Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainer or bully?

• 05-04-2013 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

I saw this video today and was shocked by it. I can't get my head around the fact that this family paid this man to come to their home and treat their dog in this way.

I think this dog is amazing, how he managed to control himself and not bite this man really badly shows what a great dog he is. As for the 'trainer', I don't really know what to say about him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

If I was the dog I would have savaged the f*****. The poor dog is terrified :(

Just watched his 'testing a sound shepherd puppy', what the hell is wrong with this man?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

that sounded to me like he had ( trained) the dog and was returning him/her and showing the results, imagine how he trained the dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

juniord wrote: »
    that sounded to me like he had ( trained) the dog and was returning him/her and showing the results, imagine how he trained the dog

Id like to put a choke chain on that *****, and lead him around the room and torment him. See how long it takes for him to lash out.

Stunned that people like this are paid money.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I just watched part of his 'testing' a GSD puppy and had to turn it off. Disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

:eek: Stunned..... poor GSD puppy.

The other video has been removed, would be very curious what was in it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Oh thats interesting that its been removed. if only it was so easy to remove the trainer.

TMD, if you saw the GSD puppy one, you get the general idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Taken down now. Interested to hear what he did if anyone would give me the gist? Is it an Irish "trainer"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMPsZxtkXmc
    Here's the german shepherd puppy testing one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

ISDW wrote: »

TMD, if you saw the GSD puppy one, you get the general idea.

It's horrific what he was doing to the pup, absolutely no sense to it at all :(

• Advertisement

That is incredibly disturbing!!!

How has there been no comment left on that video yet!!

And the desciption stating it's a good reaction to stress!!! Why the hell would you impose stress on a pup like that in the first place. The only thing he's taught that dog is that he is something to be afraid of in the future. A differant personality type in a dog will eat the face off him if he tries that!!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Taken down now. Interested to hear what he did if anyone would give me the gist? Is it an Irish "trainer"?

No, he's American I think, a friend with irish setters put the link up on fb and i was so shocked by it, I thought i'd share it. If you have a look at the gsd pup one, its much the same stuff, trying to get the dog to bite basically, stressing the dog out completely.

http://www.firstclassdogtraining.com/about-me/

Christ, this guy used to train police dogs and has over 20yrs in training??? What an utter joke. I'm horrified and disgusted by that video.

Oh it gets worse!! He's an evaluator for the American Kennel Club Good citizen testing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Complete bully.:mad: I'm in shock after watching that. He lifts the pup up by its ears (you can clearly hear it squeal), pinches behind his legs and forces the dog into submission stating "see, look she's relaxed, but has the potential to be dominant". That poor poor dog. :(

that is the problem isn't it, an owner with a dog that may have some issues will look at that man's experience and think that he knows what he's doing, and that what he is doing is correct.

What can you do though to highlight this type of ignorance - both on his part for being so incredibly neolithic in regards to dog training and the owner who would see his "qualifications" as impressive. I mean most people would see anything to do with the kennel club as a good thing in regards to dogs.

I myself am going to write one hell of a response to that essay in such an academic way he'll be embaressed into taking it down. I am sick to the back teeth of cowboys getting away with this. It horrifies me he was in charge of training police dogs. What they must have endured under his hand!!

Advertisement