Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of warranty repair

Options
  • 05-04-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So my Xbox stopped booting up 2 months ago. The 3 red lights would show up but there would be no fan noise etc. I also tried a new power brick but to no avail. The error code is 0001.

So I checked online and the solution is to do a reflow or get mosfets replaced which is not my thing. I tried to open up the xbox to see if I could fix the problem but I couldn't. In the process, I cut through the warranty sticker.

So I was thinking, If I pay the repair fee, will MS fix the console since I have cut through the warranty sticker and taken a look inside the Xbox? (It has never been flashed, Jtagged or modded in anyway)

Any help, suggestions or past experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is it a 360 Core/Pro/Elite or a 360 S?

Yes to the former if no internal tampering has been done.

No to the latter if it has been opened.

Edit: Just realised you said three red lights. As long as no internal tampering has been done, then they should repair it for a fee. You'd be a lot cheaper getting someone who knows how to repair them to do it though. The repair cost for old models was never lowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Is it a 360 Core/Pro/Elite or a 360 S?

Yes to the former if no internal tampering has been done.

No to the latter if it has been opened.

Edit: Just realised you said three red lights. As long as no internal tampering has been done, then they should repair it for a fee. You'd be a lot cheaper getting someone who knows how to repair them to do it though. The repair cost for old models was never lowered.

Hi,
    Yup it's a Xbox 360 60gb pro.
    The cost of an out-of-warranty console is:

€ 62.91 plus tax (if submitted online)
    Anyone know if this includes p&p and are there any other hidden charges?
    BTW, how much extra is tax? (in euros)

Advertisement