Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

not telling insurance company about penalty points

• 05-04-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭

I got 4 penalty points 18 months ago but never told my insurance company as I was planning to head to Oz in a couple of months. Didnt end going after for personal reasons but never told the insurance company. I'm looking to upgrade my car so will probably need to tell them.

Will they void the insurance, raise the premium or is fine as its just 4 points?
    (I heard they don't mind unless you have 5 or more?!?!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

They probably wont say much about 4 points, but you will need to tell them either way. I cant see them saying much if you tell them now, but if you try to claim and they find out that you have lied to them then it might makes things complicated for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

your insurance will still pay out but you could be liable to repay them as you didnt disclose all the facts. Insurance companies are becoming more ruthless so be careful what you do/dont declare

Advertisement