Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rattle Near Camera On The 4s

• 05-04-2013 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I have a brand new 4s straight from the Apple online store. I noticed last night that if you tap gently near the camera it makes a slight rattle sound. I've looked it up and it seems to be a common enough occurrence. Have to say for such an expensive phone its a very annoying trait and makes it seem very cheap.

Here's a vid on it:

Just wondered if any of you have experienced this on a 4s or other models?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Perfectly normal. Depending on who you ask it's either the vibrator motor or the camera lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Come on now. Really you just wanted to post a video of you playing with your iPhone haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Haha no I was just worried it was a fault with just my phone and would need to get it checked.

So I take it you all have noticed it on an iPhone at some point? Would it not damage the camera lenses over time though if they are moving about like that?

Tbh if its something thats common in most of them I would sleep a LOT better ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I was walking around dunnes stores tapping the back of my iPhone 5 after reading the thread and its the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Herrick wrote: »
    Haha no I was just worried it was a fault with just my phone and would need to get it checked.

So I take it you all have noticed it on an iPhone at some point? Would it not damage the camera lenses over time though if they are moving about like that?

Tbh if its something thats common in most of them I would sleep a LOT better ;)

it's not in most of them, it's in all of them. the 5 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's only a rattle tbh. Is it possible that the rattle is the button at the top?

Passenger wrote: »
    It's only a rattle tbh. Is it possible that the rattle is the button at the top?

Oh I know. It's just after forking out and hearing it for the first time you can't blame me for worrying something was fecked in it. Def the camera, tried holding the button and tapping and its still there.

If they all have it I'll be able to ignore it after a bit cause I love the phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well if it helps, my 4S has the rattle when tapped too. But if it only rattles when forcefully tapped then maybe you're being slightly obsessive and neurotic about it. ;) I dismissed it when I first noticed it as it was so minute and innocuous.

Passenger wrote: »
    Well if it helps, my 4S has the rattle when tapped too. But if it only rattles when forcefully tapped then maybe you're being slightly obsessive and neurotic about it. ;) I dismissed it when I first noticed it as it was so minute and innocuous.

Cheers. Yeah its only a forceful tap that does it. I'm def very obsessive about little things like that alright :pac: But the fact its a common thing among the iPhones I'll be able to overlook it. Was just worried it was a fault or something.

Advertisement