Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin ghosts.

Options
  • 05-04-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

after reading the huge(but brilliant) haunted cork thread from start to finish,i came to wonder that there must be as many if not more experiences people had in Dublin,ill start off with something odd that happened me.a few years back i was working as a floor sander/French polisher,one particular morning in 2001,my boss dropped me at a house in an estate off blackhorse avenue to start a job.all was going as normal,i had finished sanding the two bedrooms and had started Hoovering up the dust so i could lay the first coat.the Hoover was plugged into a socket in the corner behind me.all of a sudden the Hoover stopped so i looked around and it was plugged out of the wall.so,thinking i had pulled it from the wall myself i pulled some slack out,plugged it back in and got back to work,and then bang.it was out of the socket again,and no way had i pulled it out this time the slack wire was still coiled on the floor.there was nobody in the house and i had locked myself in from the inside so i was feeling pretty freaked out now. i plugged it back in and Hoovered the rest up without incident.i decided it was lunchtime,locked the place up then fecked off for a bite to eat.i returned maybe 40 mins later and when i opened the front door i was greeted by the sound of the HOOVER upstairs! i almost sh#t myself.i darted up the stairs in about 3 bounds and there it was plugged in again.i unplugged it,grabbed it,and ran outside as quick as i could and locked the door behind me.my powertools were still inside.i sat on the low end of a skip and lit a cigarette and rang my boss and to say he was furious was an understatement.my boss was a big slab of a fella who didn't suffer fools gladly.as i was pleading my case with him i casually glanced up at the upstairs window and froze.there were two figure staring down at me,one of an adult and one of a child,i couldn't tell the sex of either.my boss was still shouting down the phone at me but i was speechless and he hung up the phone,i didn't tell him about the two figures.he was on the scene in about 15 minutes. and i genuinely thought he was going to smack me one.another argument ensued,at one stage he even asked was i on drugs!nonetheless i wouldn't go back in.it was agreed he would finish my job and he drove me to the one he had been on.he picked me up the next morning and i asked him did anything happen him and he grunted no.cue three months later we were having our Christmas drink,one of the lads started ribbin me about 'the monster' my bosses face went white.apparently when he finished the job and was loading up his van what did he see?two figures staring out the window of the empty house at him,and a week or so later when he went te collect the outstanding balance,there they were again.makes my hairs stand on end everytime i pass that estate,which is almost daily unfortunately.sorry about the long post.

Harry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

was it an old period house?? is there anyone living there at present??

are you sure the figures weren't the house owner's children.. home from school maybe.. hiding in another room up to mischief ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

fryup wrote: »
    was it an old period house?? is there anyone living there at present??

are you sure the figures weren't the house owner's children.. home from school maybe.. hiding in another room up to mischief ??

the house would have been built in the 60s or 70s id guess so not that old.a middle aged couple owned the house,but they were not there when we were doing the job as the house was getting a complete re-fit,and as such wasn't really habitable.all the furniture etc was in storage so no,nobody there only me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Black horse avenue is close to a Military grave yard, might be of use to check out if there are any stories associated in the area with a child and adult or the grave yard.

Ziycon wrote: »
    Black horse avenue is close to a Military grave yard, might be of use to check out if there are any stories associated in the area with a child and adult or the grave yard.

at the time it happened i asked my now deceased dad who grew up in cabra,not a million miles away from the housing estate in question.he said the only haunting he remembered people speaking of in the area would be the hanging judge,lord norbury.an interesting story in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

OP, best story Ive read on this forum in a long time

• Advertisement

I have actually heard of another house there, reporting problems. I have not heard what.

Myself and some other boardsies were called to a house which was being done up like that. Reporting alot going on foot steps etc.. Whilst we were talking. Upstairs we hear " Gah Dong , Gah Dong , Gah Dong , Gah Dong " (footsteps)

Pretty sure it was an Evil Demon, just kidding :D

Anyway we ran upstairs and nothing was there. House seems to be fine now .

leddpipe wrote: »
    OP, best story Ive read on this forum in a long time
    strange alright...got one to share yourself?

no unfortunately not!am from Kildare myself, my mate posted a good account in a related thread, but dont want to hijack this one :D

no unfortunately not!am from Kildare myself, my mate posted a good account in a related thread, but dont want to hijack this one :D

no harm in throwing it in there,if a mod is about maybe it could be changed to a leinster thread as opposed to a Dublin thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Iyaibeji

Up until i was aged 4 we lived in a house in arbour hill.
    My parents had a few ghostly experiences , one of them being a sighting of a person walking across their bedroom and into an alcove, and vanishing.

I myself remember clearly one of my dolls with tears coming out of it's eyes.
    I told my mother my doll was crying. I remember her telling me it was probably one of my friends messing and making crying noises - she didnt realise i meant it was crying tears.
    I remember the frustration i felt trying to explain to her that it wasnt that type of crying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I had some going ons in a house I lived which are still occurring to this day, there are a few on here that are well aware of this house.

Originally I thought it all centred around a mirror that was in the house which has since been gotten rid of a few years ago and everything died down but things have started to occur again.

Just a general list of things that have happened include foot steps and talking upstairs when there is only you in the house downstairs. People seeing fully formed apparitions, dog barking at nothing, feeling of being watch, centred around the stairs, a small child's shadow seen running across the landing into one of the rooms.

I know a lot if not all of these can be explained by natural causes, many people not living in the house have had experiences from the above list also.

There has been some investigations and there was nothing found of any validity, everyone has gotten used to everything that happens but every now and then something significant occurs that makes me question what is actually going on.

This is just a very brief overview of the story to date. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

^^^ I couldn't live in that house!!

Ziycon wrote: »
    I had some going ons in a house I lived which are still occurring to this day, there are a few on here that are well aware of this house.

Originally I thought it all centred around a mirror that was in the house which has since been gotten rid of a few years ago and everything died down but things have started to occur again.

Just a general list of things that have happened include foot steps and talking upstairs when there is only you in the house downstairs. People seeing fully formed apparitions, dog barking at nothing, feeling of being watch, centred around the stairs, a small child's shadow seen running across the landing into one of the rooms.

I know a lot if not all of these can be explained by natural causes, many people not living in the house have had experiences from the above list also.

There has been some investigations and there was nothing found of any validity, everyone has gotten used to everything that happens but every now and then something significant occurs that makes me question what is actually going on.

This is just a very brief overview of the story to date. :)
    I've had a good few experiences,my op would have been the most fkd up one I've had,but like you said i always try convince myself that there is a natural/logical explanation for these things and ive exhausted every avenue of thought,but sometimes it just comes up blank.I've felt the presence of people close to me,relatives who have passed away and it don't scare me at all,if there is a spirit world im happy to embrace it,but that house just wasn't right.that house has something bad in its walls.

from a similar thread about unnerving situations, by boardsie "macdaddy".strictly a kildare experience but hey:

"Just to clarify myself and my friend were both sceptics about paranormal stuff. About 3 years ago on one Saturday night myself and my mate were watching tv in his house around midnight. My mate has a very fancy custom made pc which beeps when the internal temperature gets over a certain level. Anyway, we are in his sitting room which looked out onto his front lawn and the estate in which he lives.

After a while I hear this beep and wonder what it is so, I mute the tv to figure out what it is. I immediately realise its his pc, but upon muting the TV myself and my mate hear this really heavy breathing coming from outside his sitting room window. We both immediately looked at eachother and ask if we can both hear it. The breathing was so heavy, deep and chilling. It seemed inhuman and both my friend and I felt a very uneasy. At the time we were both 26, strong, fearless individuals but this breathing made us feel worried, to be honest it sounded pure evil, and nothing a human could do. So after about 20 seconds of it, we both agree to find out what it is. We immediately hop up and run out the door to see what or who it is. There is nothing there. It is lashing rain and all the dogs in the estate are howling (not barking), and very agitated. It took us max 5 seconds to get to the other side of the window from the sitting room. There was no one around. We both checked everywhere but we couldn't see anyone. The dogs continued to howl all over the estate for about 5 more minutes then they all settled down. We were both felt extremely puzzled by it. What really got to me was the way it made us both feel. As I said we are two guys who are not easily scared but deep down we both felt very uneasy about it. When we calmed down and went back inside we realised the sitting room curtains were not fully closed and whatever it was it was staring in at both of us, watching us. God knows how long it was there before I muted the TV."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Forever Hopeful

from a similar thread about unnerving situations, by boardsie "macdaddy".strictly a kildare experience but hey:

"Just to clarify myself and my friend were both sceptics about paranormal stuff. About 3 years ago on one Saturday night myself and my mate were watching tv in his house around midnight. My mate has a very fancy custom made pc which beeps when the internal temperature gets over a certain level. Anyway, we are in his sitting room which looked out onto his front lawn and the estate in which he lives.

After a while I hear this beep and wonder what it is so, I mute the tv to figure out what it is. I immediately realise its his pc, but upon muting the TV myself and my mate hear this really heavy breathing coming from outside his sitting room window. We both immediately looked at eachother and ask if we can both hear it. The breathing was so heavy, deep and chilling. It seemed inhuman and both my friend and I felt a very uneasy. At the time we were both 26, strong, fearless individuals but this breathing made us feel worried, to be honest it sounded pure evil, and nothing a human could do. So after about 20 seconds of it, we both agree to find out what it is. We immediately hop up and run out the door to see what or who it is. There is nothing there. It is lashing rain and all the dogs in the estate are howling (not barking), and very agitated. It took us max 5 seconds to get to the other side of the window from the sitting room. There was no one around. We both checked everywhere but we couldn't see anyone. The dogs continued to howl all over the estate for about 5 more minutes then they all settled down. We were both felt extremely puzzled by it. What really got to me was the way it made us both feel. As I said we are two guys who are not easily scared but deep down we both felt very uneasy about it. When we calmed down and went back inside we realised the sitting room curtains were not fully closed and whatever it was it was staring in at both of us, watching us. God knows how long it was there before I muted the TV."

Sorry for quoting the entire post but this story has absolutely frightened the ever loving cr*p out of me. I have chills :(

I remember the lads ringing me as I was at a wedding!they thought it was me winding them up!sounded genuinely concerned!and a lot of the dogs in the estate were going mental.raging I missed it!

Advertisement