Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Team in the center

Options
  • 05-04-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Football (Association) team somewhere in Dublin, preferably someone that can be easily reached by public transport as I don't have a car. Level can be as low as possible, as I never was that good, in my own country I always played in the amateur league anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Rhand wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a Football (Association) team somewhere in Dublin, preferably someone that can be easily reached by public transport as I don't have a car. Level can be as low as possible, as I never was that good, in my own country I always played in the amateur league anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In that case, Shels would be the perfect team for you ;)

But seriously, Tolka Park is close enough to the City Centre, loads of buses going up there and Drumcondra Station just a few minutes down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Lars1916 wrote: »

But seriously, Tolka Park is close enough to the City Centre, loads of buses going up there and Drumcondra Station just a few minutes down the road.

And which team plays there? I know it's the home of Shelbourne, but despite the fact that the Irish League is pretty low, I'm still well below that standard.

Some means of contacting a club would be welcome, like website or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Cheeky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

MarkMc wrote: »
    Cheeky :D

Why? Given all the red cards, Shels are collecting this season, new players have to be drafted from somewhere...and I'm a bit too old to help out ;)

But seriously, would it be possible, technically speaking, to play for any LoI team, like putting yourself on the transfer list, as a free agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Why? Given all the red cards, Shels are collecting this season, new players have to be drafted from somewhere...and I'm a bit too old to help out ;)

But seriously, would it be possible, technically speaking, to play for any LoI team, like putting yourself on the transfer list, as a free agent?

True, this is getting a bit close to soccer forum territory, but I'll leave it here for the moment. I suppose one could try and organise a trial for themselves, wouldn't be easy though I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where abouts do you live?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where abouts do you live?

Talbot Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sheriff YC and St.Patricks CYFC would be fairly close to you.

I've checked around a bit and I see (for example) Sheriff YC is practising in Fairview Park. But I've been there, there's no proper football pitch, nor a changing/shower area. Is it for all amateur clubs like this here in Dublin? In my country even on the lowest levels, every club has it's own pitch, changing/shower area and a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think you should try Drumcondra. They play/train down on the pitch across the road from Tolka Park. I've no numbers or anything, maybe try post on www.lslforum.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Most clubs will be finishing up their seasons about now as most leagues in Dublin play through the Winter and finish toward the end of May,

Majority of clubs in Dublin would only have basic facilities as only a few leagues have requirements for teams to have a private pitch and showers etc. The problem is there are probably too many teams set up in Dublin competing for facilities.

If you are interested, I play for a team myself and we are looking for new players, certainly for next year. We train in Clontarf area mainly so easy for public transport. You could come down and have a look at training at the moment but as i mentioned, our season is nearly over so only 5/6 games left.

Send me a pm if you want any more details about the club etc.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd say the level of facilities in your country for football are what we have for the GAA.

Advertisement