Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Aptitude Exam

Options
  • 05-04-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Anyone taking the Trinity aptitude exam tomorrow or previous years?? Very nervous as I have heard its near impossible. Would love some feedback on what to expect. Surprisingly, have not found much info on here.:confused:

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Toby7658 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone taking the Trinity aptitude exam tomorrow or previous years?? Very nervous as I have heard its near impossible. Would love some feedback on what to expect. Surprisingly, have not found much info on here.:confused:

Cheers.

What course is it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Toby7658

I would like to do Psychology, but i think its the same exam tomorrow for everyone! no?

I applied to trinity as mature student, I didn't hear anything about Aptitude test? I didn't even know they had one!

Did you apply as mature or LC points?

I would like to do Psychology, but i think its the same exam tomorrow for everyone! no?

bri007 wrote: »
    I applied to trinity as mature student, I didn't hear anything about Aptitude test? I didn't even know they had one!

Did you apply as mature or LC points?

you might have already of found this, but might be off some help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70465361

ohhh I see, I was under the impression it was for all mature students! it must be for only some subjects. Thanks for the link!! Appreciate your help :) May I ask what subject you are applying for?

• Advertisement

ohhh I see, I was under the impression it was for all mature students! it must be for only some subjects. Thanks for the link!! Appreciate your help :) May I ask what subject you are applying for?

Ye I don't know,it could be for all mature students.I know most of other colleges do it.

I applied for occupantional therapy.haven't heard anything yet from trinity,so kind of getting a bit worried now :(

Psycology course looks interesting. Think there's a module on the occupantional therapy course for it.

How long is the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoibhneas

Any thoughts or feedback from the psychology aptitude test this morning? It was much tougher than Maynooth and not quite what I'd expected. I was prepared to have to complete the numerical and spatial reasoning tests. However, I found the written logic test to be very difficult. The data interpretation wasn't too bad. All in all, time was an issue.

I thought the invigilator did a good job of explaining the procedures this morning.

Parts I & II (20 mins each)
    Part I - completed 23/36 questions. No guesses.
    Part II - completed 26+/36 questions. I might have guessed a couple after I filled in the initial 26 anwers.

Parts III & IV (15 mins each)
    Part III - I answered all the questions but I'm not sure how many I got right.
    Part IV - I completely ignored the monkey graph (2nd last question). It was awkward and time consuming to rotate the page so I moved onto the final question after wasting a couple of minutes.

I would have guessed +/-120 sat today's test, for 25-30 interview places. I tried to do a quick count at the start. That would mean abut 20% who sat the test today could be called for interview. Is this correct?

I'd love to hear from someone else who did the test. I'm not feeling very confident about it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lipstik.Junky

aoibhneas wrote: »
    Any thoughts or feedback from the psychology aptitude test this morning? It was much tougher than Maynooth and not quite what I'd expected. I was prepared to have to complete the numerical and spatial reasoning tests. However, I found the written logic test to be very difficult. The data interpretation wasn't too bad. All in all, time was an issue.

I thought the invigilator did a good job of explaining the procedures this morning.

Parts I & II (20 mins each)
    Part I - completed 23/36 questions. No guesses.
    Part II - completed 26+/36 questions. I might have guessed a couple after I filled in the initial 26 anwers.

Parts III & IV (15 mins each)
    Part III - I answered all the questions but I'm not sure how many I got right.
    Part IV - I completely ignored the monkey graph (2nd last question). It was awkward and time consuming to rotate the page so I moved onto the final question after wasting a couple of minutes.

I would have guessed +/-120 sat today's test, for 25-30 interview places. I tried to do a quick count at the start. That would mean abut 20% who sat the test today could be called for interview. Is this correct?

I'd love to hear from someone else who did the test. I'm not feeling very confident about it. :confused:

Hi! I did the exam too this morning...didn't find it too bad content wise but then I didn't really know what to expect...I got my head around the logic of it when he was going through the examples but holy crap did I mess up on time!!! i only managed to answer 19/36 for the first section..a few of them were rushed guesses aswell....2nd part I definately answered more but I can't remember how many.

I found the Psychology specific test ok at first but that monkey graph was a f*cking disaster!! I attempted it but couldn't make much sense of it....waste of time probably...I should have moved on like you did, the next question was much more user friendly :) Hope we hear from the admissions soon...I hate this waiting game :(:(

Well, you both did better than I did, thats for sure. I thought the examiner said we had an HOUR for the first part,not 15 minutes!! (last time I sit at the back and strain to hear) I answered a wopping 6 out of 30 questions as I spent the first few minutes reading all the questions through! What a disaster!.

Second part, I answered all questions, found that quiet easy (not to mention, I finally figured out the timing).

Timing got the better of me in the second round, definately need a bit more reading time, the Harvard Ref kept throwing me off the text while trying to speed read:(

Enjoyed the graphs, even the monkey graph, but again, time managment.............

All in all, not the most difficult exam in the world, but alas, I dont envisage getting an interview, pray to God I will, but I think im the only ejit who heard an hour instead of 15min for the first paper. (sigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoibhneas

Best of luck Lipstik.Junky and Toby! I arrived a little late and made sure to take a seat at the front of the hall, right in front of the clock. I did also ask the invigilator to clarify some of the instructions. I was that annoying person at the front.

The invigilator did say that the test was not intended to be completed, only attempted. With just under 30 seconds per question for Parts I & II and 1 minute (approx) for Parts III & IV, it was a challenge just to read each question nevermind answer them. Each time he reminded us that we had 5 minutes left, my brain froze. Part III, in particular, I felt under enormous pressure for time which affected my comprehension skills. I felt it was also a test of performance under pressure.

It seems you both did quite well on Part III of the test. My answers for those parts were best guesses as opposed to calculated responses. Overall, I can't say how many questions I answered correctly on any section. I'm not confident about being called for interview. I'm glad I had a go anyway. I enjoyed the challenge. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement