Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Netted Bags of Satsumas, 3 for €3

Options
  • 05-04-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

This is small potatoes compared to most of the issues on here but I still feel it is worth publicising: Tesco sells netted bags of satsumas (what they call "easy peelers") for €2.39 each but 3 for €3. The catch is that they also have a product called "sweet easy peelers", with the same number of identical fruit in the same netted bag and a virtually identical tag, for €2.59. I don't know if it is just my local Tesco (Wilton, Cork) but these 2 different products are mixed in the same box so if you accidentally take 2 bags of easy peelers and 1 bag of sweet easy peelers (thinking it will cost €3) you will be charged 2.39 +2.39 +2.59 = €7.37!!

I am quite a careful shopper but have now been caught twice with this mistake and only realised my error when I checked my receipt at home. Now, obviously, I went to Customer Service and got my €4.37 back each time but I just wonder how many people are not checking their receipts and paying an absolutely huge price for 3 small bags of satsumas, thinking they are getting a bargain.

I'm not calling shenanigans on Tesco in this case but they are certainly aware of the issue and have done nothing. If you saw the 2 bags you would laugh at how similar they are. Have a look the next time you are in Tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Complain to them here:

www.tescocomments.com

Its a pain, if your buying these offers you're like me and trying to rush through the store with 2 kids in a trolly.

What ever about the 2 bags of red apples that were in the wrong box the last time I got this offer, you would have no hope of seeing the difference between 2 nets of small oranges.

Where I shop theres 3 different nets of peelers, Goodness 600g(in the offer), sweet 600g and Jaffa 650g. They all look the same.

I dont know how the shop could stop this happening, they should be checking the boxes every 3 hours but if one customer an hour puts the wrong item back in the box, loads of customers could end up loosing out on the offer.

If the items for this offer all had a sticker or were in a different colour it might help.

But then the stickers would just be swapped!

Atleast with home shopping the Tesco staff can do all the searching and checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Those 3 for €3 easy peelers are advertised as 600gram but they are only 500gram.

You're right too, 500g written on the back of the label in black writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

The word "sweet" is written on the label of the sweet easy peelers and isn't on the other. Pretty easy to spot, imo.

Bags are similar in style, etc. I agree

The pack I have at home has 3 for €3 written in red writing on the orange 'handle' but I've only noticed it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement