Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a second hand car of dealer

Options
  • 05-04-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

If you buy a car from a dealer and you later find out if it was crashed where do you stand on returning it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If the car is unsafe because of crash damage, you probably have a comeback. If the dealer had told you the car had not been crashed, you probably have a comeback. Otherwise, you are probably on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

How badly crashed and how well repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevef28

Well wasnt told that it was or wasnt.. just a few things that are bugging me... passenger rear door sick when trying to open it... along with a few other things. so if i was to get a motor check done and says that it was.. just wanted to know am i stuck with it now.. or do i have a come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you didn't ask then he is not obliged to volunteer the information and if it was repaired to a roadworthy condition and is safe to drive, you have no recourse against him.

Advertisement