Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

rob808 wrote: »
    no FTTC he probably in a vector area which is upto 100mb were as yours upto 70mb.If he was on FTTH the starting package would be 150mb and next 300mb and finally the highest begin 1Gb.

I was told I was in an area of up to 100Mbps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I would say best ring them and see why you can't get better speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The area may be up to 100 but each line is its own. If you're 800m or more from the cab 40Mb makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Paully D wrote: »
    So just to update, I got it! :D

Engineer arrived very promptly this morning and I was up and running about 30 minutes later.

I've now gone from 2.5mbps to a stable 95mpbs. It's like a different world.

I hope everyone else awaiting theirs gets sorted in the near future. Trust me, if I can get it my location, anything is possible.

I won't anyway ha been stuck on 1.3 mb for nearly 10 years now, seen that blue line map and stops 100 metres before my house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

ED E wrote: »
    The area may be up to 100 but each line is its own. If you're 800m or more from the cab 40Mb makes sense.
    I'm 222 metres from the main road - where the fibre is passing along (I'm at the end of an estate of 30 houses). I'm 500 metres from the cabinet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm 222 metres from the main road - where the fibre is passing along (I'm at the end of an estate of 30 houses). I'm 500 metres from the cabinet.

Add in a little for weird cable routes and that isnt too far off. You can get your line stats from your modem and post them for review if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

see imagine lte is out now in Carlow and rural areas....is it anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

markmurphy wrote: »
    see imagine lte is out now in Carlow and rural areas....is it anygood?

Go have a look at this informative thread on the subject.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The following exchange cabinets were enabled in the last week:

Mucklagh, Co. Offaly (82)

Additional cabinets were enabled in:

Ardfinnan, Co. Tipperary, cab 001 (106)
    Ballineen, Co. Cork, cab 001 (101)
    Borris, Co. Carlow, cab 004 (60)
    Callan, Co. Kilkenny, cab 004 (74)
    Clonlara, Co. Clare, cab 003 (133)
    Ferrybank, Co. Waterford, cab 005 (257)
    Milltown, Co. Galway, cab 001 (125)
    Rathmore, Co. Kerry, cab 002 (176)
    Ravensdale, Co. Louth, cab xxx (106)

A total of 1,442 premises were enabled this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Gonzo wrote: »
    at 2km from the cabinet you will get a 7meg download and 1 meg upload, but only if you are directly connected to that cabinet. If you are connected directly to the exchange then you will have to stay on what you have now.

As for the rural FTTH, nowhere is live for that yet. It's still in the process of development, the first 100,000 homes/premise will be switched on over the next 10 months or so, If your exchange is listed then you should have FTTH by next March/April if the blue line is running directly past your gate. https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/eir-reveals-first-100k-rural-locations-to-get-1gbps-broadband

list of Cork exchanges for rural FTTH by next March/April:
    Cobh 420
    Midleton 530
    Youghal 330
    Blarney 510
    Carrigtwohill 460
    Crosshaven 140
    Ringaskiddy 160
    Macroom West 130
    Whitegate 840
    Ballyclough 510
    Kildorrery 660
    Ballincollig 450
    Carrigaline 300

Hi there do you know what Areas of Macroom will avail of the service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Hi there do you know what Areas of Macroom will avail of the service?

Go to http://www.openeir.ie/Our_Network/#nga-map
    Zoom in to the area you are interested in. Where the blue lines are drawn is where Openeir plan to deploy FTTH.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Map updated @ www.fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when

* ~340 premises in Farmleigh, Dublin were enabled on September 7th (not included in the updates for some reason)

What's left?

Munster:
    Cork: Clonakilty West, Cork Airport, Cork Airport Industrial Estate, Farmers Cross (12/10), Mallow AEH Yard, Rushbrooke (12/10)
    Kerry: Faha Cross, Milltown (12/10)
    Limerick: Castlemahon, Fedamore, Hospital, Kilfinane (21/9), Knocklong
    Waterford: Waterford Airport
    Clare: Ballyalla, Bridgetown, Bunratty, Mullagh, Milltown Malbay, O'Briensbridge
    Tipperary: Ballylooby, Cappawhite, Kilcommon, New Inn, Newcastle Village, Rearcross

Connacht:
    Galway: Carnmore, Kinvara, Roscam
    Mayo: Belmullet, Cloonagh, Glenamoy, Laherdane (28/9), Newport
    Roscommon: Fourmilehouse (21/9), Hodson Bay (21/9)
    Sligo: Ballygawley, Calry, Coolaney, Dromard
    Leitrim: Carrigallen, Cloone (5/10), Glenfarne, Kinlough, Rossinver

Ulster:
    Donegal: Doire Chonnaire (5/10), Killen (21/9), Linsfort (21/9)

Leinster:
    Wexford: Barntown, Beechgrove, Castlebridge
    Dublin: Dublin Airport, Heuston South Quarter
    Kilkenny: Loughboy
    Louth: Tullyallen
    Westmeath: Milltownpass
    Longford: Killashee, Drumlish
    Wicklow: Glencullen, Powerscourt
    Offaly: Ballinagar
    Meath: Bohermeen, Hill of Down, Longwood (12/10)

Rollouts in Cavan, Monaghan, Kildare, Carlow and Laois have been completed.

Plans for FTTC rollout in Ballymacarbry, Co. Waterford and Gracefield, Co. Offaly appear to have been abandoned:

TOTALS:
    Munster: 26
    Connacht: 19
    Ulster: 3
    Leinster: 16
    Total: 64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Not including all the extra cabinets to be added to exchanges like the one in Doon for example. The extra ones in the Oola and Tipperary town areas are pretty important too since whole villages are waiting on them. At the rate we're waiting I don't see the FTTC rollout being actually completed until next year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

At the rate we're waiting I don't see the FTTC rollout being actually completed until next year.

and the knock on effect of that is further delay in FTTH rollout. At this stage i'd rather they just spend another month completing as many of the cabs as possible. There seems to be very little action anywhere over past 4 weeks with only small numbers of cabs completed (still 64 to go) and very little if any FTTH activity.

The new updated map has October live dates for FTTC but no October dates for FTTH were added. Oldcastle,Ballyfarnan, Youghal, Ballyboden and Killinick are due to go live on 28th September but without any projected FTTH dates for October we have to wait for November for the next batch to hopefully go live.

The next update to dates could be Friday 30th September, hopefully a few more exchanges will be listed for end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Hmmm..

Mullagh in Clare....

Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services is Spring 2017.
    Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is H2'2017

:confused::rolleyes:

The new updated map has October live dates for FTTC but no October dates for FTTH were added.

Rahan in Offaly has been given a live date of 12 October for FTTH.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Rahan in Offaly has been given a live date of 12 October for FTTH.

I hope OpenEir's planned new Fiber map gets rolled out very soon and color coded to easily identify what lines are being worked on and how soon till live. It takes some time to go through all the exchanges in the current map.

I hope OpenEir's planned new Fiber map gets rolled out very soon and color coded to easily identify what lines are being worked on and how soon till live. It takes some time to go through all the exchanges in the current map.

Yeah it is a bit of a joke. They don't even keep the same naming convention so it makes sorting it even more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

marno21 wrote: »
    What's left?

Munster:
    Cork: Clonakilty West, Cork Airport, Cork Airport Industrial Estate, Farmers Cross (12/10), Mallow AEH Yard, Rushbrooke (12/10)
    Kerry: Faha Cross, Milltown (12/10)
    Limerick: Castlemahon, Fedamore, Hospital, Kilfinane (21/9), Knocklong
    Waterford: Waterford Airport
    Clare: Ballyalla, Bridgetown, Bunratty, Mullagh, Milltown Malbay, O'Briensbridge
    Tipperary: Ballylooby, Cappawhite, Kilcommon, New Inn, Newcastle Village, Rearcross

Connacht:
    Galway: Carnmore, Kinvara, Roscam
    Mayo: Belmullet, Cloonagh, Glenamoy, Laherdane (28/9), Newport
    Roscommon: Fourmilehouse (21/9), Hodson Bay (21/9)
    Sligo: Ballygawley, Calry, Coolaney, Dromard
    Leitrim: Carrigallen, Cloone (5/10), Glenfarne, Kinlough, Rossinver

Ulster:
    Donegal: Doire Chonnaire (5/10), Killen (21/9), Linsfort (21/9)

Leinster:
    Wexford: Barntown, Beechgrove, Castlebridge
    Dublin: Dublin Airport, Heuston South Quarter
    Kilkenny: Loughboy
    Louth: Tullyallen
    Westmeath: Milltownpass
    Longford: Killashee, Drumlish
    Wicklow: Glencullen, Powerscourt
    Offaly: Ballinagar
    Meath: Bohermeen, Hill of Down, Longwood (12/10)

Rollouts in Cavan, Monaghan, Kildare, Carlow and Laois have been completed.

Plans for FTTC rollout in Ballymacarbry, Co. Waterford and Gracefield, Co. Offaly appear to have been abandoned:

TOTALS:
    Munster: 26
    Connacht: 19
    Ulster: 3
    Leinster: 16
    Total: 64

My local exchange in Linsfort Co. Donegal hasn't been touched so I don't know how they are coming up with 21 September. A rural area with most of the houses outside 2km radius, mine included.

• Advertisement

First wednesday in ages that there is no update...They must all be at the ploughing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

Well the Eir guys on their stand didnt have an idea about whats going on regarding FTTH, just trotting out the usual garbage.

WexIan wrote: »
    Well the Eir guys on their stand didnt have an idea about whats going on regarding FTTH, just trotting out the usual garbage.

they are passing 1,000 lines this month, this Eir rep insisted that they will have passed the remaining 299,000 lines by Summer 2017. Crazy stuff, BT in the UK couldn't even do that. A more realistic figure would be 40,000 to 50,000 by July 2017 and the remaining 50k of phase one into early 2018.

Maybe there is something we don't know, like an imminent huge increase in manpower.

WexIan wrote: »
    Openeir don't tell eir what the plans are so yeah they will tell a farmer...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Openeir don't tell eir what the plans are

Yet another reason we're waiting for proper broadband across this small country in 2016.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there any way to contact open eir directly regarding your line? I'm in a fibre area but can't get fibre and I would like to know why. Eir's reps won't give straight answers.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there any way to contact open eir directly regarding your line? I'm in a fibre area but can't get fibre and I would like to know why. Eir's reps won't give straight answers.
    Here's a quick answer....NO :P

You are probably too far, from cabinet/exchange...

not a chance, even when they are working on the road and you ask them something they gave no information away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

I'm in a fibre area

What does that even mean? Generally speaking if you can't get it an eircom rep is the last person that will help you to get it. I've been waiting for 3 years for fttc 1 year so far and still counting for ftth. Just hope I don't get any serious illness or car crash or whatever before I get to experience faster interwebs. :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Here's a quick answer....NO :P

You are probably too far, from cabinet/exchange...

400m as the crow flies and 600m along the road. Closer than some other houses in the estate which can get fibre. It's semi detached and the house attached to it can get fibre according to Vodafone and eir's line checkers though only 7mb, house ether side and across the road all get 60mb.

Advertisement