Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submersible Pump?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Problem solved:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Calgary22 wrote: »
    Hey lads a submersible pump drawing 2/3 amps its a small pump used in a a garden system to pump water to a soak pit when the waters to high. it requires constant supply as when the floats reach a certain height it turns on.. it had been on a 6 amp rcbo up to recent but now it keeps tripping the rcbo. but it works fine on a normal type b 6 amp mcb. is there any reason to have it on the rcbo as i read pumps dont require rcd protection? i understand there must be an earth leak or imbalance casing the rcbo to trip. any help would be great:) basically just wondering when ye wire these small pump jobs do ye have it on an mcb supply only or with rcd protection?:)

cant link it at the minute but it is a requirement that it be rcd protected ,imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

the rule on rcd relates to pumps on domestic heating systems afaik

but treatment units with pumps etc. are rcd'd by manufacturer
    and as you say theres likely a fault present now

id be inclined to rcd anyhow myself

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

get the megger out
    confirm its the pump and not wiring

a submersible pump shouldn't be affected by water should it?
    aren't they sealed units?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

Thanks very much a problem on the cable that was the cause. job fixed back running on rcbo thanks for help:) mods feel free to delete:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement