Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going cracked!!!!!

• 05-04-2013 10:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭

Was a 20 a day smoker for 15 years, started very young. Went on the e-cigs for a month. now my fourth day going cold turkey and I'm going crazy! Any1 have any advice. I've after taking a golf club and battering old tv's and and an old monitor in my garage. Basically going cracked with the withdrawl. Only thing that could take mind of cigarattes at the time. Any advice plz!!!! On way to gym/swimming pool so hopefully that helps. Its going to be a rough night though. Didn't have it half as bad the other three days. Hope this the final withdrawl stage as i'm in bits

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

Why didn't you stay on the e-cig? You can gradually reduce the amount of nicotine you're inhaling and eventually end up puffing thin air, then just throw the thing out. Might take a year but you'll be off the fags for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,449 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Keep calm and carry on your doing good 4 days with no crutch is an achievement in itself. Start focusing on the positives, smelling good, looking good, more money to splash on yourself.
    Start congratulating yourself your nearly there..go have a treat, hot chocolate muffin with ice cream, it beats the ass off filty cigarettes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

GobblyNob wrote: »
    Why didn't you stay on the e-cig? You can gradually reduce the amount of nicotine you're inhaling and eventually end up puffing thin air, then just throw the thing out. Might take a year but you'll be off the fags for good.

I just want to be rid of them, said I'd quit before 30 which I nearly am. Girlfriend over with me, not going gym helping me through it, hopefully will be grand 2moro. I can see why the fags are more addictive than Heroin, chriast allmighty

Keep calm and carry on your doing good 4 days with no crutch is an achievement in itself. Start focusing on the positives, smelling good, looking good, more money to splash on yourself.
    Start congratulating yourself your nearly there..go have a treat, hot chocolate muffin with ice cream, it beats the ass off filty cigarettes.

Thanks, Hopefully 2moro I will be fine. Don't think I'll ever go back on them after this!

If I stay off them for a month which Im certain I will gonna reward myself with a trip to spain or a better car!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Stick with it you probably have the worst of it over you and dont go for a pint at the weekend otherwise you could be back where you started.Its well worth the pain your goin thru beleive me i know as im four n a half years off them now and i was a almost 40 a day for a loooooong time.

• Advertisement

RealExpert wrote: »
    Stick with it you probably have the worst of it over you and dont go for a pint at the weekend otherwise you could be back where you started.Its well worth the pain your goin thru beleive me i know as im four n a half years off them now and i was a almost 40 a day for a loooooong time.

Nice one!
    GobblyNob wrote: »

Ye guys go cold turkey? How did ye find it? Losing my freaking mind, need something else to break ha

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Yes cold turkey and the second day for me was hell on earth not too bad after that.Remember it takes a while to break a 15 year habbit but well worth it....about 25 in my case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,449 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

joetoad wrote: »
    Ye guys go cold turkey? How did ye find it? Losing my freaking mind, need something else to break ha

No I cheated, I started taking champix, ill be off the cigs a year at about 9'o Clock tonight. Do something to remember why you need your lungs healthy, grab a bike and head down the mountains for the day. http://www.biking.ie/bike-hire

5th day off em today, think I'm over the physical addiction bit, would like a fag/vape but i think its more habit now . Probably will get an oul bad craving time to time but no chance in hell I'm going back on them. Not going to go to pub for a month as well just to make sure.

Advertisement