Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knipex and Tools in General

Options
  • 05-04-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Over the past two years I have found myselfneglecting my toolbox and decided that an investment is needed.

In the past I have used Mangans in Celbridgeor my local wholesaler.

I have noticed that the price of qualityKnipex equipment has increased significantly over the past two years, last Iremember I payed 30e for a Knipex insulated shears now is cant seem to findthem for much less that 40e.

Where have you found good value for qualitytools?

I generally found Kinpex good for pliers andsnips, Irazola for screwdrivers, Stanleyfatmax for general measuring tapes, padsaws etc and Milwaukee/Makita forpowertools. What are your views?

I am also looking for a good quality toolbag, was lookingat the CK Magma MA2632.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tibulus wrote: »
    Over the past two years I have found myselfneglecting my toolbox and decided that an investment is needed.

In the past I have used Mangans in Celbridgeor my local wholesaler.

I have noticed that the price of qualityKnipex equipment has increased significantly over the past two years, last Iremember I payed 30e for a Knipex insulated shears now is cant seem to findthem for much less that 40e.

Where have you found good value for qualitytools?

I generally found Kinpex good for pliers andsnips, Irazola for screwdrivers, Stanleyfatmax for general measuring tapes, padsaws etc and Milwaukee/Makita forpowertools. What are your views?

I am also looking for a good quality toolbag, was lookingat the CK Magma MA2632.

Your writing is too small.

You need to make it bigger as we cant read/see your post....:pac::pac:

Go to Fairyhouse market or the large weekend market on the Nass Road beside Joels,and you will get some good tools at a good price.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

If you want knipex id suggest buying off ebay, thats where I bought nearly all my tools. They are much cheaper than from the wholesalers. This user has a store and sells the stuff very cheap!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Knipex-70-02-160-Diagonal-Side-Cutters-160mm-55499-/140936601901?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20d079e12d

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

there are very few places that distribut knipex, this makes it difficult for suppliers to get a competative price.
    plus this is ireland, everything is exspensive.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

ebay's the job mate i go in to the wholesalers pick out the gear i like and head home then and buy it on ebay save a fortune:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭misses with rifles

amazon uk is good as well especially with the super saver delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

some difference in price alright, plus the range is better, seems some of my "old" tools have not gone out of fashion, they just don't stock them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Also when buying Knipex be aware that yellow/red handles mean VDE rated.

Blue/red are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

That fella on ebay looks to be the business. Just got called for phase 2 so i've a bit of shopping to do in the tool department!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

HoggyRS wrote: »
    That fella on ebay looks to be the business. Just got called for phase 2 so i've a bit of shopping to do in the tool department!
    great seller, ive bought a good bit of him in the last few years and no problems at all. i have an address up the north postage wasnt as dear but if you buy a few things it will still work out cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭TheBody

+1 to that guy on e-bay. Bought lots of stuff from him with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I find the CetaForm tools great and alot cheaper than the Knipex stuff. Nation Electrical in Bray carry a stock of them and I cannot fault them.

Advertisement