Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Image.

Options
  • 05-04-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have been told by goforless my Picture is not of the right size. Does anyone know a way of making my file bigger and to change the specifications I'm stuck on this last part. Thanks :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Download a free program called gimp and use it to resize the image as necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

What is the specifications of your digtal Photo including file size?
    You could go into a chemist with the specs below and get a digital copy of the photo done if you not 100% sure on how to do it.

Here's the cic specs below;
    Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:
    If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
    The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:
    The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras

Advertisement