Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates not powering up motor.

Options
  • 05-04-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

I am after installing a FAAC 740d sliding gate.
    I have powered up and went to test the gate, I pressed the button to open/close, the LED on the board lit up to say it had recieved the signal but the gates didnt budge.
    I checked the fuses and checked to see if any power was going to the motor with a multimeter but it was getting no power.
    The photocells are working properly aswell.
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

have you disconnected the photocells and tried that(you may have to bridge the contacts,depending on wiring diagram)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

make bridge from pin 7 or 8 to 6 (EDGE) 5 (STOP) 3 (FSW OP), photocells you should connect to pin 4 (FSW CL), swich off photo cells test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Thanks guys.
    I'll try that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Also if it is a problem with the photocells does that mean I have something wired wrong?

Advertisement