Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Everton

Options
  • 05-04-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Well, where do we start? Bale out, Defoe out, Lennon a doubt. The team perhaps a little demoralised, missing its most important and influential player, against a team who will be tenacious and fight to the end. This doesn't sound like a good game to be a Spurs fan!

Time for those that are capable of stepping up to do so, and I count Siggy, Holtby and Dempsey in that category. Unfortunately I just can't see Ade doing anything worthwhile this season and I'd be amazed if he was anything above crap.

Lloris
    Walker - Verts - Dawson - BAE
    Dembele - Parker
    Siggy ---- Dempsey --- Holtby
    Adebayor

BAE might be dropped and I wouldn't have a problem with that, so perhaps Verts could end up at LB with Caulker coming in alongside Dawson. Holtby and Siggy could switch but Holtby is left-footed so would be a good candidate for the left wing.

Everton are missing Pienaar and Fellaini, two of their most important players, but it remains to be seen whether the loss of those two is as big a deal to Everton as losing Bale is to us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Just throwing a suggestion out there, what about Walker as a right winger? Then have either Holtby or Siggy playing off Ade?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Just throwing a suggestion out there, what about Walker as a right winger? Then have either Holtby or Siggy playing off Ade?

was thinking the same on the train on the way home from work, could be an idea !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hatch99 wrote: »
    was thinking the same on the train on the way home from work, could be an idea !

Yep, he has the pace and can give a good cross in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, he has the pace and can give a good cross in

agree with the pace, not so sure about the crossing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    agree with the pace, not so sure about the crossing :(

I agree with this. He seems to be able to hit a decent deadball, but not while he's going at any speed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Watch him taking a corner..he never ever beats the first man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I know it's a vital match but it might be worthwhile to give one of the youth team an outing. Cebellos is getting great reviews and plays on the wing. It's a pity we can't recall Townsend, he seems to be doing really well at QPR.

Not buying a decent striker in January seems reckless now. If we had a top class striker in the team I'd still fancy us to win this one. Perhaps Ade will turn things around and show what he's capable of, here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Failure to win this guys and 4th is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mickman wrote: »
    Failure to win this guys and 4th is gone

Not sure about that. Obviously we could do with the win but chelsea have a hectic run-in. I believe we will get all points tomorrow. I think AVB will get the set-up right. We can forget Thurs night game as defence will be far better. A point would be dissapointing but not fatal imo.
    3-1 Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs to start well and put in a spirited first half, probably deserve to be leading at half time but arent and its 0-0 at the break.

Then we'll do something daft or plain unlucky and concede a goal. Everton to win 2 or 3-nil, and we'll all be on here bemoaning the fact that we missed those handy chances in the first half and wishing we had of bought a striker in January as per usual....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

With City and Chelsea still to come, not to mention Stoke away, I think top 4 will be very difficult anyway, if we lose tomorrow, I really can't see us getting it. 3 points is a must. It's time to step up and be counted Mr AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Strangely positive about this one, Spurs win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Spurs to start well and put in a spirited first half, probably deserve to be leading at half time but arent and its 0-0 at the break.

Then we'll do something daft or plain unlucky and concede a goal. Everton to win 2 or 3-nil, and we'll all be on here bemoaning the fact that we missed those handy chances in the first half and wishing we had of bought a striker in January as per usual....

I won't deny being generally pessimistic pre-match, but this is also how I feel. Even without Bale and Lennon we'll make plenty of chances but the keeper will have a blinder, we'll hit the post/crossbar, miss an open goal and concede either a sloppy or stunning goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

THFC wrote: »
    With City and Chelsea still to come, not to mention Stoke away, I think top 4 will be very difficult anyway, if we lose tomorrow, I really can't see us getting it. 3 points is a must. It's time to step up and be counted Mr AVB.

Probably more important that Mr ADE steps up ;). 2-0 to the Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

After the 3 poor performances against Milan home and away and then Anfield, we all thought Fulham would be a turning point... but that performance was even worse then the previous ones. And after another poor Thursday night we are in for more of the same tomorrow.

No no no, Front row, we are gona win 3-1 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kick off at 205pm its on ESPN if your watching on UPC like I will be..

Things can only get better after those 3 losses in 1 week.

Why not 3 points at home ?

COYS!

Its time to AVBelieve we will have more good days than bad.
    61% win percentage for AVB is best in our history since premiership began..

We are due another good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Stats credit to Sky Sports.

No side have scored the first goal in more Premier League matches this season than Tottenham Hotspur (19).
    David Moyes' side are without a win in their last three matches away from home in the Premier League (L2 D1).
    No player has created more goalscoring chances than Leighton Baines (96) across Europe's top five leagues this season.

The last 20 mins against Swansea, was 20 long mins of hell(plus 5 mins injury time of worse hell). Today I want us 3-0 up by 60 mins and dont mind Everton getting one back with three quarters of a minute of injury time to go. Thats what I want before the game. After the game I would except 3 points any way possible. Its just I'm afraid I mite break down and cry like a little girl if I have to continually go through these last 20 minutes of hell. So come Adebyor get a couple of early goals, be my hero and prevent me from being a whinging little bitch. A small message to the ref, please give us our first penalty of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    The last 20 mins against Swansea, was 20 long mins of hell(plus 5 mins injury time of worse hell). Today I want us 3-0 up by 60 mins and dont mind Everton getting one back with three quarters of a minute of injury time to go. Thats what I want before the game. After the game I would except 3 points any way possible. Its just I'm afraid I mite break down and cry like a little girl if I have to continually go through these last 20 minutes of hell. So come Adebyor get a couple of early goals, be my hero and prevent me from being a whinging little bitch. A small message to the ref, please give us our first penalty of the season.

Out strikers are never in the box so can't a Peno :/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Parker, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Dempsey & Adebyaor

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Assou-Ekotto, Livermore, Huddlestone, Carroll & Ceballos #COYS

Awesome to see Ceballos in the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Awesome to see Ceballos in the team

Be great if we're 2-0 or even if we're losing 1-0 we can throw him on and show us what he's made of

COYS

I'd much rather see more of Carroll. Ceballos warrants a spot on the bench on his recent form, but it is just recent form. He's been doing great in 2013 but before that hasn't really done a whole lot. I was beginning to think he was gonna fall away.

I'm all for youth though ofcourse so would love to see him make an appearance and make an impact. What a story it would be if he came on and started banging the goals in/put in great performances and helped cement our CL spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Get in you beauty!!!!

Thought Bale wasn't playing?

Who crossed that? Vertonghen?! Never!!

That seems to have woken Ade, his head is now up, he's running, putting in the effort unlike before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pinpoint precision from Jan. Great to have Lloris back in nets.

I get more nervous when we're one up

• Advertisement

See

Advertisement