Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities who like Anime/Manga

Options
  • 06-04-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭

I was listening to a podcast recently, jonathan ross was on talking about a game he's making.

The conversation moved to games he was playing and he's been playing ni no kuni wrath of the white witch which is a Ghibli collaboration, it turns out that he's a big anime fan and especially like Ghibli; he's got a box of spirited away dvds that he gives out to any kids and a few adults who visit his home.

There's a lot of famous nerds out there who you'd expect to have some knowledge but who's the most surprising person who've found out likes anime?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

according to this article kanye west likes anime http://www.vulture.com/2007/08/kanye_west_listening_party.html

according to this forum poster it seems hulk hogan has a thing for one piece and pokemon ..

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/96609-Famous-people-that-like-anime-manga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Robin Williams is an Eva fan AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Quinntan

Isn't Keanu Reeves a big fan of Cowboy Bebop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Bill Bailey wore a Naruto t-shirt on QI once.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jonathan Ross has been watching anime since before a lot of you were born! :D

Any of you remember the documentary he did for channel 4s Manga weekend in the early 90s? They were showing things like Akira, Patlabor and 3x3 eyes from what I recall. Blew my young preteen mind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

From what I've heard, Samuel L Jackson fits in here. He does seem quite nerdy in some ways, I wouldn't be too surprised if my sources are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Eden Hazard is big naruto fan apparantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Darren aronofski is a huge fan of satoshi kon, black swan was pretty much a love letter to perfect blue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Leonardo DiCaprio is apparently a big fan which is why he wants to be involved in some live action productions like Akira.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Leonardo DiCaprio is apparently a big fan which is why he wants to be involved in some live action productions like Akira.

He was also in Inception, which was inspired by Paprika

• Advertisement
Advertisement