Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotoGP Qatar Night Race----Podium Predictions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Good race for a change...Rossi was the man of the match, but Marquez wasnt going to let him have it easy.....Lorenzo was well happy out front, pity he fcuked off so early....bummer for Cal and Bradl...glad Spies "finished" a race....
    Although i never look on that circuit as a guage to the season....roll on Texas....

P.S. race of the weekend had to be the BSB 600's....wow....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

P.S. race of the weekend had to be the BSB 600's....wow....

Cracking racing alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Well that race will shut all the nay sayers up :)

You would think!! :rolleyes: But some people are just begrudging f**kers who hate to be proven wrong. If nothing else, that performance showed the problem was the Ducati all along, and not Rossi. Can't wait for COTA on the 21st!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You would think!! :rolleyes: But some people are just begrudging f**kers who hate to be proven wrong. If nothing else, that performance showed the problem was the Ducati all along, and not Rossi. Can't wait for COTA on the 21st!! :D

Hayden obviously justs wants to be an "also ran" and have a steady pay cheque each week then....:pac:

He obviously has no wish (in all the years hes now been at Ducati) to be a race winner again and be a contender for a 2nd world title.

Well done Mr Rossi...you sir are an absolute motorbike racing legend and still a powerfull force to be rekoned with.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would love to see Alvara Bautista get a better bike and or better team, I think he is so underated and an absolute quality rider. I almost wish Stoner was back to mix it up again.....I said ALMOST!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would love to see Alvara Bautista get a better bike and or better team, I think he is so underated and an absolute quality rider. I almost wish Stoner was back to mix it up again.....I said ALMOST!

He may actually be back before too long,judging by the way his car racing exploits are going.

Hes having a shyte time of it racing the V8 saloon cars back in Australia.

Sure he smacked it into the wall on his debut....and hes still moaning and crying too.:pac::D

I'd love him back...and on a Ducati too............;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

This will be the first year for me watching the Moto GP. So far im already in love with it :D Absolutly loved your man Marquez yesterday....oooouphh Id say hes got what it takes, his elbows were scraping the track pretty much on every corner.

I have watched a few of last years races, a little confused as to what went wrong with Stoner though ? Why did he leave ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »

I have watched a few of last years races, a little confused as to what went wrong with Stoner though ? Why did he leave ?
    He's been racing professionally since he was 14 and has said he had enough of the way MotoGP was going, CRT bikes on the grid, Moto2 and 3 paddocks being separated from the MotoGP paddock etc.
    He has a family and he prefers to stay at home, he always did even when he was with LCR he always went back if he had time.
    Twice world champ on MotoGP bikes with two different manufacturers, what else has he to prove?

Marquez is quick but you need alot more then speed to be a champion....Dani Pedrosa has speed, but as of yet has no MotoGP title? Which is a shame as he is very good. I can see Marquez taking riders out aswell as himself if he does not relax a bit and use tactics and not just throttle.

But I am so glad he is in there mixing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

There are a number of reasons (including the fact that his missus had a baby) but I read in an interview that one of the reasons he left was due to the stick he got from fans, throwing abuse (and sometimes drinks bottles) becuase he was such a cry baby. He said he speaks his mind and can't understand why people dislike him so much.
    Marquez is quick but you need alot more then speed to be a champion....Dani Pedrosa has speed, but as of yet has no MotoGP title? Which is a shame as he is very good. I can see Marquez taking riders out aswell as himself if he does not relax a bit and use tactics and not just throttle.

Yep, he's one of the most successful riders without a title to his name.

As for Marquez, he's being watched like a hawk due to his "win it or bin it" nature. Hopefully he'll just calm down and get on with it instead of doing damage and causing incidents like he did in Moto2.

I think MCN has it just right.

...."The fastest MotoGP racer never to win a world title"....

That has got to sit sore with Pedrosa...:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

There are a number of reasons (including the fact that his missus had a baby) but I read in an interview that one of the reasons he left was due to the stick he got from fans, throwing abuse (and sometimes drinks bottles) becuase he was such a cry baby. He said he speaks his mind and can't understand why people dislike him so much.

Yep, he's one of the most successful riders without a title to his name.

As for Marquez, he's being watched like a hawk due to his "win it or bin it" nature. Hopefully he'll just calm down and get on with it instead of doing damage and causing incidents like he did in Moto2.

Otherwise known as "talks out his arse".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Awh right, pity about Stoner anyways. Cheers for letting me know.

didnt see a huge problem with Marquez though ... like wreckless or anything. I thought he was excellent for somebodys whos new to MotoGP

Go watch him in the GP2 fookin animal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Awh right, pity about Stoner anyways. Cheers for letting me know.

didnt see a huge problem with Marquez though ... like wreckless or anything. I thought he was excellent for somebodys whos new to MotoGP
    Have a look for last years Moto2 race in Motegi on a tube site.
    Awesome riding.

Am I the only one that thinks Redding should have been given the second Tech3 GP bike, not Smith?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Absolutely. Redding has the potential to be a MotoGP world champion, Smith will never amount to anything. At least Redding appears to have the sense not to rush into the top class, a couple of years of experience and getting used to fighting for wins and titles is invaluable, you'd think Smith would have had to have made an impression in Moto2 before moving up.

Scrap the cap!

Am I the only one that thinks Redding should have been given the second Tech3 GP bike, not Smith?

Spot on there.

I can see Bradders going back to Moto 2 or else getting a shyte ride next year with PBM on a CRT.

Or maybe back to the UK and BSB perhaps.

But the BSB lads would tear him a new ar5ehole...:pac::D

e's too much of a geezer...............Bradley is more Motogp material.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

paddy147 wrote: »
    I think MCN has it just right.

...."The fastest MotoGP racer never to win a world title"....

That has got to sit sore with Pedrosa...:pac::D

Dani won the 250cc world champpionship twice if that accounts for anything. He is a class act but has had quite a few injuries that have hindered him form performing better. The difference is he is not whinger or a clown like other pilots and everyone respects him unlike other pilots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Xaime wrote: »
    The difference is he is not whinger or a clown like other pilots and everyone respects him unlike other pilots.

Sorry, this chap is moan on two wheels, Pedrosa that is.

Bit like his manager.

Xaime wrote: »
    Dani won the 250cc world champpionship twice if that accounts for anything. He is a class act but has had quite a few injuries that have hindered him form performing better. The difference is he is not whinger or a clown like other pilots and everyone respects him unlike other pilots.

Well maybe he might do it for Repsol HRC this year and finally become a MotoGP world champ.

Id put money on "Rookie" Marquez whipping his ass though...:pac::D

2-0 so far to the "Rookie"..:D

"Rookie"

Why the quotes? He is a rookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fiskar wrote: »

That's a bit rich, seeing as it's only a few months since Casey Moaner retired :)

Scrap the cap!

Why the quotes? He is a rookie.

I said Rookie in the format of "rookie" to highlight that the Rookie (being just that) isnt usually meant to be whipping the main man/no 1 man in the team.

The usual thing is that the rookie settles in and learns the ropes in his new team.

But Mark Marquez has torn up the rule book,has torn Pedrosa a new ar5ehole and absolutely trounced all over him too.

So the "rookie" Marquez is trouncing all over the "experienced" main rider,that being Pedrosa.

2-0 to Marquez..:D

"rookie" Marque

Marquez is a rookie, no two ways about it.
    the "experienced" main rider,that being Pedrosa.

Pedrosa is experienced, no two ways about that either.

Do you also write in to Top Gear starting your letters with 'So called "Top Gear"'?

Marquez is a rookie, no two ways about it.

Pedrosa is experienced, no two ways about that either.

Do you also write in to Top Gear starting your letters with 'So called "Top Gear"'?

Whats your problem now???:confused:

You seem to be taking issue with my posts for no reason at all.

Im not going to argue with you.as I dont see any need for it and any reason for it either.

So on that note..........

Take care and enjoy your evening.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Fiskar wrote: »

Bit like his manager.

If Danni got rid of Alberto it would be no bad thing IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

I said Rookie in the format of "rookie" to highlight that the Rookie (being just that) isnt usually meant to be whipping the main man/no 1 man in the team.

The usual thing is that the rookie settles in and learns the ropes in his new team.

But Mark Marquez has torn up the rule book,has torn Pedrosa a new ar5ehole and absolutely trounced all over him too.

So the "rookie" Marquez is trouncing all over the "experienced" main rider,that being Pedrosa.

2-0 to Marquez..:D

It is only a matter of time until Marquez starts making mistakes. He had already a few bad crashes in moto 2 because he is very inexperienced. My money would be on Lorenzo anytime and then on Rossi. Both are much better riders than Marquez.

Advertisement