Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 'thin' burger in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭cianc1

My vote is for Aussie BBQ too, burgers over the charcoal grill taste amazing, I find I compare every other burger to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I went to Rick's once based on all the recommendations on boards. I decided quite quickly that you NEED to be pissed before you can enjoy it.

GBK is manky soggy (not juicy, just soft and mushy) burgers with horrible chips.

I like Rockets tbh, and also like a Big Mac or a Double Whopper with cheese.

Is BoBo's on Dame St a sit-down waiter service type place or a fastfood 'order at the counter' type?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Is BoBo's on Dame St a sit-down waiter service type place or a fastfood 'order at the counter' type?

In Bobo's on dame st. you're ushered to your seat and a waiter takes your order. The service is quite friendly but it's pricey enough for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Oh for there to be a "gourmet" version of McDonald's double cheeseburger. Until then, their 2euro version beats the 8euro plus burgers found elsewhere.

Totally agree that the burgers from the likes of GBK, Joburger et al are unmanageable. The two "sliders" (new word of the day) in the pic above look divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Porterhouse have a "3 sliders" option on their menu. Small burgers, manageable, and each with different toppings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Jo'burger will cook your burger rare for you if you want.

Thanks Cool Mo, things have obviously changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I think an Eddie Rockets burger with no dressing is the best thin burger available. Add a bit of cheese, ketchup and maybe onion.

Of all the Eddie Rockets Dundrum in Dublin use the nicest buns.

Yes I have been to them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

cianc1 wrote: »
    My vote is for Aussie BBQ too, burgers over the charcoal grill taste amazing, I find I compare every other burger to this one

I thought the Aussie BBQ was terrible! I got the Great White burger and while there was plenty of meat it was bland and tasteless. There was certainly no charcoal grill taste.
    My girlfriend had the BBQ ribs and again terrible. The chips were probably the worst I've had for a while. And to top it off the service was terrible.
    It is really cheap but I'd much rather a McDonalds or else spend a few euros more and get an Eddie Rockets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I thought the Aussie BBQ was terrible! I got the Great White burger and while there was plenty of meat it was bland and tasteless. There was certainly no charcoal grill taste.
    My girlfriend had the BBQ ribs and again terrible. The chips were probably the worst I've had for a while. And to top it off the service was terrible.
    For a no-frills place I've always found the service absolutely impeccable. I'm quite fussy about chips and I'd rank theirs second only to Bear: thin, hot and skin-on is optimal, IMO. It's just a shame they insult them with awful ketchup. But what I'd fault them on most is their bread-to-meat ratio on the burger and pulled pork. There may be loads of meat there but it doesn't feel like it to me because there's so much bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Eddie Rockets is shíte. My reason is consistancy. If they do it well, it's good, but been in there a few times and the burger was the worst shíte ever. Would never recommend the place to anyone.
    Making your own is obviously the best, but when you're in town miles from home, it's not really an option.
    Counter was the nicest I've had, but too much tempetation to get a pile of toppings and make it messy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Aussie BBQ is genuinely disgusting. It talks a good game but the reality is dire.

Good review here.

http://lovindublin.com/cafe-2/spitroasted-down-under-aussie-bbq-dublin/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Jo'burger will cook your burger rare for you if you want.

If they are, then they are violating an environmental health order given to them not so long ago

MarkMc wrote: »
    If they are, then they are violating an environmental health order given to them not so long ago

So, I was right about rare burgers? I remember a waiter telling me this before. However, it says on joburgers website that they will cook it to your liking, rare, medium etc. so Cool Mo D is correct. I would be keen to head in and have a burger there in that case!!

John_Rambo wrote: »
    So, I was right about rare burgers? I remember a waiter telling me this before. However, it says on joburgers website that they will cook it to your liking, rare, medium etc. so Cool Mo D is correct. I would be keen to head in and have a burger there in that case!!

You are right, the HSE don't like it due to ecoli risk

http://www.thejournal.ie/hse-warn-dublin-restaurant-over-serving-rare-burgers-69878-Jan2011/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had a medium cooked lamb burger in JoBurger recently enough, and in a wrap of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Joe Hart wrote: »
    Aussie BBQ is genuinely disgusting. It talks a good game but the reality is dire

Spot on, the been twice and it was woeful both times, had the great white and the pulled pork. Both times the bread wasn't fresh and should've been toasted, the burger was like something you'd get out of a bog standard chipper, bland and tasteless. Also took well over half an hour to get served which at lunchtime is a joke. Avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

You need to know the secret code ;)

You need to know the secret code ;)

Its not that secret, its on their website

Twee. wrote: »
    I had a medium cooked lamb burger in JoBurger recently enough, and in a wrap of course ;)

I often have a dish of raw spiced minced lamb in a restaurant in Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.......and they allow tobacco products to be sold in nearly every shop in the country!

"shakes head"

• Advertisement

Aussie BBQ is genuinely disgusting. It talks a good game but the reality is dire.

Good review here.

http://lovindublin.com/cafe-2/spitroasted-down-under-aussie-bbq-dublin/
    Woah, he fairly slates it there! In fairness, a t-bone steak for €16 has to be shíte, or as thick as a rasher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Cienciano wrote: »
    Woah, he fairly slates it there! In fairness, a t-bone steak for €16 has to be shíte, or as thick as a rasher

Did you read any of his other reviews? What a knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Mr Whirly wrote: »

It's like reading an article on cracked.com. "wow you cursed?! So edgy!!!"

It's like reading an article on cracked.com. "wow you cursed?! So edgy!!!"

The guy is a knob, but cracked.com is deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Mr Whirly wrote: »

Absolute bell end! His fear of the Northside makes him even more of a tosser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Twee. wrote: »

What's with everyone saying to get a burger in a wrap???

A burger in a wrap isn't a burger surely, more like a mince kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

not in Dublin but in new York. Best burger i have had there was in le parker meridien hotel. http://www.parkermeridien.com/eat4.php

Tiny place hidden behind a black curtain behind the reception desk, does simple burger or chips no choices no discussion or you lose your place in (very big) queue.. that's it..and thin burger!

We need more in Dublin like this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

What's with everyone saying to get a burger in a wrap???

A burger in a wrap isn't a burger surely, more like a mince kebab.

A burger is the piece of meat which is usually contained within bread.

A burger without any bread is still a burger.

I think what you may be thinking of is a kofta, which is still just the meat part anyway, regardless of what it comes with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The buns in JoBurger are just too big and too messy. The wrap keeps all the goodies from slipping out the side and is less... Bready! Less bread means more room for onion rings :D It's not done like a burrito, the wrap is folded into a triangle with a pocket for the burger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Frankly it surprised me so many people are saying ricks. I just cant see the quality or anything that is being said on here.

Is it a drunk taste test that people are having ?

Aussie Burger is hard to beat.

Advertisement