.5km straight line distance from me and 2.1km actual.

Probably quite a while before I'll be fibre at my address?
    Have you tried putting your home phone number (or a neighbours if you have your line disconnected) into the line checker?

http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/

Have you tried putting your home phone number (or a neighbours if you have your line disconnected) into the line checker?

http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/

Showing a max of 4mb.

Showing a max of 4mb.
    Which exchange is it if you don't mind me asking?

There could be another cabinet closer to you that may be enabled in the future, otherwise you will be marked for intervention under the National Broadband Plan. Sorry to hear, if so.

Which exchange is it if you don't mind me asking?

There could be another cabinet closer to you that may be enabled in the future, otherwise you will be marked for intervention under the National Broadband Plan. Sorry to hear, if so.

BSZ_E01 is the main exchange. Nearest cabinet to me is BSZ_009. As far as I can see all the cabinets nearby are fibre enabled.

If I'm marked for intervention under the NBP what does that actually mean?

Edit: I am marked for Intervention...

BSZ_E01 is the main exchange. Nearest cabinet to me is BSZ_009. As far as I can see all the cabinets nearby are fibre enabled.

Unfortunately, Bettystown (BSZ) has no additional cabinets to be enabled & has no premises for open eir's 2017-2020 FTTH rollout.

Details haven't been clarified on the NBP plan yet, but keep an eye on this thread here, as all discussion on the NBP will take place in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057332672

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

If a house is on a blue line due for ftth in Autumn/Winter 2016, does it mean that whenever that exchange is fiber enabled/connected for ftth, it will be available to every house on all the blue lines from that exchange?

For example, I notice on the Lifford exchange information that they mention 550 homes for ftth? If there are more than 550 homes on the various blue lines coming from the main exchange, how will they decide who gets chosen? I know that there are 2 new cabinets to be enabled shortly, so that may cover a good percentage of households before ftth arrives, but I'm still left wondering how it will all be allocated.

My aunt's house is roughly 2.7kms from the exchange on a blue line - is there a chance she may not get ftth at all?

RoYoBo wrote: »
    If a house is on a blue line due for ftth in Autumn/Winter 2016, does it mean that whenever that exchange is fiber enabled/connected for ftth, it will be available to every house on all the blue lines from that exchange?

For example, I notice on the Lifford exchange information that they mention 550 homes for ftth? If there are more than 550 homes on the various blue lines coming from the main exchange, how will they decide who gets chosen? I know that there are 2 new cabinets to be enabled shortly, so that may cover a good percentage of households before ftth arrives, but I'm still left wondering how it will all be allocated.

My aunt's house is roughly 2.7kms from the exchange on a blue line - is there a chance she may not get ftth at all?

They have picked 100000 homes and only given us the number per exchange, not the specific houses just a vague number.

If a house is on a blue line it seems to indicate that they will be part of open eir's 2017-2020 rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Thanks, after a couple of calls, now on a profile of 7Mb so a good improvement on the pre fibre update of exchange.

No blue lines from our exchange but it is mentioned as one that will be updated to FTTH during 2017-20 so hopefully not too much longer to wait!
    MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    A tiny improvement on the earlier one. Reboot did SFA really.

I'd log a call - maybe mention there's crackling on the line, it should get a proper engineer type to look at it.
    Take out any phones you have, reboot and check stats.

The following exchange cabinets were enabled in the last week:

(premises count in brackets)

Bray, Co. Wicklow (1290)
    Bruff, Co. Limerick (391)
    Cappamore, Co. Limerick (433)
    Clonlara, Co. Clare (106)
    Cregmore, Co. Galway (229)
    Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare (356)
    Rathmore, Co. Kerry (274)
    Scotstown, Co. Monaghan (196)
    Williamstown, Co. Galway (200)

Additional cabinets were enabled in:
    Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo, cab 003 (59)
    Beaufort, Co. Kerry, cab 004 (44)
    Glendalough, Co. Wicklow, cab 002 (76)
    Knock, Co Mayo, cab 002 (143)

A total of 4,250 premises were enabled in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

How do you find out that you are marked for intervention?

AidenL wrote: »
    How do you find out that you are marked for intervention?

If you don't currently have 30Mb available to you, you're marked for intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If you don't currently have 30Mb available to you, you're marked for intervention.

That is hardly the case ...... lots of cabs still to be enabled ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Yes and lots of blue lines for ftth. NBP will kick in after all of that.

If you live next door to a half built cab:
    You are currently in an NBP intervention area
    As soon as OpenEir turn that cab on you're removed from the intervention area

The Dept dont put much stake in Eircom Groups plans, a lesson well learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Looks like they have done some updates to the FibreRollout map.

My local exchange to get activated on the 10th of August :)

Is it wirth ringing Vodafone to put in an order now or should I wait until the 10th?

Advertisement