Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Electricians in christchurch?

• 05-04-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

just wondering is there any electricians that are currently in Christchurch atm working on here? and if so could you tell me is work easy to find? is the pay good? and is it easy to change over to get verified in new zealand? i am just wondering is it a bit early in the building stages for mass electricians that are required now or should i wait a year or 2 down the line? thanks:pac::D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭splanagan22

I think the op is looking to hear from irish already there working,,

I'm the same, but would love to hear from plumbers there,,so hard to find real information from people that have actually moved and are currently working on the re build,,

I'm moving to London myself on Monday but if it doesn't work the only place I can think of is New Zealand.id say your guaranteed a job that is if you meet the profiles wanted.

The issue of overtime is one I simply cannot ge an answer on,,do you get extra money for overtime or is it the normal rate and then you are taxed like mad as you go over the lower limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thomas83

I think the op is looking to hear from irish already there working,,

I'm the same, but would love to hear from plumbers there,,so hard to find real information from people that have actually moved and are currently working on the re build,,

I'm moving to London myself on Monday but if it doesn't work the only place I can think of is New Zealand.id say your guaranteed a job that is if you meet the profiles wanted.

The issue of overtime is one I simply cannot ge an answer on,,do you get extra money for overtime or is it the normal rate and then you are taxed like mad as you go over the lower limits.

Hi lads I got offerd a job today in nz I'm a electrician and strongly thinking of taking it.. The wages ar ok but wages in oz ar alot better but there is endless amount of o/t.. If anybody is interested in working over there contact me and il give u details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

thomas83 wrote: »
    Hi lads I got offerd a job today in nz I'm a electrician and strongly thinking of taking it.. The wages ar ok but wages in oz ar alot better but there is endless amount of o/t.. If anybody is interested in working over there contact me and il give u details

Any more on this??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Cheers dude..

Anyone actually out there?..

Are they comfortable on their income??.. the last thread I read about the price of the place is killing me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭helpme23

Sorry for jumping on the thread,but just wondering there has to be work in c.chruch for stonemason bricky ?

Advertisement