Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTSA competitions

• 05-04-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Can anybody take part in NTSA competitions or just NTSA affiliated club members can shoot on these events...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

From what I remember (though I could be wrong, it's been quite a while now since I was on the NTSA committee), any of the Open matches are just that - anyone can shoot. But for the Nationals, you have to be an NTSA member (which is fair enough). Someone else might have more up-to-date information?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sparks wrote: »
    From what I remember (though I could be wrong, it's been quite a while now since I was on the NTSA committee), any of the Open matches are just that - anyone can shoot. But for the Nationals, you have to be an NTSA member (which is fair enough). Someone else might have more up-to-date information?

What Sparks says is true.

Most people have their NTSA affiliation through their club too. Usually the only people who are members of the NTSA directly are people who are members of clubs who aren't affiliated. I can't remember the exact pricing, but there's a point at which if you have X members in your club who want to be affiliated then it's worth affiliating the entire club instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Yep -I just noticed on NTSA pages they have membership form for somebody who's club is not affiliated. Not expensive (compared to ICPSA ;)) so I'll probably join just for the fun of taking part in competitions ;)

damanloox wrote: »
    Yep -I just noticed on NTSA pages they have membership form for somebody who's club is not affiliated. Not expensive (compared to ICPSA ;)) so I'll probably join just for the fun of taking part in competitions ;)

Cool. Be sure to come and say hi. I'm at pretty much all the smallbore competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

Hi Lads,

Just wondering if there are any 50m outdoor matches planned this year down south?
    I know DRC are holding one in May...date to be confirmed yet

Regards,
    BountyHunter

• Advertisement

Next Sunday East Coast have a shoot, though I haven't seen anything advertised about it anywhere.

After that, the only shoots I know about are:
    • 12th May - 25yd Nationals in Rathdrum
    • 19th May - Co. Wicklow 50m Open in DRC (I heard from BR today and he said it's confirmed)
    • 2nd June - DURC 50m Open location TBC, probably Midlands, I'm currently checking their calendar to be sure.

I already have shoots pencilled in for all the other weekends between now and the DURC Open, but none of them are in RoI I'm afraid. Plenty of nice shoots north of the border though.

Advertisement