Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prime Time : FAI Special

• 05-04-2013 11:10am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did any one see this last night? I only saw maybe 60 seconds but as I had my allotted football viewing time for the week I had to move on.

They seemed to be investigating a €5m piece of unexplained expenditure related to Landsdowne Road.

Any one have any more details?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It was described as "good accounting practice",love to know who it went to

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the tone of what I saw was implying that the FAI was corrupt. Given that all I saw was 60 seconds I thought there would be more to it than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its on rte player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just saw it there in work.

Depressing!!!

No more to say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mike65 wrote: »
    Its on rte player.

Will have to wait until after work

• Advertisement

Just saw it there in work.

Depressing!!!

No more to say.

Depressing in what sense?

godtabh wrote: »
    Depressing in what sense?

Well FAI are corrupt. The stadium is going to be burden. Irish Football from grassroots is getting worse.

The 5 million has not been explained. It should it.

Basically Prime Time showed a example of just how useless, pathetic and wasteful the FAI are.

Well FAI are corrupt. The stadium is going to be burden. Irish Football from grassroots is getting worse.

The 5 million has not been explained. It should it.

Basically Prime Time showed a example of just how useless, pathetic and wasteful the FAI are.

So nothing new in it!

godtabh wrote: »
    So nothing new in it!

Being honest no, nothing new. Still depressing though.

Anyone with any interest in Irish football and FAI will know this information already, maybe just not the exact figures.

The organisation needs a major clean out but will never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

your post above sums its up, its nothing we didn't know, just some latest figures really.

As you say grassroots has been dieing a slow death for years and years. Once you get out of the game though you just stop giving a **** I guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

caught the tale end of it....
    how did Delaney get that job and is it possible to remove him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The FAI cares not a jot about football in Ireland at any level, only the international team. Thats the be all and end all for them.
    The LoI is a pain in the neck for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Bowlardo wrote: »
    caught the tale end of it....
    how did Delaney get that job and is it possible to remove him?

More or less inherited a job in FAI, his old man was a former Head Honcho, John boy being a Chartered Accountant got his nose in the door as Treasurer, worked the plebs and got his head honcho jobbie, pulled lots and lots of wool over lots and lots of eyes, sure wasn't he worth €440k a year, sure he turned down a jobbie for €1m a year ( from horses mouth himself). A bit of pressure from plebs and he reduced his salary to €400k p.a. Then when he had to bring in all the redundancies , he took a further 10% cut, so poor John Boy is only on €360,000 per annum, thats almost €7,000 a week !!!!!!!
    Sure he's worth it and the plebs in there still think so, lots and lots of wool has been used, lots and lots of eyes have been pulled over .................. buy a few pints for the away fans ........... more wool..........blame the economy......more wool.............gets good old Denis O'Brien to part pay Trapps huge salary for his part time jobbie.......more wool.......... meanwhile John Boy is still head hocho.......... sure it was an exceptional item. best to write it off............ its only €5m........... yes you guessed....MORE BLEEDIN WOOL.

I stopped contributing to the wool about 5 years ago.......... stopped attending matches, vote with your feet.... down with wool and that kind of stuff.down i say.

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Did the programme reveal the money the FAI paid to players and management for reaching the finals in Poland/Ukraine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

secman wrote: »
    More or less inherited a job in FAI, his old man was a former Head Honcho, John boy being a Chartered Accountant got his nose in the door as Treasurer, worked the plebs and got his head honcho jobbie, pulled lots and lots of wool over lots and lots of eyes, sure wasn't he worth €440k a year, sure he turned down a jobbie for €1m a year ( from horses mouth himself). A bit of pressure from plebs and he reduced his salary to €400k p.a. Then when he had to bring in all the redundancies , he took a further 10% cut, so poor John Boy is only on €360,000 per annum, thats almost €7,000 a week !!!!!!!
    Sure he's worth it and the plebs in there still think so, lots and lots of wool has been used, lots and lots of eyes have been pulled over .................. buy a few pints for the away fans ........... more wool..........blame the economy......more wool.............gets good old Denis O'Brien to part pay Trapps huge salary for his part time jobbie.......more wool.......... meanwhile John Boy is still head hocho.......... sure it was an exceptional item. best to write it off............ its only €5m........... yes you guessed....MORE BLEEDIN WOOL.

I stopped contributing to the wool about 5 years ago.......... stopped attending matches, vote with your feet.... down with wool and that kind of stuff.down i say.

Secman
    In fairness, that was a good bit of business at the time.

Good post otherwise, always good to get the cold hard facts onto the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

It's like this is a cutting edge drama and everyone is shocked and outraged to find out such a horrible truth.

I assumed people had known this since Delaney's dad gave him the job basically. Nepotism in one of the biggest organisations in Irish Sport...who would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

secman wrote: »
    ....so poor John Boy is only on €360,000 per annum, thats almost €7,000 a week !!!!!!!.....

Those silk ties he throws into the crowd don't come cheap ya know.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Slight inaccuracies in some of the posts here, he didnt work his way up.

He performed a night of the long knifes and got revenge on certain others for how his daddy was treated, he did it at an EGM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

NIMAN wrote: »
    The FAI cares not a jot about football in Ireland at any level, only the international team. Thats the be all and end all for them.
    The LoI is a pain in the neck for them.
    Isnt it a requirement to have a league in order for the International team to be involved in anything worthwhile? If so, thats probably the only reason the league is still around.

Advertisement